How did Vegeta get God Ki?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Re: How did Vegeta get God Ki?

Post by Ozotto » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:29 pm

Goku obtains strength through spirituality and ritual.

While Vegeta obtains strength purely through self determination and physical training.

If you think about it, there's some truth to this statement.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:42 pm

The Vegeta fans got together and did their own god ritual to give Vegeta god ki.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:05 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
MaxZ wrote:Personally I think that god ki is just condensed normal ki, and it can be attained by learning to 'not let your ki leak out'

Likewise, the Super Saiyan God ritual is performed by 5 Saiyans imparting a 6th Saiyan with their ki, ergo a bunch of condensed normal ki. But as a result of the user not having the ability to 'keep their ki from leaking out', the form has a short time limit.
I'd have an easier time buying this if Goku and Vegeta didn't flare that shit up like madmen at any given opportunity they can after receiving advice not to do it anymore. Then there's the whole dragon ki thing from the BoG arc.
what do you mean, 'flare it up'? their auras?

I don't think a character's aura has anything to do with their ki leaking out.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:43 am

MaxZ wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
MaxZ wrote:Personally I think that god ki is just condensed normal ki, and it can be attained by learning to 'not let your ki leak out'

Likewise, the Super Saiyan God ritual is performed by 5 Saiyans imparting a 6th Saiyan with their ki, ergo a bunch of condensed normal ki. But as a result of the user not having the ability to 'keep their ki from leaking out', the form has a short time limit.
I'd have an easier time buying this if Goku and Vegeta didn't flare that shit up like madmen at any given opportunity they can after receiving advice not to do it anymore. Then there's the whole dragon ki thing from the BoG arc.
what do you mean, 'flare it up'? their auras?

I don't think a character's aura has anything to do with their ki leaking out.
Flaring your aura up is precisely what "ki leaking" is, though. Whis tells them to keep their ki inside their bodies which is what allows them to move freely in his ROSAT, before then they depended on their auras to just stay hovering, they were completely immobile until they both got rid of them. After that? Goes away completely, obsolete training methods like Roshi's and the ROSAT of Earth are apparently fine, but Whis? Doesn't matter I guess.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Shouldn't everyone be able to sense Beerus whenever he has an aura, then?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Zephyr wrote:Shouldn't everyone be able to sense Beerus whenever he has an aura, then?
What does sensing it have to do with anything? Whis tells them to keep it inside their bodies to increase strength gains and mere episodes later it gets thrown out the window when they do it in both their base and SS states. If they make it a point to say auras are bad, then they should retire them.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:33 pm

My bad, I though that we were talking about "God ki" basically being "ki not leaking out".

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:54 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Flaring your aura up is precisely what "ki leaking" is, though. Whis tells them to keep their ki inside their bodies which is what allows them to move freely in his ROSAT, before then they depended on their auras to just stay hovering, they were completely immobile until they both got rid of them. After that? Goes away completely, obsolete training methods like Roshi's and the ROSAT of Earth are apparently fine, but Whis? Doesn't matter I guess.
I don't think you're looking at it right.

Auras aren't ki leaking out, the very first time Goku and Vegeta follow Whis' directions and keep their ki inside properly, when they collide there's a flash of blue aura like SSJB. They correctly kept their ki inside in that scene, and they still produced an aura.

I think ki leakage is an invisible concept, and auras are not related to it, or else Beerus and the SSJB form wouldn't have an aura.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:58 am

Kaboom wrote:Vegeta gained the astounding, unfathomable, unprecedented, universe-threatening power of a Super Saiyan God...

By, like, trying reeeaaaally hard, you guys. For serious, he's such a dedicated trooper.

All the power he gained from all those decades of his life spent training, exploiting power-ups exclusive to his race, dying or nearly dying countless times in the process, even selling his soul to have his dormant power unlocked... all amounts to nothing compared to the mystical power he gained from the rigorous, extreme training of doing push-ups while Whis watches.

And he gained that power just in time to make Goku look good by getting his ass kicked by some random edgy trenchcoat dude who apparently got his hands on the watch from Clockstoppers.

*Spits*
And this is why I ignore every single thing about Super's first two arcs.

But yeah, as others have said, Vegeta did the Super Saiyan God ritual off-screen.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:04 am

MaxZ wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Flaring your aura up is precisely what "ki leaking" is, though. Whis tells them to keep their ki inside their bodies which is what allows them to move freely in his ROSAT, before then they depended on their auras to just stay hovering, they were completely immobile until they both got rid of them. After that? Goes away completely, obsolete training methods like Roshi's and the ROSAT of Earth are apparently fine, but Whis? Doesn't matter I guess.
I don't think you're looking at it right.

Auras aren't ki leaking out, the very first time Goku and Vegeta follow Whis' directions and keep their ki inside properly, when they collide there's a flash of blue aura like SSJB. They correctly kept their ki inside in that scene, and they still produced an aura.

I think ki leakage is an invisible concept, and auras are not related to it, or else Beerus and the SSJB form wouldn't have an aura.
I don't know man, Goku and Vegeta specifically ridding themselves of their auras just to be able to fly properly in Whis' ROSAT definitely tells me Ki leaking is connected to auras. After all, what is an aura but a users Ki being released in a visible form and surrounding their bodies?

I'd chalk up Beerus and SSB having an aura as either Toriyama or Toei having a brain fart with the whole concept. After all, SSB somehow gives you perfect ki control (as in, giving the user the ability to perfectly command just how much energy is spent on the form at any given time) but is a drain on your stamina :P

Given how the whole ki leaking things just not been mentioned at all, I wouldn't be surprised if someone just came up with it to try and justify Vegeta's strength increase without just giving him the ritual to make him look cooler.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Daisetsu wrote: And this is why I ignore every single thing about Super's first two arcs.

But yeah, as others have said, Vegeta did the Super Saiyan God ritual off-screen.
But Goku specifically says that Vegeta reached SsjB without the help of other Saiyans

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:57 pm

But he said that in Toei's version of the movie, he didn't say anything in the actual movie. In the end of Battle of Gods, Vegeta says Goku will help him turn Super Saiyan God in the next time, so that opens the possibility for Vegeta to achieve Super Saiyan God.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Grimlock wrote:But he said that in Toei's version of the movie, he didn't say anything in the actual movie. In the end of Battle of Gods, Vegeta says Goku will help him turn Super Saiyan God in the next time, so that opens the possibility for Vegeta to achieve Super Saiyan God.
This is true. But Super makes it a point that Vegeta does it all on his own. It's not just one statement. Toriyama had to have looked at the final script for Super and given it the green light I would assume

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:59 pm

MadSaiyantist wrote:This is true. But Super makes it a point that Vegeta does it all on his own. It's not just one statement. Toriyama had to have looked at the final script for Super and given it the green light I would assume
I reeaaaaaally doubt he looks over every script (though it's certainly possible), but either way, it seems like a fairly major plot point to not involve some Toriyama contribution or approval.

Of course, it's also possible he envisioned him using the ritual and simply didn't care if it changed in the anime, as it doesn't make much difference.

For the record, I still think it's A-OK that training with Whis can help enable god ki.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Cipher wrote:
MadSaiyantist wrote:This is true. But Super makes it a point that Vegeta does it all on his own. It's not just one statement. Toriyama had to have looked at the final script for Super and given it the green light I would assume
I reeaaaaaally doubt he looks over every script (though it's certainly possible), but either way, it seems like a fairly major plot point to not involve some Toriyama contribution or approval.

Of course, it's also possible he envisioned him using the ritual and simply didn't care if it changed in the anime, as it doesn't make much difference.

For the record, I still think it's A-OK that training with Whis can help enable god ki.
I thought he said he said he was excited to see the Future Trunks arc play out because he hasn't even seen the final script yet

Saiyan Soul

Post by Saiyan Soul » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:41 pm

The simple answer to this would be that Vegeta "does a lot of push ups and sit ups and drinks plenty of juice"
"It will take more than head games to stop me! You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps...HIS PRIDE!"

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Sort of like how Goku was using some god ki while being in his normal SSJ state during the final battle with Beerus, I think this correlates towards how Vegeta obtained his god ki. Vegeta probably got used to god ki after training with Goku and Whis for such a long period of time and somehow managed to pull off the ki himself through the use of ki control or something like that. It hasn't been fully explained how Vegeta got god ki, but that's my guess.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:36 pm

I don't get why they haven't given us a flashback or shown how he did it after all this time.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 pm

I think its pretty obvious he got it by training with Whis for those 6 months. Same as Beerus before him.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Mon May 01, 2017 12:22 am

I don't know why people are so bothered by Vegeta attaining a form on his own when that's such a vital part of his character. He didn't need friends to trigger his ascension into Super Saiyan 1 either and that's what always made him more impressive than Goku from a sheer willpower standpoint.