Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Sat May 28, 2016 12:32 pm

EDIT (2017/01/23)

STREAMING:
Two episodes of the Portuguese dub are available for international streaming at SIC's website per week, being replaced with the following episodes each Monday.

ORIGINAL POST:
Last edited by omegalucas on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat May 28, 2016 3:42 pm

This is great news for us, but I will only believe it when I see it.
There was another email sent one year ago that i posted here (this one sent to Panda Biggs), and they said we would have news by end of 2015 or 2016.

It's true that 2016 still isn't over, but I won't hold my breath.
I still have a hard time believing that Sailor Moon Crystal got dubbed and Kai didn't. Well, I will always have an issue with that one.

Anyway, France will get Super by the end of 2016. So if anything, we will probably get from them.

Hoping for the best. Tuga fans deserve something too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:04 am

I really hope this is true. I hope fans in Portugal will enjoy Dragon Ball Super!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon May 30, 2016 10:18 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:I still have a hard time believing that Sailor Moon Crystal got dubbed and Kai didn't.
Because SMC is a completely different story and Kai is just a recut of a series that's STILL airing on TV to this day...?
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon May 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Puto wrote: Because SMC is a completely different story and Kai is just a recut of a series that's STILL airing on TV to this day...?
Doesn't make sense anyway.
Dragon Ball is the most beloved here. One would think that any DB TV series would get dubbed as soon as possible. Use this chance to gives us a more accuracy script would be welcome too.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I really hope this is true. I hope fans in Portugal will enjoy Dragon Ball Super!
Thanks man!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon May 30, 2016 4:51 pm

I hope they don't go the Dragon Ball Z route, having a translation of a translation. The DBZ dub is very funny but bloody disgraceful. Misinformation is just wrong, either do it right or don't do it at all.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon May 30, 2016 5:01 pm

LightBing wrote:I hope they don't go the Dragon Ball Z route, having a translation of a translation. The DBZ dub is very funny but bloody disgraceful. Misinformation is just wrong, either do it right or don't do it at all.
I wouldn't worry too much about that, most Kai dubs as well as BoG and RoF dubs have been as accurate as they can be compared to their countries's 90s dub, so even if Portugal was to play telephone once again, it wouldn't be as bad as it used to. They may decide to have a competent script with the old terms ala GT, but part of me wants to believe Toei will be on the lookout like they were for SMC and not let them do that.

Now what I'm curious about is the new blood they'll bring in to the franchise, the only request I have is to get Rogério Jacques (Seiya from SS, Mamoru from Sailor Moon) as Yamcha and bring much of the old cast as possible (possibly including the ones from Movie 10+11, DB Movie 4 and GT special) with proper direction.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Mon May 30, 2016 7:26 pm

A Dragon Ball Super malaysian dub is at my finger tips butIpreferthe AB Groupe dub. :twisted:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:07 pm

OMG, it's really happening!! And it will on SIC like they promised. WTF?! :shock: :shock:

A small promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZynPV_ ... e=youtu.be

Goku's scream is still in japanese, but it will be dubbed.

Studio-In will handle the dub and they are trying to get the old cast together:
https://www.facebook.com/audioinproduca ... cation=ufi

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Yes. I made a document listing the old characters and the voice actors and names (both Portuguese and Japanese), as well as the new characters, based on the names and puns listed in the episode guides here on Kanzenshuu and sent it to them.
I did it mostly to try to prevent 'Bills' from ever happening :lol:
Let's hope they do a good job.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:00 pm

They have the chance to make good now and correct the errors of the past. Today Portugal has a lot more actors than it had in the 90's, with new studios and better production. It's still not the country with the best dub in the world, but it's really better than it was in the past. Probably they will not do an excellent work as the brazilian dub is used to do(comparing with another portuguese-language version), but I'm sure that this time they will do an improved job.

omegalucas wrote:Yes. I made a document listing the old characters and the voice actors and names (both Portuguese and Japanese), as well as the new characters, based on the names and puns listed in the episode guides here on Kanzenshuu and sent it to them.
I did it mostly to try to prevent 'Bills' from ever happening :lol:
Let's hope they do a good job.

Bills is not a wrong pronounciation. Just romanized. Most of international dubs used it instead of "Beerus". OK, it would be better if they had used the "Beerus" pronounciation, but is still not wrong.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:06 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Bills is not a wrong pronounciation. Just romanized. Most of international dubs used it instead of "Beerus". OK, it would be better if they had used the "Beerus" pronounciation, but is still not wrong.
I am aware. I mentioned it was the most used romanization, just not in-line with the puns of origin.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:29 pm

They will most likely go with whatever the French version goes.
Still can't believe this is happening though, but I just saw the promo on TV myself. :D

"The Hero is back home." So cool! xD

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:55 pm

How many episodes in until a Big Show Sic reference? :sick:

I'll take a look, the nostalgia will certainly quick in hearing the old voices. That immediately makes it worth it. I wonder how'they'll do the opening and closing themes. The DBGT Portuguese intro is a gem for the ages, something like that would be awesome.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:03 pm

LightBing wrote: The DBGT Portuguese intro is a gem for the ages, something like that would be awesome.
I doubt about that, because Super Opening song is far bellow GT Opening song.
They can still make Super PT Opening be much better than DB/DBZ PT Opening. It's not that hard.

I'm curious about the endings. I'm not seeing them dub it. Either they will get rid of them, or use the JPN version like they did with GT.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:17 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:They will most likely go with whatever the French version goes.
Still can't believe this is happening though, but I just saw the promo on TV myself. :D

"The Hero is back home." So cool! xD
Wait what?!!!!!, gagh!!!!! I'm so jealous :x :x :x !!!!
Anyways, that's cool, i'll practice my portuguese then, until we get the RoF arc version, which i'll probably skip.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:01 pm

João Loy (Vegeta's voice actor) received so much spam because of this promo he actually went ahead and shared his message to the fans with the dubbing studios too :lol:
And they answered back, saying they'll begin contacting the voice actors on Monday.
João Loy wrote:To all Dragon Ball fans, and they are hundreds right now asking me about the dub... All I can say is that I know nothing... I haven't been asked yet... Regards from Vegeta.
Audio In - Produção de áudio wrote:We will begin contacting people on Monday.

This studio dubbed Wakfu. I didn't really watch that show, but I have the faintest idea of it having a good dub. Well, that cartoon was gorgeous at least :lol:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
LightBing wrote: The DBGT Portuguese intro is a gem for the ages, something like that would be awesome.
I doubt about that, because Super Opening song is far bellow GT Opening song.
They can still make Super PT Opening be much better than DB/DBZ PT Opening. It's not that hard.

I'm curious about the endings. I'm not seeing them dub it. Either they will get rid of them, or use the JPN version like they did with GT.
I doubt they'd dub the opening. I haven't seen a dubbed opening for an anime since Digimon Data Squad. Not counting Pokémon, that is, but that one had an English opening and the song was the same from the first season. Then again this studio DID dub Wakfu's opening. It's true Wakfu is a French cartoon, but who knows?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't really care much about João Loy Vegeta if we can get Ricardo Spinola Vegeta. I love them both equally.

But nobody deserves to be our Son Goku more than Henrique Feist. Goku's voice in Broly Second Coming and Hero's Legcay Movie was so meh. :thumbdown:
I didn't have much problems with Goten, Trunks, Gohan and Videl new voices there though.

Just PM'ed Feist. He also still didn't know anyting:

It's good to know that João Loy post reached the Studio. Now let's wait.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:58 pm

I've been reading the comments and quite a few voice actors outside of Dragon Ball want a piece too. Like Michel Simeão (Natsu in Fairy Tail I think, and a lot of Digimon characters).
It just shows how big DB is here :D

Also, am I the only one who'd actually like Rómulo Fragoso as Whis?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Yeah! All ten of them. LOL. Sorry, I'm pretty sure they are talented and amazing.

Damn I want every Super dub to be the best they can!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: