Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by wjbraden » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 am

Dragon Ball Super has aired in the following international territories thus far: (UPDATED as of 12/18/2022)

-Taiwan: Formosa TV (From July 1, 2016), Cartoon Network Taiwan (Toonami block Eps. 1-52 only) ~ Eps. 1-131
-Israel: Nickelodeon Israel (From September 1, 2016) ~ Eps. 1-104
-South Korea: Champ, Anione, Anibox (From September 19, 2016) ~ Eps. 1-131
-Portugal: SIC (From September 24, 2016), SIC K, SIC Radical, Panda Biggs ~ Eps. 1~131
-South East Asia (Bang Zoom English dub): Toonami Asia (From December 17, 2016), Cartoon Network India (Toonami Block), Toonami India ~ Eps.1-27
-Italy: Italia 1 (From December 23, 2016), Boing Italy ~ Eps. 1-131
-United States: Cartoon Network (on Adult Swim/Toonami Block) (From January 7, 2017) ~ Eps. 1-131
-France: Toonami France (censored for daytime airings, uncensored for nightly airings) (From January 17, 2017), NT1 ~ Eps.1-131
-Spain: Boing Spain (Castilian dub) (From February 20, 2017) ~ Eps. 1-131 (Catalonian and Galecian dubs unconfirmed as of yet)
-Thailand: TNT Thailand (Toonami Block) (From May 7, 2017) ~ Eps.1-26
-Latin America: Cartoon Network LA (From August 5, 2017), Canal 5 Mexico ~ Eps. 1-131
-Brazil: Cartoon Network Brazil (From August 5, 2017) ~ Eps. 1-131
-Germany: Prosieban Maxx (September 4, 2017) ~ Eps. 1-131
-Toonami Africa (Edited Funimation dub) (From December 2017) : ~ Eps. 1-52?
-Hong Kong: ViuTV.Tv ~ (Subtitled from Japanese version, streaming online currently from January 12, 2018, Dub airing from May 28th, 2021)
-Romania, Moldova (Subtitled from Japanese): AXN (From March 2018) ~ Eps. 1-76?
-Hungary: Viasat6 (From March 28, 2018) ~ Eps. 1-131
-Lithuania (Lectored dub) : LNK (From March 31, 2018) ~ Eps. 1-76?
-Albania : Cufo (From July 2018) ~ Eps. 1-131
-Poland: Polsat Games (From October 15, 2018) ~ Eps. 1-131
-Greece/Cyprus: Nickelodeon (From December 26, 2018) ~ 1-27
-Russia: 2x2 (From 2019) ~ 1-46?
-Phillipines: GMA 7 (From January 6, 2020) ~ 1-67?
-South Africa (Funimation English Dub): Cartoon Network South Africa (From March 16, 2020) ~ 1-?, SABC 2 (from March 4, 2022) ~ 1-?
-Middle East: Spacetoon / Spacetoon Go (From March 2020) ~ 1-76+
-Indonesia: RCTI (From April 20, 2020) ~ 1-46?
-Vietnam: HTV3 (From July 2020) ~ 1-67
-Malaysia: TA-DAA! (Funimation English dub From 2021, new Malay dub from 2022)
-Pakistan: Pop TV Pakistan (From 2021 - Funimation English edited dub) ~ 1-? ; Cartoon Network Pakistan (From June 11th - Bang Zoom English dub for episodes 1-27, Funimation 28+??) ; Cartoon Network Pakistan (From December 31, 2022 - Urdu Dubbed)
-India: Cartoon Network India (dubbed in Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil - From May 22, 2022) ~ 1-?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to this article on Toonami news (http://toonamifaithful.com/news-dragon- ... -saturday/), Cartoon Network Taiwan is launching a brand new Toonami with a Taiwanese dub Dragon Ball Super included! It was recently reported that Formosa TV, a Taiwanese network, started their own Taiwanese dubbed version of Dragon Ball Super. It is unknown if Cartoon Network Taiwan will use the same dub as Formosa TV, or if it will be a brand new and separate dub.

Also, Toonami Asia is set to roll out Dragon Ball Super sometime this month, in both English and Hindi according to reports on their PR. [s]The article from Toonami news also says that a new Toonami block will becoming to Cartoon Network Australia in the near future (possibly with Dragon Ball Super?)[/s] (Edit 2017: The block itself came and went fairly quickly, Dragon Ball Super did not air on it).
Last edited by wjbraden on Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:36 am, edited 33 times in total.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Re: Drgon Ball Super Coming to Taiwan (again?) July 8th + More International News & Speculation

Post by ryou766 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:41 am

Aw, I first mistakenly read the title as "Dragon Ball Super Coming to Too" on the index page and got hyped. lol

But yeah, it's get to see DBS release internationally. Just waiting on that FUNi release.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super Coming to Taiwan (again?) July 9th + More International News & Speculation

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:31 am

Someone else reported on this dub... I think 4 or 5 episodes have aired of the Taiwanese dub.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super Coming to Taiwan (again?) July 9th + More International News & Speculation

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:27 am

Good thinking on Dragon Ball Super debuting in Taiwan aka the Republic of China*. Do they still have the franchise aired the Chinese dub on the mainland (People's Republic of China)?

* - Hate to nitpick in a political sense, but the official name of Taiwan is the ROC which has been existed since 1912. ROC lost the mainland to the Communist ruled China in 1949 as the PRC.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:08 am

sangofe wrote:Someone else reported on this dub... I think 4 or 5 episodes have aired of the Taiwanese dub.
Yeah. As of right now, 5 episodes have aired and (obviously) episode 5 uses the corrected animation. Although back on to Toonami, I don't know why they're airing it on 2 stations, since I don't think they did that for the Kai Buu saga. Anyways, here's a promo from Toonami (Taiwan) of Super: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nrtFmhH0go

Saiyan-Over

Post by Saiyan-Over » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:37 am

It also starts 2016 in germany, was gentle in 2015 known ^^. https://www.japaniac.de/dragonball-supe ... gs.ZQ8l7hI

"google Translation"
"Much earlier than expected , it creates the brand new TV series Dragon Ball Super in German television . The license mediator walz2consult , who then puts the secured licenses to various publishers and broadcasters , to the rights to the Dragon Ball series has secured . Whoever gets the contract for the television rights remains open . Viva , Animax , ProSieben MAXX ? We will know soon .

walz2consult announced indication that the series already in 2016 should come from German television . Thus , the contract seems to have been already taken. But the lucky sender has given nothing of itself . It 's been already 18 years , has experienced its first broadcast on German television since a new episode of the Dragon Ball franchise."

So hopefully they don't use the horrible voice actors of the german Kai dub.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation

Post by wjbraden » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:19 pm

I updated the thread to include Israel, Germany and Spain to the list of countries getting Dragon Ball Super in the near future.

I would imagine Catalonian, Galecian, and Basque dubs are on their way too, sooner or later.

Glad to see Toei striking the pan while it's hot with so many of these countries!

One extra thought, since DBS is going to be airing on Nick in Israel, I wonder if their is a slight chance of the show ending up on US Nicktoons. Perhaps the Final Chapters will air on Toonami and DBS on Nicktoons? Just a thought...
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:05 am

Sorry to double post, but DBS has been confirmed to air on Boing in Spain in the near future, according to mision Tokyo.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:31 am

Nickelodeon Israel will air their Super trailer tomorrow, with the Series due to start in January.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:13 am

wjbraden wrote:One extra thought, since DBS is going to be airing on Nick in Israel, I wonder if their is a slight chance of the show ending up on US Nicktoons. Perhaps the Final Chapters will air on Toonami and DBS on Nicktoons? Just a thought...
I really hope this happens, I'm as excited for the Final Chapters dub as the next person, but there's no reason that can't be airing concurrently with Super on another channel.

Funimation will make more money from Super (on both broadcast and home media) if its released while it's still fresh.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:56 am

In Portugal it will air on SIC (main channel), SIC Radical and SIC K.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Thanks to ScholarGohan, I have learned that Super will debut in South Korea 19th September. Great news, Toei are rolling it out fast.

To clarify, Nickelodeon Israel begin airing Super tomorrow with Episode 1 (not January, & not a trailer) at 16:30 local time.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:02 pm

Whoa that's pretty rad. Feel like we're getting close to that big announcement. (Well big for a majority of us I am sure these announcements are considered big for others.)

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:06 pm

Actually, there are a few promos out there, but they're hard to find. Here's one for example.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:00 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:Thanks to ScholarGohan, I have learned that Super will debut in South Korea 19th September. Great news, Toei are rolling it out fast.

To clarify, Nickelodeon Israel begin airing Super tomorrow with Episode 1 (not January, & not a trailer) at 16:30 local time.
Oh wow, awesome. The Israelian dub will be one of the first dubs of super to air, then! Where does it air?

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:05 am

sangofe wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Thanks to ScholarGohan, I have learned that Super will debut in South Korea 19th September. Great news, Toei are rolling it out fast.

Oh wow, awesome. The Israelian dub will be one of the first dubs of super to air, then! Where does it air?
It airs in Nickelodeon Israel.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:52 am

wjbraden wrote:
sangofe wrote:

It airs in Nickelodeon Israel.
Sorry, I should have seen that... It's in this thread :$

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Curious what time did Super air in Israel and is it gonna be weekly?

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Curious what time did Super air in Israel and is it gonna be weekly?
It aired at 16:30, with Episode 1, which repeats Friday & Saturday. Episode 2 airs this Sunday, then the Series airs daily moving forward with 3, 4 & 5 airing Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
That's as far as the Nick schedule takes me.

I noticed Toei let them dub the opening in Hebrew. I thought they stopped that?.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:19 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Curious what time did Super air in Israel and is it gonna be weekly?
It aired at 16:30, with Episode 1, which repeats Friday & Saturday. Episode 2 airs this Sunday, then the Series airs daily moving forward with 3, 4 & 5 airing Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
That's as far as the Nick schedule takes me.

I noticed Toei let them dub the opening in Hebrew. I thought they stopped that?.
You noticed?! Where did you watch it? Where can I watch it?