Could Mr. Satan be considered a Z-Fighter?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Could Mr. Satan be considered a Z-Fighter?

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:49 pm

All jokes aside. Mr. Satan is arguably the most beneficial out of the entirety of the Z-Fighters.

His contributions in ensuring the Earth's safety have been vast - such as triggering Gohan to become SSJ2 by tossing over No. 16's severed head, befriending Boo and convincing him to never destroy & kill again (although it DID later cause all the Evil Boo's to manifest), & commanding the people of Earth to raise their hands up into the air so that they could share their energy for Goku's Genkidama which would later decimate Pure Boo and end his reign of terror.

Yes, strength and power wise, Mr. Satan doesn't hold a candle to the other Z-Fighters - but that doesn't necessarily mean he's less important than them. Hadn't it been for Mr. Satan, I'm positive circumstances would have been worse for the entire universe.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Could Mr. Satan be considered a Z-Fighter?

Post by Desassina » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:51 pm

He fights with charisma, and without him, the world would have fallen to Majin Boo. God, I love this saga, because he's more involved and not a minor annoyance like in the Cell games, had DB ended there.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:58 pm

More so during Super. But I do agree, although I'm not sure he'd call himself one before GT.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:40 pm

No, I wouldn't call him one.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:49 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:No, I wouldn't call him one.
Care to bother explaining why you believe such?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Hell yeah. He played an integral role in the Majin Boo arc and significantly contributed to saving the universe twice. And he took on Majin Boo.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:01 pm

He's about as much one as Yajirobe is I suppose.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:23 pm

ryou766 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:No, I wouldn't call him one.
Care to bother explaining why you believe such?
He never actively puts in work... unlike Krillin, Yamcha, or Tien. He's basically just a snowboat who happens to do the right thing in the end.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:31 am

Of course. He's an important player in the Majin Boo struggle, essential in the defeat of Pure Boo. Power isn't everything. Him teaching Majin Boo to be good is one of my two ideal endings for that arc, the other one being Vegeta's sacrifice.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:14 am

Sure, I consider him one. I just normally put him and Videl both in the same general area of 'supporters and friends and family' as like, Ox King, Chi Chi, Bulma, Roshi, etc.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Sure, I consider him one. I just normally put him and Videl both in the same general area of 'supporters and friends and family' as like, Ox King, Chi Chi, Bulma, Roshi, etc.
So, more along the lines of an ally?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:31 pm

Exactly, though I kind of consider the allies all part of the 'Z-Fighter' group as well, even if they're not as integral to the front lines as they may have once been. They're still there when plans are being made, and sometimes offer up other ways to help on things (like Bulma, Yamcha, Roshi, 18, etc. looking for the Dragon Balls in the Boo arc), so it's not as if they're not making an effort to help in their own way too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MajinBrolyYamcha

Post by MajinBrolyYamcha » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:09 pm

During the Cell games he isn't a Z-Fighter. However during the Boo saga he can be considered a Z-Fighter.