The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:45 am

Krillin1994 wrote:Piccolo (Android saga pre Kami) vs Frieza
Chapter: 356 (DBZ 162), P3.1
God: “Things turned out this way against the androids…Even for that ‘Trunks’ boy who came from the future and instantly obliterated Freeza and his father..."

This implies to me that Piccolo couldn't deal with Freeza and Cold, or at the very least that he couldn't just one-shot them like Trunks could. As a result of this, on the subject of the Piccolo vs Namek 100% Freeza match-up, I have them as basically equal. Give or take 10 million battle power points. Piccolo would eke out a win due to his massive stamina advantage, but Freeza would make him work for it, and has a chance of winning if he lands a lucky Death Saucer- or if he lands a lucky Nova Strike and capitalizes on the opportunity.

7/10 for Piccolo.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:50 pm

Freeza gets his skull kicked in. I don't think that Freeza can really do anything at all to anyone past the Trunks arc (besides the weak humans and Gohan).

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:19 am

Piccolo for the win. He is more exp and frieza is cocky.

Now new fight

Ssj Gohunks (black saga, gohan and trunks) vs final form frieza (RoF)?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:25 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Piccolo for the win. He is more exp and frieza is cocky.

Now new fight

Ssj Gohunks (black saga, gohan and trunks) vs final form frieza (RoF)?
I think Gohan could take that Freeza by himself at this point. Since he was on par with Piccolo, who was implied to be on par with the base saiyans, and a weaker version of base Goku dominated Freeza.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:36 am

Krillin1994 wrote:Vegeta and Trunks (both pre ROSAT) vs Android 18

Piccolo (w Kami) vs Android 18
-18 stomps Vegeta and Trunks with ease

-Piccolo wins, seeing as he was already going to beat 17 who is marginally stronger than 18

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:47 am

Krillin1994 wrote:Vegeta and Trunks (both pre ROSAT) vs Android 18
#17's comment is a good implication that #18 probably would have trouble fighting both of them. But she will eventually win mainly due to her infinite stamina, but it won't be an easy work. Add Piccolo there, and the result will be the exact opposite.

Chapter: 353 (DBZ 159), P1.1-3
Context: after Trunks, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, and Kuririn arrive
No.17: “My my, some help has arrived. Even No.18 probably won’t be able to take them all on. No choice, shall I go? Or will you go, No.16?”

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:50 am

Super Saiyan God with Kaio-Ken Goku vs Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Grimlock wrote:Super Saiyan God with Kaio-Ken Goku vs Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta.
SSGSS Vegeta one shots.

CrimsonRex

Post by CrimsonRex » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Pikkon vs. Dabura

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:38 pm

CrimsonRex wrote:Pikkon vs. Dabura
Good match. I would say they'll fight looking for one's mistake to decide the battle, my bets on Pikkon.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Tien (buu saga) vs Goku (Super Saiyan on Namek)

I kind of feel at this stage Tien may actually be strong enough to fight a Super Saiyan without simply using Tri Beam.

We know he couldn't fight a substantially stronger Trunks in that form, but Tien spent the next 7 years training.

If Goku stomps, then how about the ROF saga Tien. I'm assuming that he keeps his training up still following the defeat of Majin Buu.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Goku stomps both times. I don't think any of the humans come close to taking on a Super Saiyan at any point of the series.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Super Saiyan 2 Future Trunks vs Super Saiyan Gohan (the one who fought against Dabra).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:02 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Tien (buu saga) vs Goku (Super Saiyan on Namek)

I kind of feel at this stage Tien may actually be strong enough to fight a Super Saiyan without simply using Tri Beam.

We know he couldn't fight a substantially stronger Trunks in that form, but Tien spent the next 7 years training.

If Goku stomps, then how about the ROF saga Tien. I'm assuming that he keeps his training up still following the defeat of Majin Buu.
Very simply:

Krillin > Tenshinhan

Base Vegeta [Android arc] > Krillin
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 am

Tenshinhan is nowhere near strong enough to even scratch Super Saiyan Goku, even with the Kikoho. The best he'd manage is to pin him down for a little while like he did with Cell, and even then, Goku's familiar enough with the Kikoho that he'd probably dodge it and knock out Ten in one blow. Same with RF Tenshinhan.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:05 am

Current SSj2 Future Trunks vs. (In no real order):

Tagoma (ROF Super version. Not the movie version)
Pikkon
Movie 10 Broli
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
Fat Buu
Ginyu Tagoma
Janemba
Super Buu
SSj3 Gotenks
Mystic Gohan
Buuhan

Who does he beat and who does he lose too?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:40 am

CrimsonRex wrote:Pikkon vs. Dabura
Stone spit

There is no reason to beileve tien trains at all. Base namek goku >>>> Tien (peakest) IMO.
Grimlock wrote:Super Saiyan 2 Future Trunks vs Super Saiyan Gohan (the one who fought against Dabra).
Super Saiyan 1 Trunks one-shots.
Hellspawn28 wrote:Current SSj2 Future Trunks vs. (In no real order):

Tagoma (ROF Super version. Not the movie version)
Pikkon
Movie 10 Broli
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
Fat Buu
Ginyu Tagoma
Janemba
Super Buu
SSj3 Gotenks
Mystic Gohan
Buuhan

Who does he beat and who does he lose too?
It was stated that he is really good by beerus, who called SS3 goku trash. He might just clear the list.

He definitely beats the underlined ones.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:37 am

apex_pretador wrote: It was stated that he is really good by beerus, who called SS3 goku trash. He might just clear the list.

He definitely beats the underlined ones.

Plus he's as strong as or possibly slightly stronger than current SSJ2 Goku, a guy whose /base/ is above SSJ3 Gotenks.

EDIT:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Super Saiyan God with Kaio-Ken Goku vs Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta.
SSGSS Vegeta one shots.
I don't know who I'd say wins; curious as to why you think there's such a large gap between SSG and SSB?
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:59 am

If this is based off of the super manga we know when Vegeta fought hit he was 1/10th the strength of full power and that SSG goku was stronger.

So we know Super Saiyan God is less than 10x weaker than Super Saiyan Blue.

Assuming you're talking about Goku using Kaioken x 10 he wins.

I'd say that since Vegeta got wrecked by hit and Goku SSG actually was destroying him that it is probably 3 times stronger than weakened Vegeta so 1 third of Super Saiyan Blue.

Weakened Vegeta = 1
Hit = 2
Goku SSG = 3
Vegeta SSB = 10
Goku SSG w KKx10 = 30

Though maybe Goku being 50% stronger than hit isn't enough to decimate him the way he did. So maybe him being twice as strong would be logical

Weakened Vegeta = 1
Hit = 2.5
Goku SSG = 5
Vegeta SSB = 10
Goku SSG w KKx10 = 50
Last edited by Krillin1994 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:11 am

Krillin1994 wrote:
If this is based off of the super manga we know when Vegeta fought hit he was 1/10th the strength of full power and that SSG goku was stronger.

So we know Super Saiyan God is less than 10x weaker than Super Saiyan Blue.
What caused Vegeta to be at 1/10th power? And Goku used SSG after the Battle of Gods arc? (Sorry, not familiar with the Super manga)
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama