"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by dblack » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:49 pm

With one Potara it would be cool if he was a de-fused purely evil Goku. That would be pretty much exactly like Buu when he spit out fat Buu though. I think it's a much higher chance he's waiting for a fusion. I don't think its Vegeta he's waiting on though, more likely another version of himself, a God, or someone yet to be introduced.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:52 pm

Well, it's not Zamasu, and I'm not sure Black really can be him at this point considering Zamasu has two earrings.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:09 pm

I would love it if he put the earring on Goku.

Rozay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rozay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:17 pm

I would love it if it was just a style choice. Black is good as is.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:26 pm

Well, I have seen the first episode of Super in Taiwanese and here are a few interesting facts about the Taiwanese version:
1. There are 4 eyecatches instead of 2
2. They show the NEP before the ending like the way it was when Dragon Ball was first airing
I'm not sure if I should post footage, but if I'm allowed, I may post a few clips, but not the full episode. Although the quality of the clips aren't that great, but they are screen captured

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Rozay wrote:I would love it if it was just a style choice. Black is good as is.
This is what I'm leaning towards. Black is most likely affiliated with/or is a Supreme Kaioshin; so the earring might be for decoration.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:46 pm

I found an okay-quality video of ED 5:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jhve ... er-ed5_fun

I like the backgrounds images a lot, but I kind of preferred the song in its entirety. :D

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z6iC8HyKOM Here's the Taiwanese version of the NEP for episode 2 of Super

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:41 pm

I really like the visuals for the new ending. They're a lot more dynamic than the last few (ED 4 especially). Even the song isn't as jarring as I thought it'd be. Plus, it's pretty catchy.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:34 am

The ending reminds me of the happy ones we get in Gintama. I'd like a more awesome sounding guitar one though; Megumi Ishitani's stuff on YouTube looks great, wish it could've been something like this instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Ncp0dD73A
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:05 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z6iC8HyKOM Here's the Taiwanese version of the NEP for episode 2 of Super
Oooh great!! Thanks man. :P I still wonder why FTV is airing their programs in 4/3 AR.
Oh and, here's the new rental DVDs ! (vol. 10 & 11):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmdHJxOXgAA3SdJ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmdHKZcXYAEP6c_.jpg

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:33 pm

I wish they were a bit more creative with the box art. I happen to enjoy when home release covers get specially drawn covers.

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:22 pm

Btw. I don't think Black knows who he is. I noticed that he seems surprised by the time ring. If he were the Kaioshin it seems like he would already know about it. I have a feeling the Kaioshin lost his body and somehow restored Goku's body from that timeline.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:05 pm

So it's finally July.
I hope we have some announcement about our third deserved Movie. :P

Other good things coming this month:
- DBS Blu-Ray 3.
- Toyotaro first chapter of Future Trunks arc.
- Freeza ac Volume 2 by VizMedia.
- More info about Xenoverse 2.

And of course, Future Trunks arc is heading in a interesting direction. More cool stuff will happen in the anime.
ShinGaijin wrote: Oh and, here's the new rental DVDs ! (vol. 10 & 11):
The best one by far even though it's not hard, considering how all of them seem to be done by a Photoshop amateur.
Is Yamamuro responsible for everytthing in the box art?! Or he just does the art and someone else does the editing?
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:11 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:So it's finally July.

- DBS Blu-Ray 3.

And of course, Future Trunks arc is heading in a interesting direction. More cool stuff will happen in the anime.
ShinGaijin wrote: Oh and, here's the new rental DVDs ! (vol. 10 & 11):
The best one by far even though it's not hard, considering how all of them seem to be done by a Photoshop amateur.
Is Yamamuro responsible for everytthing in the box art?! Or he just does the art and someone else does the editing?
There's a movie in the works? Why? What's the point of the show then?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: There's a movie in the works? Why? What's the point of the show then?
Nothing is confirmed. I'm just speculating, since BOG and ROF were announced in July.
The two last questions don't make sense. We can have movies without be a rettelling of another arc, like we always had.

Another canon Movie this time between Champa arc and Future Trunks arc would be great.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:18 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: There's a movie in the works? Why? What's the point of the show then?
Nothing is confirmed. I'm just speculating, since BOG and ROF were announced in July.
The two last questions don't make sense. We can have movies without be a rettelling of another arc, like we always had.
I just find it stupid to make more films when the show has been seemingly made to replace them. And the prospect of a film can especially go die in a ditch if it means a potential TV version retelling.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:21 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:So it's finally July.

- DBS Blu-Ray 3.

V-Jump announced F in July, so if we're getting another movie on the same schedule I guess we'll find out in about 2 weeks.

As for the DBS BluRay volume 3 have any pictures or videos come out from it yet? I really want to know if the month long delay was for corrections or not.
ekrolo2 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
I just find it stupid to make more films when the show has been seemingly made to replace them. And the prospect of a film can especially go die in a ditch if it means a potential TV version retelling.
Any future movies would likely either be "what if" side stories( like the Z movies) or take place between arcs. Dragon Ball is making bank right now and Movies make money, so doing Dragon Ball Super movies makes sense. One Piece gets movies and even Toriko had like 2 movies, Toei likes doing movies for their big properties. The existence of the show likely has no effect on if we get more Dragon Ball moives.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:24 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: I just find it stupid to make more films when the show has been seemingly made to replace them. And the prospect of a film can especially go die in a ditch if it means a potential TV version retelling.
It depends how they do it.

BOG and ROF retellings were cleary done with 3 things in mind:
- Have something to air after Kai ended and ride ROF Movie hype train, to keep money coming and don't lose the timeslot.
- Buy time until Toriyama came up with new stories and the staff prepared everything.
- Introduce the TV audience to the new stuff, since Champa arc happens right after BOG/ROF and some people/countries didn't saw/get the Movies.

If Super had started after EOZ, as it should have been, none of this would have happened because everyone already saw DBZ.
A quick recap about BOG/ROF Movie events would be enough, if necessary.

Have a Movie happening between Champa arc and Future Trunks arc like I said would be the best choice.
We could also get another Trunks Special this time about the Buu arc in this timeline, like they teased it in the anime.

There are some good options in the table, they just have to choose wisely.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:29 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I just find it stupid to make more films when the show has been seemingly made to replace them. And the prospect of a film can especially go die in a ditch if it means a potential TV version retelling.
It depends how they do it.

BOG and ROF rettelings were cleary done with 3 things in mind:
- Have something to air after Kai ended and ride ROF Movie hype train, to keep money coming and don't lose the timeslot.
- Buy time until Toriyama came up with new stories and the staff prepared everything.
- Introduce the TV audience to the new stuff, since Champa arc happens right after BOG/ROF and some people/countries didn't saw/get the Movies.

Have a Movie happening between Champa arc and Future Trunks arc like said would be the best choice.
We could also get another Trunks Special, this time about the Buu arc in this timeline, like they teased by the anime.

There are some good options in the table, they just have to choose wisely.
Well by the time the next movie would debut we'd likely already be a good ways into the next arc, so if it's a between arcs movie I'd like it to be between Future Trunks and the next arc.
A movie or special for Trunks's Buu arc would be awesome as well.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.