"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm mostly fine with whatever they pick, I'd like to see the area from F as a stage and hopefully there are no story exclusive stages like Above Toki Toki and the Crack in Time.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:44 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I'm mostly fine with whatever they pick, I'd like to see the area from F as a stage and hopefully there are no story exclusive stages like Above Toki Toki and the Crack in Time.
Speaking of, Toki Toki City from Xenoverse AND XV2 would be sweet (along with ruined version of both or every stage for that matter).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:29 pm

I'm still waiting to hear what the Story actually is. Since we're still running around as Time Patrol, that would mean we're still trying to keep History on track. That means preventing changes. However the tagline here is "Outcomes you wished were different". If that's supposed to mean changing certain events, that goes against everything the Time Patrol has been doing. And certain things were already changed. Such as Bardock's survival due to the out of control wormhole created by Demigra. TP Trunks supposedly put everyone back to where they were supposed to be, except that Planet Vegeta was already destroyed. So TP Trunks either had to kill Bardock to maintain history, or stick him somewhere where he wouldn't adversely affect the timeline. Thus giving us the Bardock Special.

That aside, we don't know what the story is here. All we know is we're getting extra moving characters like Slug and Turles. That's it. They have no bearing from a Story standpoint, since we're already well ahead into RoF territory, and we may have the first three arcs of Dragon Ball Super. Which would just be added missions and not relevant much to the story since the first two were just retelling the last two movies. Which we already did in XV1. The U6 Tournament would be a nice extra, but nothing really major happened and there is no telling if that's even going to be included in XV2.

I want to hear what the Story is going to be like. What has changed? What is going to happen with the story we already know? Towa and Mira are still alive, so are they going to be a factor here? Does the "outcomes you wished were different" have any significance? If it's meant to change events, such as saving Future Gohan from being killed by the Androids, then you'd in fact become the Villain. Because you're changing history. You'd change who TP is by changing his history. And you'd be altering the events that'd already been interfered with in the previous game. Which means causing even more irregularities in Time, an doing the exact opposite of what Tika (the Time Kaioshin) was having you do in the first place. And that's kinda a story bit I was bringing up in the thread for what we want to see in a XV sequel.

That being, another faction of Time Patrollers going rogue to try and eliminate all Evil from history. Which would involve deliberately interfering in events to eliminate such individuals who had committed acts of evil. Such as King Piccolo, Dr. Gero and the RRA, the Saiyans, Freeza, etc etc. Which would drastically alter Time and more than likely cause a temporal collapse from the sheer number of paradoxes stacking up. This is something I can see happening. People given the power to travel through time and correct what they see as mistakes. It's the same logic as giving someone a time machine and using it to go kill Hitler. The problem with that is, eliminating him before doing all those horrible things, means eliminating the very reason for going back in time, and causing a paradox. Or, in the case of the faulty Time Travel in DBZ, creating an alternate timeline saved from those events, but potentially causing something worse because those events didn't happen to unite peoples and countries and potentially leading to a bigger war.

Perhaps this is all too complicated for a casual gamer or DBZ fan, but the Story of XV2 shouldn't be something you can sum up in a paragraph. It should be expansive with choices and consequences. It should feel like more of a struggle for our character to win the day than just going through a checklist. I want to see the Story grow and evolve from the first game, and not just be slapped on and then be "to be continued" with DLC.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:33 pm

You know what? Trunks didn't fix everything. It was the Supreme Kai of Time. I've been thinking for some time that she has major villain potential.
And I don't think they will do the exact same story again, but we will certainly go through everything we did in Xenoverse 1. I'd like to see Towa altering the events of the first game, I.E.
fixing time periods.

EDIT:
Zelvin wrote:Tika (the Time Kaioshin)
Her name is Chronoa according to Dragon Ball Heroes, just for future reference. :thumbup:
MyAnimeList | AniList

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:You know what? Trunks didn't fix everything. It was the Supreme Kai of Time. I've been thinking for some time that she has major villain potential.
And I don't think they will do the exact same story again, but we will certainly go through everything we did in Xenoverse 1. I'd like to see Towa altering the events of the first game, I.E.
fixing time periods.

EDIT:
Zelvin wrote:Tika (the Time Kaioshin)
Her name is Chronoa according to Dragon Ball Heroes, just for future reference. :thumbup:
Nothing to really spoil there. We know Mira survived the fight at the end of XV1. He'd just be grown a new body and made stronger. And I can see Dimps adding in Super Mira and Dark Towa forms to express the fact that these two have gotten stronger. And I'd very much want them to do this an expand upon these villain characters abilities.

I can also see Time Breaker Dabura being added in. Towa could get ahold of the Dragon Balls and bring him back to life, then user her power to bring Dabura over to her cause. The idea that she was mad at Buu for killing her brother was rather lazy and contrived. Especially given she was supposed to come from the Era 3000 and she can travel through time, would indicate she could change that event if she wanted to. Or, do like Goku and gang always do, and just find the dragon balls and bring him back. I'd wager that'd be incredibly easy for her to do.

As for Demigra, I could see him as not being completely dead. The continued wormholes shifting across time periods could indicate more than just his magic going out of control. Demigra was killed in the Crack of Time, which is a space outside of yet between all points in history. So when he died and that space was broken, his spirit or essence could've been scattered across various points in history. Which could've created those wormholes and leaving the possibility of reconstituting his essence and resurrecting him. Potentially under the influence or with the help of Towa and Mira.

There is so much that can be done to expand this story in amazing ways. The problem is that I don't see them putting as much effort into expanding the story as the Fans do.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Zelvin wrote:Nothing to really spoil there.
Just to be safe.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I know, right? I was really disappointed when I thought about it and realized it's not obtainable.
It's a shame, really. It's one of the most funniest attacks in the game.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:53 pm

ryou766 wrote:It's a shame, really. It's one of the most funniest attacks in the game.
Funny and awesome. Yep, it's possible. 8)
MyAnimeList | AniList

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: Her name is Chronoa according to Dragon Ball Heroes, just for future reference. :thumbup:
DBH isn't really canon for this, and I like calling her Tika for multiple reasons. Perhaps a major reason it should've been her name is due to Toriyama's love of puns. You have the bird, Toki, and then you have the Time Kaioshin, Tika. Tika and Toki. Tik and Tok. Tik-Tok, Tik-Tok, round goes the clock. It would be a pun worthy of Toriyama.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Hoping that Darkness Towa and Super Mira are implemented in XV2.

Safe to say that they'll be the only antagonists in the game; as opposed to XV1, where Demigra stole the spotlight.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Zelvin
I have a character named Tok, ironically... and I do agree. Puns all around!

ryou766
For sure. Especially if they're playable. Also, Mira with no armor and Super Mira with armor would be sweet as well.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:02 am

I really hope Black Goku is in the game.

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Spenzer wrote:I really hope Black Goku is in the game.
Probably DLC, just characters, costumes, skills and parallel quests.

I just want that cruise ship from Dragon Ball Super as a map

SaiyajinGokuWarrior
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyajinGokuWarrior » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:32 pm

OMG, i can't even wait! I hope Uub will be finally featured in Xenoverse 2! I hope! Today is E3 week though, hopefully we'll have a trailer now. ^^
Just chillin' with Goku and Vegeta, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, and of course Donald Fuckin' Duck.

And swingin' this keyblade called Crystal Snow. Damn, even its own keyblade transformation beats out Krillin's speed. BTW, Blizzard Blades are Goku fast.

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
Spenzer wrote:I really hope Black Goku is in the game.
Probably DLC, just characters, costumes, skills and parallel quests.

I just want that cruise ship from Dragon Ball Super as a map
Yeah I think so too. And OMG! I would love that as a map!

So I'm looking at the E3 schedule, when do you guys think Xenoverse 2 will be shown? http://www.gamesradar.com/e3-2016-schedule/

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 pm

I've got a reaaaaally cynical feeling that the more recent stuff from Super (Universe 6, Goku Black) will probably be tacked on as paid-for DLC content to maintain a longer interest cycle in after release.

I imagine that we'll probably get a proper RoF arc, though. The DLC for that in Xenoverse was pretty piss-poor.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:28 pm

I CAN'T WAIT! :clap:

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:I CAN'T WAIT! :clap:
Is that at E3? :shock:

THE HYPE REAL! :P

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 pm

Now if only our Gohan would consider doing that :lol:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:13 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Now if only our Gohan would consider doing that :lol:
Ha! Well played. :clap: