Super Saiyan Kid Goku

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Super Saiyan Kid Goku

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 am

What if Kid Goku could go SSJ? Goten did it at 7, so if Goku had been trained from a young age he could've achieved it. I'm sure he would've ripped through all the villains, but would the show really be much different?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Saiyan Kid Goku

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:34 pm

That would depend on when exactly he transformed. Doing so during the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai would be much different than doing so in, say, the fight against Piccolo.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:25 pm

He would've pulverized Tambourine, and subsequently Old Piccolo Daimao, which would've consequently killed Kami; turning the Dragon Balls to rocks, and Krillin would've remained dead... so it's a good thing he didn't!

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:35 pm

On the other hand, that situation could've led to a "dead Kami visits from beyond the grave (or maybe just Mr. Popo comes down in his place?) and tells Goku about the old Namekian ship and how Namek has its own set of Dragonballs," leading the story to go in a completely different direction with Goku making a trip to Namek as a kid before any Saiyan stuff ever went down. Heck, this could even lead to them bringing in Dende (we've already had a major departure from the usual series at this point, so having Dende already be around years before his actual date of birth wouldn't be too out there) as replacement-Kami long before that would've happened in the regular series.

Since it seems like Freeza's forces weren't really aware of the Namekian Dragonballs until Vegeta and Nappa found out, there wouldn't be those guys to deal with, so maybe Goku would have to fight some Namekian warriors to prove himself worthy of the Dragonballs or something (or maybe he just attacks the first one he sees on sight due to Piccolo resemblance and finds out they're not his enemies after getting pummeled -- Goku at this point's not going to handle somebody with a power level of 3000, after all... and even if he can manage to pull off a Super Saiyan transformation again so soon after the first time without the rage to trigger it, someone on Nail's level will still be way too much for him.) Maybe he'll train on Namek and learn better ki control and such there rather than doing that at Kami's place, maybe even let Krillin (...and Dende? possibly any other characters who tagged along for the trip, too) hang out with him there and have his power unlocked (at this point an unlocked Krillin might even be able to keep up with Goku somewhat well, considering that the Super Saiyan transformation happened so early and without so many huge near-death boosts building up his base form beforehand! That'd be an interesting change-up, Goku being far weaker than Krillin in his base form and only surpassing him in Super Saiyan. Maybe the Namekian elder doesn't want to unlock Goku's power because he's worried by the rage-based nature of his transformation and thinks that Krillin's monk upbringing makes him more suitable for that sort of thing, or something. Or he's just worried that Goku would have too much hidden potential and feels it would only be necessary to unlock it in a serious emergency. Like say, later on down the line when Freeza becomes involved and Goku and company have to make a return visit?)

And then when he returns from Namek back to Earth he finds either Piccolo Jr. causing trouble, or some other new enemy. Raditz showing up early? Some sort of early Android saga with Cyborg Tao showing up at the tournament and then some earlier-model Androids (10, 11, maybe even 12? we never saw or had any indication of how those ones turned out, after all, while 13 and up all made appearances and 9 was apparently a cyborg-ized Commander Red according to Dragonball Online and such... actually, #9 being Red makes him a good choice to show up in a "Red Ribbon army revenge, with robots!" plot now that I think about it) crashing the party after he loses? Maybe even a weaker Cell? Or maybe Cell can come around later on (after years pass, Gohan is born, and some Saiyan and/or Freeza stuff happens) and rather than absorbing the Androids whole, he has to track down their components (assuming they were destroyed when Goku and company encountered them) and absorb them Super #13 style.

Not sure how (if?) Buu would get involved. It'd be weird not having Piccolo in the whole Z-equivalent series, too... so I guess you'd have to have Jr. show up at some point, and Goku presumably sparing him because he knows he's got more in common with the Namekian warriors than with Daimao (so not only is he not pure evil like his dad, but he's got huge potential for improving his power and would make a good rival/sparring partner. Goku's still Goku after all.)

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:05 am

I don't have much to add, but I'd love for a young Goku to be trained by the Namekians. It's a weird Toriyama quirk to have our protagonist be taught further by a peaceful planet where one of the most evil guys just happened to be from.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:45 am

Gotten And trunks did it by genetics, it's extremely rare for sayiens to become ssj.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:44 am

Pantalones wrote: Goku at this point's not going to handle somebody with a power level of 3000, after all... and even if he can manage to pull off a Super Saiyan transformation again...
Well if Goku around the 22nd Budokai's BP is ~150 he could easily take out the Namekian warriors.(150 x 50 =7,500) And him transforming back into a Super Saiyan shouldn't be too hard when all he has to do is think about his best friend's death.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 am

nite_jay wrote:
Pantalones wrote: Goku at this point's not going to handle somebody with a power level of 3000, after all... and even if he can manage to pull off a Super Saiyan transformation again...
Well if Goku around the 22nd Budokai's BP is ~150 he could easily take out the Namekian warriors.(150 x 50 =7,500) And him transforming back into a Super Saiyan shouldn't be too hard when all he has to do is think about his best friend's death.
You cut that quote off before the part that's actually relevant to his Super Saiyan power.
even if he can manage to pull off a Super Saiyan transformation again so soon after the first time without the rage to trigger it, someone on Nail's level will still be way too much for him.
Regular Namekian warriors would be too much for him in base form, not so much Super Saiyan. But even in Super Saiyan, someone like Nail (42,000) would be way too much.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:08 pm

I think that the English dub put an interesting twist on Goku first becoming SSJ. Kame-sennin tells the others that he feels Goku has obtained something extraordinary and that right now, with this unprecedented power, he is struggling to hold on to who he is. It would be interesting if Goku went SSJ as a child and literally lost who he was. Effectively becoming a monster, kind of like Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul. Goku would then go on to slaughter the human race. :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:11 pm

Pantalones wrote:On the other hand, that situation could've led to a "dead Kami visits from beyond the grave (or maybe just Mr. Popo comes down in his place?) and tells Goku about the old Namekian ship and how Namek has its own set of Dragonballs," leading the story to go in a completely different direction with Goku making a trip to Namek as a kid before any Saiyan stuff ever went down. Heck, this could even lead to them bringing in Dende (we've already had a major departure from the usual series at this point, so having Dende already be around years before his actual date of birth wouldn't be too out there) as replacement-Kami long before that would've happened in the regular series.

Since it seems like Freeza's forces weren't really aware of the Namekian Dragonballs until Vegeta and Nappa found out, there wouldn't be those guys to deal with, so maybe Goku would have to fight some Namekian warriors to prove himself worthy of the Dragonballs or something (or maybe he just attacks the first one he sees on sight due to Piccolo resemblance and finds out they're not his enemies after getting pummeled -- Goku at this point's not going to handle somebody with a power level of 3000, after all... and even if he can manage to pull off a Super Saiyan transformation again so soon after the first time without the rage to trigger it, someone on Nail's level will still be way too much for him.) Maybe he'll train on Namek and learn better ki control and such there rather than doing that at Kami's place, maybe even let Krillin (...and Dende? possibly any other characters who tagged along for the trip, too) hang out with him there and have his power unlocked (at this point an unlocked Krillin might even be able to keep up with Goku somewhat well, considering that the Super Saiyan transformation happened so early and without so many huge near-death boosts building up his base form beforehand! That'd be an interesting change-up, Goku being far weaker than Krillin in his base form and only surpassing him in Super Saiyan. Maybe the Namekian elder doesn't want to unlock Goku's power because he's worried by the rage-based nature of his transformation and thinks that Krillin's monk upbringing makes him more suitable for that sort of thing, or something. Or he's just worried that Goku would have too much hidden potential and feels it would only be necessary to unlock it in a serious emergency. Like say, later on down the line when Freeza becomes involved and Goku and company have to make a return visit?)

And then when he returns from Namek back to Earth he finds either Piccolo Jr. causing trouble, or some other new enemy. Raditz showing up early? Some sort of early Android saga with Cyborg Tao showing up at the tournament and then some earlier-model Androids (10, 11, maybe even 12? we never saw or had any indication of how those ones turned out, after all, while 13 and up all made appearances and 9 was apparently a cyborg-ized Commander Red according to Dragonball Online and such... actually, #9 being Red makes him a good choice to show up in a "Red Ribbon army revenge, with robots!" plot now that I think about it) crashing the party after he loses? Maybe even a weaker Cell? Or maybe Cell can come around later on (after years pass, Gohan is born, and some Saiyan and/or Freeza stuff happens) and rather than absorbing the Androids whole, he has to track down their components (assuming they were destroyed when Goku and company encountered them) and absorb them Super #13 style.

Not sure how (if?) Buu would get involved. It'd be weird not having Piccolo in the whole Z-equivalent series, too... so I guess you'd have to have Jr. show up at some point, and Goku presumably sparing him because he knows he's got more in common with the Namekian warriors than with Daimao (so not only is he not pure evil like his dad, but he's got huge potential for improving his power and would make a good rival/sparring partner. Goku's still Goku after all.)
This has to get turned into a story, I don't care how.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Rumanid

Post by Rumanid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Pantalones wrote:On the other hand, that situation could've led to a "dead Kami visits from beyond the grave (or maybe just Mr. Popo comes down in his place?) and tells Goku about the old Namekian ship and how Namek has its own set of Dragonballs," leading the story to go in a completely different direction with Goku making a trip to Namek as a kid before any Saiyan stuff ever went down. Heck, this could even lead to them bringing in Dende (we've already had a major departure from the usual series at this point, so having Dende already be around years before his actual date of birth wouldn't be too out there) as replacement-Kami long before that would've happened in the regular series.

This has to get turned into a story, I don't care how.
Excuse me as I get a Google Doc ready for story adoption. (I'm kind of bad at writing stories, TBH. :P)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Rumanid wrote:Excuse me as I get a Google Doc ready for story adoption. (I'm kind of bad at writing stories, TBH. :P)
Hey man, I'd write it but I'm a lazy bastard :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Rumanid wrote:Excuse me as I get a Google Doc ready for story adoption. (I'm kind of bad at writing stories, TBH. :P)
Still waiting for the Beerus/YamchaY/Ox-King fan fic... sigh...

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

I'm trying man! Bit I just can't get into a writing mood!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

I'm trying man! Bit I just can't get into a writing mood!

I'm just playing. I can wait. I can wait...

Rumanid

Post by Rumanid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Alright, so I've got a general outline for up to the moment when Goku kills Piccolo:

[spoiler]NOTE: For the DB-era power levels, I'm going by Herms' (translated) list from Outer Z (and guiltily, the DB Wiki for some), as I can't find anything on Goku pre-SHW anywhere else). For the rest, I'm using Kaboom's list for DBZ. The power levels here are estimated, so take anything involving this with a grain of salt. I also apologize for the various notes in here. Anyways, let's get started!

- - - -

The POD (point of divergence) is that instead of Krillin going by himself to get the Four-Star Dragon Ball, Goku tags along with him in ATL (this story).

Once Goku and Krillin reach the pavilion, they walk in and greet the announcer, not noticing Tambourine in the shadows. All of a sudden, as Krillin picks up the Dragon Ball, Tambourine strikes his temple. Due to a less timed kick, Krillin doesn't die instantly, but is on the verge of death.

Goku sees all of this, and angry, tries to attack Tambourine. He fails, and is knocked down, Tambourine believing that Goku is dead. When he leaves with the Dragon Ball, Goku shakes, and tries to get Krillin to respond. Weakly, Krillin apologizes for failing to get the ball back, and dies in Goku's arms.

Shaking, with Krillin's dead body in his hands, Goku screams. In the restaurant, everyone can feel the tableware shaking, and everyone but Master Roshi thinks that there is an earthquake.

Master Roshi, with all his training, can tell that something has gone wrong. He rushes outside, and sees everything shaking.

Meanwhile, in between bouts of crying, screaming, and plain despair, Goku's hair stsrts turning blond. Unknowingly, he feels the Saiyan instinct to kill, and hos screams escalate further.

As Master Roshi comes into the pavilion, it is a crumbled mess of materials, with the luminous center causing the vibrations. Suddenly, a bright light (similar to a Solar Flare) fills the pavilion's former space, temporarily blinding him. The loudest scream that he has ever heard fills the space, sounding like Goku.

When the dust has cleared, and the flare has subsided, Master Roshi sees Goku, with blond hair, murder in his eyes, and a fierce determination. At this point, everyone else in the restaurant has come back to the pavilion, shocked at the sight of Goku.

As Master Roshi looks at the scene, with Krillin dead, and a pool of blood, he is horrified. He immediately questions Goku, to ask if he did this. Goku goes to Krillin, and closes his eyes (similar to OTL). He honors Krillin, by thanking him for trying, and leaves at a blinding speed out of the space. No one, not even Tenshinhan can follow Goku's movement.

Suddenly, Master Roshi sees the demon sign, and something similar to OTL happens, in which he tells the story of Piccolo Daimao.

Meanwhile, Goku has summoned Nimbus...and he can't ride it. Even more infuriated, Goku tries rudimentary ki-based flight, and after a few attempts, manages to get off the ground. He can't go super high, but it's enough to chase after Tambourine, who Goku can detect without the Dragon Radar. Easily outpacing him, SSJ Goku gets to Tambourine, and begins fighting him in midair.

Tambourine lands a regular punch...and it does absolutely nothing. Goku responds, by sending a Kamehameha towards Tambourine, killing him. (As a quick side note: hilariously enough, if we go by DB Wiki's power level for Kid Goku pre-SHW (180), the SSJ modifier gives us a power level of...9,000. XD)

Anyways, Goku manages to catch the Dragon Ball, and seeing Piccolo Daimao's ship in the distance, decides to board it. He overpowers everyone in his way, to confront Piccolo Daimao.

As Pilaf and co. are here, they mentally crap themselves, as they see Goku with muder in his eyes. Piccolo sighs, and declines to fight Goku.

He doesn't get a choice, as a mere flick of his finger sends Piccolo barreling through the ship, and out into the vast wastelands below. Goku jumps down, and the battle begins.

Piccolo is furious that a mere child, with a finger's flick, humiliated him. He sends a massive ki blast at Goku, seemingly engulfing him.

As he cackles, Piccolo notices that his ki blast is slowing down. He doesn't notice until it starts flying back at him. In utter terror, he sees an unscathed Goku with an uncharacteristic cold expression.

Piccolo Daimao, the scourge of humanity, only has silence. Gaping, he is only woken out of his stupor by Goku pummeling him effortlessly.

Now completely out of energy, Piccolo resorts to cowardice. He tries to beg, to plea with Goku to spare him, but all it lands him is a charred arm, which, while recoverable, is still incredibly painful. Next, he tries to run, but Goku cuts him off at every turn.

Finally, Piccolo has had enough. He launches the last of his life energy, converting all of it into a massive ki blast, aimed towards the tournament island. While Goku would be unscathed, the ki blast easily overpowers everyone there.

Goku tries to block and stop it, but his semi-flight time runs out, and he falls, without any support to fly once more. Enraged, he blasts an instant Kamehameha (not the one you're thinking of) though Piccolo's chest, killing him before nature could take its course.[/spoiler]

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:21 pm

With his power level, he might die from turning SSJ if it was possible for him to transform.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:With his power level, he might die from turning SSJ if it was possible for him to transform.
Hey, if Goku Jr can do it.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:23 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:With his power level, he might die from turning SSJ if it was possible for him to transform.
Goku Jr was trained by Pan.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Goku Jr was trained by Pan.
Still, I don't believe he was treated as anything super powerful before his transformation. I mean, we're already talking about a scenario that can't happen for Goku so I think the rules of how stuff works are bendable for the discussion at hand :P