"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Zenkashuu wrote:Did anyone point out that Future Gohan has wrong hairstyle? :lol:
Hopefully it's just a placeholder, I mean he actually has the right outfit and it seems like they are going all out with the characters this time.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:23 pm

I hope they make the character customization more in depth, fix the camera and give us a better combat system. I'm surprise that the game is coming out this year. I was expecting early 2017.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:28 pm

I really hope they fix the combat system. It was like Dimps was more focused on the whole Time Patrol shit than the core gameplay. It needs more ways to punish spammers and to make characters have more varied combos like in the Budokai series. Also, don't forget to add a difficulty setting and a practice mode this time (seriously, what fighting game doesn't have that?).

As for the Character creator I'd like them to add measurements and to have a fighting style of choice... oh better yet, allow us to make our own styles.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Lord Slug in the game means that he will likely get a new English voice because Brice Armstrong is no longer voice acting. I always hated how Lord Slug in the Funimation English dub sounds like Captain Ginyu. Maybe we will get a new original voice for the character.
She/Her

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue May 17, 2016 12:35 pm

I think the best way to eleviate the whole spamming invincible thing is to just leave all the RPG elements to the story mode only, and maybe player matches too.. But when it comes to ranked fights each created character should be scaled with the official characters.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue May 17, 2016 12:36 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Lord Slug in the game means that he will likely get a new English voice because Brice Armstrong is no longer voice acting. I always hated how Lord Slug in the Funimation English dub sounds like Captain Ginyu. Maybe we will get a new original voice for the character.
Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Actually I wonder, are we getting this one on the same release day as Japan? That would be nice... Though we'll probably get it a bit less than a month later again. :roll:
Last edited by TekTheNinja on Tue May 17, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:38 pm

I'm very hyped.

I see they're taking an even bigger approach towards DBO in the sense that you can now fly in the multiplayer lobby. But in DBO, you needed to equip a flying pill to your character to be able to fly. X2 will most likely allow all characters that ability, and because of that, I doubt you'll see any players walking around anymore. They're all going to be in the air.

Riceball Donuts

Post by Riceball Donuts » Tue May 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Gee whiz, glad to see they finally stuck with a format.

With the game building on the foundation of Xenoverse 1, we'll likely see a giant leap in roster size. From what I can tell from the select glimpses of game footage, it looks like Dimps fine tuned the lighting. In the previous game, there were moments when lighter colors where completely washed out. I remember in the character creator, if you gave your character really white skin, the sheen would nearly be blinding. Oh, and that History of Trunks clip was gorgeous; a lot of attention was put on Trunk's facial animation. Those tears totally got me.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Looking forward to XV2. Hoping for even more character customization (I'd like to be able to equip clothes to non-CaC's too like in Ultimate Butouden, but I feel odds are low).

Interested to see how they involve Super. Will it be mostly DLC? Or will it be part of the game's main plot?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Riceball Donuts

Post by Riceball Donuts » Tue May 17, 2016 12:57 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Lord Slug in the game means that he will likely get a new English voice because Brice Armstrong is no longer voice acting. I always hated how Lord Slug in the Funimation English dub sounds like Captain Ginyu. Maybe we will get a new original voice for the character.
Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Actually I wonder, are we getting this one on the same release day as Japan? That would be nice... Though we'll probably get it a bit less than a month later again. :roll:
Jokes on them, they'll have to deal with day 1 lobby issues and disconnects. Although, I still have issues anytime I go back to Xenoverse 1 on Steam.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:59 pm

I can see the Time Breaker stones playing a role in the story mode. Maybe something like this from DBO

She/Her

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Tue May 17, 2016 1:02 pm

The cutscenes looks freaking amazing.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue May 17, 2016 1:11 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hope they make the character customization more in depth, fix the camera and give us a better combat system. I'm surprise that the game is coming out this year. I was expecting early 2017.
My guess is that it will release in early 2017, but they're trying to get preorders early so they're saying 2016 to hype everyone up. But by seeing the free roam flying, giant world, reworked character models, and amazing cutscenes... I AM HYPE AF. :D

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Tue May 17, 2016 1:19 pm

PC baaaaabyyy! Hell yeah, definitely getting this one...

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Tue May 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Hm, looks like they're going to stick with the original noncanon Bardock story. Odd how they add all that super saiyan bardock crap but ignore the fact the author finally gave the real story of Bardock and Gine.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue May 17, 2016 1:24 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Zenkashuu wrote:Did anyone point out that Future Gohan has wrong hairstyle? :lol:
Hopefully it's just a placeholder, I mean he actually has the right outfit and it seems like they are going all out with the characters this time.
I'm sure it is just a place holder.. I remember in the Debut Trailer for Ultimate Tenkaichi they had Goku in his saiyan arc attire fighting a regular Oozaru.. Then later on in as the game came closer to release that same scene had updated and it tour out to be Goku going against Great Ape Vegeta.

This Trailer has a few errors in certain moments of the series. Gohan's isnt nearly as damaged as he should be when they show him finishing off Cell, Goku doesn't seem to have the hole in the middle of his shirt when he's finishing off Kid Boo and lastly of course, Future Gohan seems to be in the right Gi but has the wrong hair AND has two arms. (though there was the thing with every game he's been in minus Sagas where he had both arms but only fought with one but still). Yet funnily enough, Bardock's armor damage matches perfectly with the show.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Tue May 17, 2016 1:25 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:Hm, looks like they're going to stick with the original noncanon Bardock story. Odd how they add all that super saiyan bardock crap but ignore the fact the author finally gave the real story of Bardock and Gine.
Maybe because DB- is shit and everyone loves that Bardock special and there is no canon, especially in video games, did you not see all those movie characters?

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Tue May 17, 2016 1:31 pm

It's nice to see other movie characters besides Broly...

I also hope we see the cruise ship from the Super version of Battle of Gods. Do you think Dimps will do the Super version of the Sagas? Or movie versions and save Super for DLC?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Damn, a lot of questions on my mind.

I wonder what the story will be for why Toki Toki city has changed to a more grounded town. Were we force to relocate? Is the time nest destroyed? Did Supreme Kai just want a better view? Also, a trailer line that caught my eye. "Save the future''. So, does that mean that Future Trunk's timeline is our character's timeline? Because that's the only way it would count as the future to us.

For that final line about 'outcomes you wished were different', I think that's just referring to the timelines being messed with like before. I doubt that it's actually suggesting we can change them, though I would actually love to participate in the what ifs for once. Seriously, it annoyed me in the first game that we would see what would happen, then stop the cool stuff from actually happening by setting the timeline right.

And the ad quote of this being ''the biggest world in Dragonball history'' that someone posted... Yeah, unless they don't count DBO, I really doubt this.

Also, DEAR GOD, THIS IS GORGEOUS!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue May 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:Hm, looks like they're going to stick with the original noncanon Bardock story. Odd how they add all that super saiyan bardock crap but ignore the fact the author finally gave the real story of Bardock and Gine.
The scene of Bardock confronting Freeza in space is in the manga too, which is the only thing we see taking place in the trailer and fits with Minus too.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW