"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:45 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Nozawa finally confirmed YESSSS! :mrgreen: I can take this villain seriously now.(hate to use this word but i am HYPED about this)

The interactions between Gokuu and Black Gokuu if done well will be the highlight of the arc for me.

- Travis
I'm kinda surprised so many here like the idea of having Nazawa as Black Goku.

Personally I think she's great, but her voice really didn't suit Turles (or Bardock for that matter). I feel it has the same, "your mom trying to do a bad guy voice" effect that people criticize Linda Young's Frieza for.

Maybe because Black Goku actually IS Goku it might fit more, but I dunno. I just really don't buy Nozawa's sinister voice.
If Black is Goku than it's normal for Nozawa to voice him. Anyway, I like her evil voice only in Super she annoyed me a little.
I think it's better that we didn't get a new episode title list they probably don't want to spoil the interesting stuff.
Last edited by shinmaru on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhisPL » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:50 am

He was someone already in the hands of the newspaper Newtype? There is no title and no one has released yet?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:06 am

I want Beerus and Whis to take center stage. I want them being more active so we can have actual growing and interesting characters to play off of and develop. Just make Black as strong as they are so they can be involved. The two of them are far more interesting than Goku and Vegeta are right now. Hopefully Trunks gets to go see them.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:43 am

dbzfan7 wrote:I want Beerus and Whis to take center stage. I want them being more active so we can have actual growing and interesting characters to play off of and develop. Just make Black as strong as they are so they can be involved. The two of them are far more interesting than Goku and Vegeta are right now. Hopefully Trunks gets to go see them.
I do think Beerus and Whis will be missing for most of the arc as Black Goku does something to them and that is why Zeno gets involved.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:50 am

Not really "news," but Ken Ohtsuka, who works on the show, drew the mysteriously young, not dead Mai.

... And, he uses the word "deformed"; I'm not sure if that's an acknowledgement that there needs to be some explaining of why Mai is around, or if he's being self-critical of his work like any artist. :P It's probably the latter.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:01 am

B wrote:Not really "news," but Ken Ohtsuka, who works on the show, drew the mysteriously young, not dead Mai.

... And, he uses the word "deformed"; I'm not sure if that's an acknowledgement that there needs to be some explaining of why Mai is around, or if he's being self-critical of his work like any artist. :P It's probably the latter.
He also posted this regarding Dragon Ball Super.
大塚 健 (Ootsuka Ken) wrote:さて、コンレボのメカ作監作業も終わったので、半月ほど休みたい(><)
ってわけにもいかないので、暫くはのんびりとしたスケジュールで仕事していこうかと。
作監は色々シンドイので今後は原画とコンテの仕事で頑張っていこうと思います。
とりあえずドラゴンボール超にまた参加する予定です。
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:04 am

B wrote:Not really "news," but Ken Ohtsuka, who works on the show, drew the mysteriously young, not dead Mai.

He's just saying it's not a great drawing. MORE IMPORTANTLY THOUGH 4 hours ago he tweeted that he's scheduled to work on a Super episode.

EDIT: Beaten, lol.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:06 am

Haha I think it is the latter as well :P It matches with Ootsuka's personality. He also bought the Resurrection 'F' anime comic recently in order to study Yamamuro's designs, so it seems as though he is working to improve himself right now?
JulieYBM wrote:He also posted this regarding Dragon Ball Super.
大塚 健 (Ootsuka Ken) wrote:さて、コンレボのメカ作監作業も終わったので、半月ほど休みたい(><)
ってわけにもいかないので、暫くはのんびりとしたスケジュールで仕事していこうかと。
作監は色々シンドイので今後は原画とコンテの仕事で頑張っていこうと思います。
とりあえずドラゴンボール超にまた参加する予定です。
It seems he is coming back, nice! I suspected he would be, but it is good to get a confirmation.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:20 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Nozawa finally confirmed YESSSS! :mrgreen: I can take this villain seriously now.(hate to use this word but i am HYPED about this)

The interactions between Gokuu and Black Gokuu if done well will be the highlight of the arc for me.

- Travis
I'm kinda surprised so many here like the idea of having Nazawa as Black Goku.

Personally I think she's great, but her voice really didn't suit Turles (or Bardock for that matter). I feel it has the same, "your mom trying to do a bad guy voice" effect that people criticize Linda Young's Frieza for.

Maybe because Black Goku actually IS Goku it might fit more, but I dunno. I just really don't buy Nozawa's sinister voice.
Voice acting is a subjective matter so there is really no point in arguing about it. For me Nozawa was fantastic as Tullece and i am happy that she is voicing Black Gokuu and i fully believe she will do a great job.

- Travis
Last edited by Saikyo no Senshi on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 am

Ootsuka returning is great. Happy to hear.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:37 am

I think he is talking about the style being chibi like.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:58 am

Beerus-sama wrote:

I think he is talking about the style being chibi like.
Yup. He uses デフォルメ, which is often used to refer to caricature in manga. So yeah, definitely chibi! :thumbup:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:14 pm

So... People were theorizing that Trunks blue hair might be some kind of homenage to Bulma. She is indeed killed by Black and Trunks dye his hair, plausible maybe?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 pm

Herms wrote:I always get a lot of site work done when I'm trying to put off other things.
I really appreciate it man. Respect.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 pm

Noah wrote:So... People were theorizing that Trunks blue hair might be some kind of homenage to Bulma. She is indeed killed by Black and Trunks dye his hair, plausible maybe?
He was seen with Bulma with blue hair though.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Sodhi wrote:He was seen with Bulma with blue hair though.
Damn, it's no use... Looks like we have to accept that out of nowhere blue hair.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Turambar
Beyond Newbie

Post by Turambar » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:27 pm

How can you not be hyped for the next arc after that new trailer? My hype level is over 9,000...

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:34 pm

This is the most hyped I have been for Super since super's 30 sec trailer.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:42 pm

- Travis
This was the most obvious thing that was bound to happen. Anyone who resembles Goku, or is related to him in anyway (male wise), is played by her - well, except for Raditz. But who really remembers/cares about him?

I'm seeing it as no different than the interactions between Tullece and Goku. Save for the, "Join me or die, Kakarotto!" bit. I could still honestly care less about the concept of Goku Black. But I will admit, I do love Nozawa's chilling voice when she portrays sinister characters.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:00 pm

Was it confirmed that it is Future Goku who becomes evil? Because I thought that it might be possible that Black merges/fuses with present Goku, probably making Vegeta and Trunks the protagonists of this arc.