The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by In Brightest Day » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:21 pm

A few fights...

- Captain Ginyu (no Body-Swap) vs. Yamcha (Android arc).
- Perfect Cell vs. Kaioshin, SSJ Trunks and SSJ Son Goten (Post-ROSAT).
- Super Perfect Cell vs. SSJ Gotenks (Pre-ROSAT).
- Vegeta (vs. first form Freeza) vs. Sauza, Neizu & Dore.
- Yakon vs. Base Son Goku and Son Gohan (Boo arc).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:34 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:A few fights...

- IIRC, Dr Gero and/or Android 19 seemed to mistake Yamcha for Goku in regards to Goku's base power. I'd say that would place hime a good deal above Ginyu, so Yamcha takes this with ease.
- I have Kaioshin on the low end of SSJ2, so this a cake walk for him. Throwing in Goten and Trunks is overkill.
- Goktenks one shots. I mean, Goku flat out stated that pre-ROSAT Gotenks was stronger than he was as a SSJ3:
Chapter: 476 (DBZ 282), P9.3
Piccolo: “If that bastard felt like it, he could wipe out the entire Earth, up here included, in the blink of an eye…!”
Goku: “It’s alright, I don’t think he’ll take out the Earth. After all, I told him that in 2 days, someone stronger than me would fight him, and he seemed happy…”
- Vegeta slaughters all of them. Vegeta was able to hold his ground against some with a BP over 500,000. And none of Sauza, Neizu & Dore have a BP that reaches even half of that.
- Close battle. I have Yakon taking this but if Goku and Gohan can work together properly, they could come out on top.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:36 pm

• I usually throw the humans some bones and have them around in the 1 Million range by the Android Arc, as Gero though they could get some good amount of energy by absorbing Yamcha's power. So Ginyu gets beaten badly.
  • Cell gets overwhelmed quite easily. I have currently have Trunks and Goten equal to FPSS Kid Gohan, who i don't think is that much weaker than Cell. Kaioshin is more or less on par with PC in my book, as Piccolo was excited to fight in the tournament knowing Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta will be there. Yet gave up against Kaioshin because they're dimensions apart.
  • SS Gotenks was implied several times to be way stronger than Fat Buu. Gotenks plays with him for about 29 minutes, then kills him with a casual Kamehameha.
  • I'm powerless when it comes to movies, so pass.
  • While i believe Yakon is stronger than Goku, i don't think he's that much stronger. Goku can probably beat him alone after a hard battle, adding Gohan will give them an easy win.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:11 am

- My personal power level for Yamcha during this point is 90,000, aka dead even with Goku when he fought Ginyu. Yamcha puts up an admirable fight, but since he doesn't have Kaioken, Ginyu ultimately wins.
- Perfect Cell possesses the necessary power and skill advantage to deal with all three opponents without too much trouble.
- Vegeta's 250k power level is officially larger than their 170~180k power levels. Three-on-one makes it harder for Vegeta, but his penchant for strategy and dirty tricks makes me think that he has a pretty good chance of coming out on top.
- Yakon is just shy of being on par with 100% Freeza. Individually, the base Saiyans are weaker, but the difference is small enough that Goku and Gohan would win very easily.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:42 am

DanielSSJ, how do you feel Kaioshin and the kids would fair if Cell was fighting at the level that he fought Goku at?

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:17 am

Vegeta and Trunks (both pre ROSAT) vs Android 18

Piccolo (w Kami) vs Android 18

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:19 am

Have not commented in a while, so might as well start again.

- Others have already mentioned how Gero thought Yamcha could give him a good amount of energy, so Yamcha takes this.
- At Full Power, I have Cell stomping. I have Kaioshin, Trunks and Goten about as strong as Cell Games Vegeta or a Cell Jr.
- Gotenks was thought to be able to handle Fat Boo. That puts him much stronger than Cell.
- I don't really like using V-Jump's levels for the Armored Squadron. In my opinion, Sauza held out too well against Nail fused Piccolo for me to place him at 170,000. I don't imagine Vegeta to be able to hold out against Piccolo so well, so I would say Sauza alone takes this.
- Yakon had a slight edge against Goku, but Gohan seemed to believe that both him and Goku together can defeat Yakon without going Super Saiyan. So the team wins this.
Krillin1994 wrote:Vegeta and Trunks (both pre ROSAT) vs Android 18

- 18 beat up Vegeta quite badly when she got serious, and I would assume she could nearly one shot Trunks similarly to how 17 did. So 18 for me.
- I think with the wider strength gap, Piccolo would be able to win before his stamina runs out.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:53 am

In Brightest Day wrote:- Captain Ginyu (no Body-Swap) vs. Yamcha (Android arc).
- I give Yamcha the win.
- Perfect Cell crushes all of them with ease. I don't consider Kaioshin stronger than any Boo arc Super Saiyan, and I don't consider any Boo arc Super Saiyan close to Perfect Cell.
- SS Gotenks was stated to be stronger than SS3 Goku, so Cell would break his hand trying to punch Gotenks.
- Cooler sent his armoured squadron to beat Goku, who he knew beat Freeza. I can't see how they could be weaker than 1st form Freeza.
- Goku and Gohan would win. Yakon alone wasn't too far ahead (if at all) of Goku, and while Gohan is pathetic, I don't think it's by so much that he can't do anything here.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:11 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:DanielSSJ, how do you feel Kaioshin and the kids would fair if Cell was fighting at the level that he fought Goku at?
- He'd have a tougher time, but the kids are only about as strong as Vegeta and Trunks were in the Cell Games, and Kaioshin is only a bit stronger than a Cell Junior. Cell would still have a fair power advantage and a massive advantage in skill. The kids are still cocky, inexperienced little kids and Kaioshin is still a twitchy, incompetent fighter.

- I think that they'd probably need all three Super Saiyans to take out a single Android. Probably need Piccolo too. Vegeta and Trunks don't have the necessary power or teamwork skills to make this one work.
- Piccolo fought evenly with #17, who is confirmed to be stronger than #18. Piccolo will struggle for a bit, but he'll eventually come out on top.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:18 pm

0%/100% - Yamcha has a huge power advantage, which makes Ginyu beyond any chance of winning.

98%/2% - Cell is decently ahead of them, power wise. I find it very unlikely they could overcome that gap using teamwork. Kaioshin is beyond incompetent, while his special abilities might annoy Cell at first, alone he doesn't have a chance. The kids aren't much better, they don't have the fighting IQ to do anything useful.

0%/100% - Gotenks just kills him, there's too big of a power difference. At best, Cell could go for suicide and have a tie.

Don't know.

0%/100% - Yakon should be a bit stronger than them individually, working as a team they would make quick work of him. Yakon didn't appear to have much in the brains department.

0%/100% - While I think the power advantage #18 has over Vegeta isn't very big, Trunks is decently weaker than his father. Vegeta wouldn't allow for any team work, it would be a mess of a fight. #18 would just wear down Vegeta while Trunks struggles and then kill them both.

30%/70% - While #18 is weaker than her brother, it shouldn't be that significant. She's also the smarter and the cool-headed one, which honestly is more useful here. I bet she wouldn't allow herself to be overwhelmed after seeing that Piccolo is the stronger, she would turn the fight into one of attrition. Until Piccolo was exhausted.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Piccolo (Android saga pre Kami) vs Frieza

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Piccolo (Android saga pre Kami) vs Frieza
Piccolo is more-or-less on par with Goku and Trunks from three tears ago and has no problem handing Freeza like a misbehaving child.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:39 pm

Android saga Gohan fighting against Frieza's multiple forms. No rage boosts. what's the strongest form of Frieza he could take

Gohan vs Frieza (1st form)
Gohan vs Frieza (2nd form)
Gohan vs Frieza (3rd form)
Gohan vs Frieza (final form 1%)
Gohan vs Frieza (final form 50%)
Gohan vs Frieza (final form 100%)

I always find android saga Gohan to be weird to place in strength considering he has no feats really.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:41 pm

Judging from where he was at the end of the Namek arc (where he could give 3rd form Freeza a bit of trouble with no rage boost), and the fact that he was supposed to be a good sparring partner for Goku if he ever gained SS, he should be pretty close to the other android arc base Saiyans. He stops at 50% Freeza.

btw, 3rd form > 1% final form.

-Like everyone else, I put the humans into the low single digit millions based on Gero's comments on their energy and how much it would help him. Yamcha clocks in at 2 million. He easily wins.
-Perfect Cell wins handily. The three team members are all around Cell Jr tier.
-SS Gotenks was stronger than Fat Buu. He could take a small army of Super Perfect Cells.
-Cooler sent these guys after someone he thought killed Freeza. They also gave base Goku some trouble, and Salza at least wasn't instantly turned to dust by an early Android arc era Piccolo. Freeza could go to his third form, and any single one of them could still win.
-I don't see any reason to doubt Gohan's assessment here.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:42 pm

I thought Gohan got a rage boost against 50% frieza after seeing Piccolo being tortured.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Android saga Gohan fighting against Frieza's multiple forms. No rage boosts. what's the strongest form of Frieza he could take

I always find android saga Gohan to be weird to place in strength considering he has no feats really.
For Power Level lists, I typically place him on par with Goku from the Freeza fight, so he hits a wall at 50% Freeza.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:07 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:- Broli (Second Coming) vs. Paikuhan.
- Cyborg Tao vs. Chaozu and Muten Roshi (23rd Budokai).
- SSJ2 Son Goku (Boo arc) vs. Super Perfect Cell.
- Lord Slug (young) vs. Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha (Revival of F).
- Piccolo (Trunks arc) vs. Freeza (3rd form).
- SSJ Vegeta (beginning of GT) vs. Ledgic.
— Hard to tell, since both are somewhat inconsistent movie/filler characters. I think Broli is significantly stronger than Super Perfect Cell, so he might be more than Paikuhan can handle.
— My gut says that Tao Pai Pai wins this, but Muten Roshi can give him a good fight with Chaozu's backup.
— Goku's even stronger than Gohan was, without Gohan's shortcomings. He's challenged, but still definitely destroys Cell.
— Young Slug in my book was around first-form Freeza's power, maybe even stronger, while even Kuririn probably capped out around 150k, with Tenshinhan and especially Yamcha being noticeably weaker than him. Barring any lucky hits with the Kienzan or Kikoho, the Earthling trio gets wrecked.
— Based on how much Piccolo improved over those three years, I like to think that his merger with Nail was a big boon to his rate of growth along with the immediate power-up. If that's the case, then he may have already increased his power several-fold during that almost 2-year period between Namek and Trunks. Thus he can beat 3rd-form Freeza pretty easily now, and could probably give true-form Freeza an even better fight than Goku did.
— Normally I bypass GT match-ups, but this one seems straightforward enough. If Goku as a Super Saiyan could beat Redgic so easily, then I'm sure Vegeta could too.
Berserker1921 wrote:Super Buu vs Janemba (no absorbing)?
Kid Buu vs Hirudegarn?
— Janemba's probably got this. He's right between Evil Boo's regular and absorption forms in my book, the type of extremely powerful foe that only a Goku-Vegeta Fusion could handle. He's smart enough to figure out the need to completely eradicate Boo to win.
— Hirudegarn is strong enough one way or another (probably in large part to his massive physical size and strength) to KO both SS3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan, thus he's obviously a lot stronger than Pure Boo. Buuuuuut Hirudy's mostly a mindless monster who relies mostly on smashing things, and so he's not likely to figure out how to put Boo down for good. Buuuuuuuuuuut likewise, Pure Boo's probably not smart enough to figure out Hirudegarn's weakness either, and even if he did, he wouldn't have the power to do anything about it. This will probably end up being a massively destructive stalemate.
Pocket-God wrote:Who do you like better battles, Namek Saga Edition~

Burter vs Recoome
Jeice vs Nail
Ginyu vs Frieza
Guldo vs Dodoria
Zarbon vs Krillin
Vegeta vs Gohan
Goku vs Cui
Appule vs Guru
Dende vs Bulma

Bonus Round; Who is your absolute favorite character from the Namek Saga?
Extra Bonus Round; Which is your favorite form of Frieza?
— Gonna go with Butta. Recoome is fun, but his dub voice has unfortunately left a permanent stain on him as a whole in my mind.
— Nail. The guy was awesome, and defined what it truly meant to be a Warrior-type Namekian.
— Freeza. My favorite villain in the entire series, so this is a no-brainer.
— Man, they both suck. I guess I'll pick Gurd, because his power was interesting.
— Definitely my main man Kuririn, especially during the arc where he claimed the "strongest Earthling" title and never gave it back (until Oob showed up).
— Vegeta was a total BAMF in this arc, especially compared to a putz like Gohan.
— Goku, of course. Kui really only existed as a measuring stick for Vegeta.
— All hail Lord Appule.
— Dende, because he actually served a purpose during the Namek arc.

— I can't choose between Freeza himself or Goku when he first became "the" Super Saiyan.
— It has to be his true form, especially when he first premiered and used it against the peanut gallery. I'm a fan of Dragon Ball's persistent "the small ones are unexpectedly strong" trope. I like Golden Freeza a lot in concept, but the actual design leaves something to be desired — those two different shades of yellow/gold kind of clash.
MaxZ wrote:Sort of a VS, Beerus VS Super Buu, but not in a straight up fight.
what I'm wondering is, would it actually be physically possible for Super Buu to absorb Beerus, if he caught him off guard?
Probably... although based on the unpredictable results we saw when Boo absorbed the two Kaioshin, it seems that godly ki (which nowadays I just assume the Kaioshin have) has weird compatibility issues with Majin Boo. There's no telling what would happen to Boo and his power if he successfully absorbed Beerus.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Cell Games Saga Teen Gohan (Base) vs Frieza Saga Final Form Frieza (100% Full Power)
It's now been repeatedly established in 3 different versions of the Battle of Gods story that not even Goku had surpassed Freeza without Super Saiyan yet, and by then (~5 years after Majin Boo) he was considerably stronger than Gohan was at the Cell Games. This Gohan in his base form is no match for 100% Freeza.
Berserker1921 wrote:Omega shenron vs Golden Frieza?
Super 17 vs Hit?
BabyVegeta vs Commonsome baby vegeta? (Baby isn't disappearing.)
Super Buu vs Janemba?
Hideregan vs Darbura?
Broly vs Hichatichi?
Bojack vs Cell?
— All of Super Yi Xing Long's abilities from the other 6 dragons are too much for Freeza to deal with.
— Super 17 wins, because A) I don't like Hit, and B) based on the superior manga version of the story, I bet Super 17 is, or at least could become, a lot stronger than Hit and get around his time-skip ability.
— I got no idea. As far as I know, both of them are just using Vegeta's power and don't actually have any of his skill. Flip a coin.
— Without his normal power edge, Janemba won't be able to finish Boo off. And if Boo gets backed into a corner by Janemba's tricks, then it's likely he'll win by absorption or a candy beam.
— Hirudegarn's sheer size gives him a massive advantage in raw physical strength over pretty much anyone he fights. Including Dabra, who won't be able to get around Hirudegarn's intangibility before taking a bus-sized forearm to the face and being KO'd.
— You mean Hachiyak, the villain from Plot to Eliminate the Whatevers? As far as I know (because I haven't actually seen either version of the OVA), he's a kindred spirit to Broli, and both are just hulking thugs who go around smashing their opponents. If so then this fight could go either way.
— Cell has a lot more special abilities up his sleeve thanks to all his progenitors, and based on how they each fared against SS2 Gohan, Cell's exoskeleton also gives him a defense buff compared to Bojack's vulnerable blue/green squishyness. Cell wins.
MaxZ wrote:SSJ1 Vegeto (Buu Saga) vs RoF final form Frieza
SSJ2 Vegeto vs the same
SSJ3 Vegeto vs the same
Vegetto wins all three fights. I've got no good reason to believe that Freeza was in the realm of the gods until he went Golden.
LightBing wrote:#18 vs Vegeta - Same fight as in the Android arc, difference being that #18 doesn't have infinite energy.
Ginyu, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Kuririn, Nail, Piccolo(Pre-Nail Assimilation) and Dende vs First Form Freeza - All characters are at their powers right before Freeza starts his fight with Vegeta, Kuririn and Gohan. No Kaioken.
— Vegeta's the better fighter and has natural Saiyan physical strength and durability, but he's still at a power disadvantage to Eighteen. He's got a better chance of winning now, but the odds are still in Eighteen's favor.
— Hard to tell how strong Goku would be if he was taken out of the healing tank early or something, and we've got no solid idea of how strong Piccolo was before merging with Nail... but the addition of Ginyu alone would probably be enough to tip the scales in the team's favor against Freeza, even though Vegeta would still do most of the work. If Freeza gets determined or desperate enough though, then he's got enough of a power advantage (at least twice as strong as any of them) that he could still definitely win.
MaxZ wrote:Base (manga) Vegito VS Buuhan
Vegetto doesn't need to be anywhere near as strong as Gohan-Boo in his base form to dominate and humiliate him like he did as a Super Saiyan, and I don't think he was anywhere close. By my conservative figures, for Super Vegetto to have a power level several times greater than Boo, in base he would need to be "only" somewhat stronger than SS2 Goku or Vegeta.

Also, and I always forget about this, but RandomGuy did a nice job laying out how the filler doesn't really portray base Vegetto as close in power to Gohan-Boo.
Krillin1994 wrote:Goku (Saiyan Saga) vs Cui
Goku (Saiyan Saga) vs Dodoria
Goku (Sayain Saga) vs Zarbon (no monster form)

Goku can use the Kaioken up to x4
Well let's see...

Goku: 8,000 [KK: 16,000, KKx3: 24,000, KKx4: 32,000]
Kwi: 18,000
Dodoria: 22,000
Zarbon: 23,000

Kwi doesn't seem nearly as tenacious or durable as Vegeta to me, despite their similar power. So if Goku hits Kwi hard enough with a few Kaio-Ken x3 blows, odds are that Kwi's not getting back up again.

Zarbon and Dodoria are a different story, because the Kaio-Ken x3 probably wouldn't be enough to finish them off. That puts Goku on-par with their power, but unlike when Vegeta beat them with that same 24k PL, Goku is limited to quick bursts and is even hurting himself in the process. He would almost certainly need the KKx4 to beat them, but that gets super risky. If he doesn't land a killing blow almost immediately, then they'll be injured but pissed off while he's drained and helpless. Goku CAN win, but he needs to be very, VERY careful and really make his Kaio-Ken bursts count.
In Brightest Day wrote:- Captain Ginyu (no Body-Swap) vs. Yamcha (Android arc).
— Kuririn shot past the 100,000 mark and Tenshinhan probably did too... but I doubt poor Yamcha ever did. At best he'd probably get to like 50k or 60k and be able to beat Recoome, Butta, or Jheese.
— They'd be about even in power, but the odds of Gotenks actually fighting seriously instead of screwing around and getting his butt kicked are astronomically low. Cell wins.
— Vegeta is at 250k while the Armored Squad average around 170k. Vegeta can win, but the odds are against him. The Armored Squad are close enough for their numbers to mean a lot, and they're all pretty skilled fighters too.
— Gohan says that he and Goku fighting together could win, and I don't see any reason not to believe that.
— Eighteen's combined strength advantage and infinite stamina let her pick apart BOTH Super Saiyans if she gets serious. If it were Goku instead of Trunks, then it might be a slightly different story.
— Piccolo was even with Seventeen, who's stronger than Eighteen. I don't think Big Green would have nearly as much trouble winning this fight as he did versus Seventeen.
Piccolo is a good chunk behind the Super Saiyans, but still ahead of organic Freeza, who gets smacked upside his purple-domed head.
Krillin1994 wrote:Android saga Gohan fighting against Frieza's multiple forms. No rage boosts. what's the strongest form of Frieza he could take?
I just consider Gohan more or less on-par with the other Saiyans in base, and simply lacking Super Saiyan. So he can handle up through the initial true-form Freeza who first fought Vegeta and Goku (which was not 1% of his power, despite the dub-line, by the way. It'd be more like 3%), but unless he gains Super Saiyan then he gets his ass kicked by 50% and definitely 100% Freeza.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:16 am

- Ginyu takes this
- Perfect cell sweeps through them like nothing. Add CG Goku and buu arc piccolo too and then we have a fight.
Suppressed cell vs team might be a fight, but still not a fair fight.
- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cell vs gotenks. Gotenks accidentally beats him to death while holding back trying to play, using rolling thunder punch (Or whatever)
- Sauza was able to trouble Nail-ccolo significantly, putting him above 1st Form F. Vegeta is not quite up to the level yet.

- Yakon loses.
Lord Beerus wrote:
In Brightest Day wrote: - Vegeta (vs. first form Freeza) vs. Sauza, Neizu & Dore.
- Vegeta slaughters all of them. Vegeta was able to hold his ground against some with a BP over 500,000. And none of Sauza, Neizu & Dore have a BP that reaches even half of that.
DanielSSJ wrote:
In Brightest Day wrote: - Vegeta (vs. first form Freeza) vs. Sauza, Neizu & Dore.
- Vegeta's 250k power level is officially larger than their 170~180k power levels. Three-on-one makes it harder for Vegeta, but his penchant for strategy and dirty tricks makes me think that he has a pretty good chance of coming out on top.

What about Salza giving nailccolo trouble and being a threat for base goku?

#18 could one-shot Trunks, who was unable to fight back against weaker future androids, let alone present ones.
Even if not, trunks and vegeta can't really bring her down with their attacks IMO, so #18 eventually.

Kamiccolo's light grenade vaporises #18 and poor cell is unable to perfect himself.

Freeza will be able to destroy Piccolo.

Krillin calling androids "even stronger than freeza" heavily suggests that F > Gero/ Kami's comment made it clear that freeza is still a force to be recognized (even the boy who could kill freeza) so, Freeza quite easily wins.
Krillin1994 wrote:Android saga Gohan fighting against Frieza's multiple forms. No rage boosts. what's the strongest form of Frieza he could take

Hits a brick wall here.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:33 am

apex_pretador wrote:
In Brightest Day wrote: - Ginyu takes this
- Yakon loses.
Why? I'm not disagreeing with you here, I'm just asking you to explain your reasoning here, since it gets a little boring to see two word responses that promote zero discussion.
Been a while since I saw the movie in full, but I remember Sauzer being on the defensive when he fought Piccolo, and regardless of the power gap, getting hit with that Ki blade is gonna hurt, which would make Piccolo fight more carefully that he would otherwise. Again, fuzzy memory here, but I don't remember Sauzer being a threat to Goku until after the fight with Coola when he had exhausted his strength. Goku one-shotted the space-Frenchman when he was at full strength.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:37 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
In Brightest Day wrote: - Ginyu takes this
- Yakon loses.
Why? I'm not disagreeing with you here, I'm just asking you to explain your reasoning here, since it gets a little boring to see two word responses that promote zero discussion.
Been a while since I saw the movie in full, but I remember Sauzer being on the defensive when he fought Piccolo, and regardless of the power gap, getting hit with that Ki blade is gonna hurt, which would make Piccolo fight more carefully that he would otherwise. Again, fuzzy memory here, but I don't remember Sauzer being a threat to Goku until after the fight with Coola when he had exhausted his strength.
The Armor Squadron was able to threaten Goku in their initial encounter. He struggled to push back one of Salza's blasts, they were able to deflect blasts from him (and shrug off hits), and Dore was able to get him in a bearhug for several seconds. As for Piccolo, defensive or not, Salza deflected several blasts from him and survived many hits, when both of his teammates were killed in seconds. Clearly Piccolo wasn't just letting him live, especially since he tells Gohan to rush off while he fights the goons rather than easily killing them all in in less than a second and rendering the whole thing a non-issue. It's because of his fight with Salza that Cooler is even able to find him and, eventually, Goku.
Goku one-shotted the space-Frenchman when he was at full strength.
The sounds imply that Goku's using the Kaio-Ken at that point. Which makes sense, since he proceeds to dominate Cooler, when previously Cooler contemptuously one-shotted base Goku with a small eye laser, like he was nothing. Plus Cooler also one-shotted Piccolo with the same ease, and given the timeframe of this movie (as well as their respective showings against the Armored Squadron earlier), Piccolo should be stronger than base Goku.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.