Do you think Beerus trains?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Do you think Beerus trains?

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:00 pm

i think this deserves this own thread. The way the story is written, Beerus will be a lot stronger than Goku and Vegeta. That's just how his character is written.

Super revealed there was this other dimension used to train, do you think it's possible Beerus spent some time their to get in proper shape. Whis even said himself in Super, all Beerys does is eat, sleep and watch anime.

Well what do you think? It would make sense why Beerus is still ahead of Goku.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Do you think Beerus trains?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Maybe. He also might be training to more easily beat Champa.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:18 pm

There's literally nothing that supports that he's training in any way, shape or form. So no, I don't think so.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Not lately, but Whis is his Martial Arts master, so he must have at least done some training.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Beerus probably trained at some point, but now that's he's a literal god, probably no point. I'd like to see how his training process was.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:46 pm

If nothing else, he'll probably be inspired to train further once it becomes apparent his rematch with Goku is nearing soon. He may even close off Whis from helping him as he perfects his technique, just to test if the full potential of a Super Saiyan God can satisfy him this time around.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:48 pm

I think Beerus is too busy considering what type of food he would want to eat, rather than to waste his time with training. I mean, he's already trained with Whis for what would be at least several millions of years considering how old he is.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:51 pm

If he did train, that begs the question on whether or not he did it for the position of Hakaishin, and it wasn't that he was born into it. Even Whis offers the role to Goku if Beerus were to ever kick the bucket.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:57 am

I'm sure they will off screen his training like they did with Master Roshi, Whis made a point of noting that Beerus hasn't mastered independent moving yet.

- either Beerus masters this by continuing his training

-or this independent moving of body parts is the key to surpassing Beerus

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:13 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:There's literally nothing that supports that he's training in any way, shape or form. So no, I don't think so.
That's why it's called secret training. It was probably after ROF after seeing Goku's SSJB that Beerus decided himself he would spend some time in the time dimension and probably a bit longer than how much Goku spent there.
Kuro Tenshi

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:There's literally nothing that supports that he's training in any way, shape or form. So no, I don't think so.
That's why it's called secret training. It was probably after ROF after seeing Goku's SSJB that Beerus decided himself he would spend some time in the time dimension and probably a bit longer than how much Goku spent there.
You mean Whis' ROSAT? I honestly don't think that was anything but a momentary story contrivance made to give Goku & Vegeta more training time to get the hang of Blue. As it has never been mentioned since and Goku & Vegeta don't bother using it to train for the U6 tournament, I really doubt that thing even "exists" anymore in-universe.

As I said before, there's nothing that even remotely hints at Beerus training whatsoever. All the theory seems to be is people trying to rationalize Super's broken power scalling by saying Beerus and Whis train in secret to stay ahead of Goku & Vegeta.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:25 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
You mean Whis' ROSAT? I honestly don't think that was anything but a momentary story contrivance made to give Goku & Vegeta more training time to get the hang of Blue. As it has never been mentioned since and Goku & Vegeta don't bother using it to train for the U6 tournament, I really doubt that thing even "exists" anymore in-universe.

As I said before, there's nothing that even remotely hints at Beerus training whatsoever. All the theory seems to be is people trying to rationalize Super's broken power scalling by saying Beerus and Whis train in secret to stay ahead of Goku & Vegeta.
Even if there's no hints or not, doesn't make it less possible, Beerus doesn't call Whis his teacher for no reason. The only evidence I can see is where Whis said that not even Beerus has fully mastered this technique so as Whis being Beerus's attendant, servant and trainer. It would be his responsibility to keep training Beerus until he has perfected or mastered said technique to some degree. It would also coincide how Toriyama how written Beerus that he has no foreseeable plans of Goku surpassing Beerus. Now Beerus finding some playmates, it's all the more reason for him to go or Whis to go to him, it's time go to training. Beerus probably at some point thought there was no point in Whis training anymore since there's no one stronger than him in U7.
Kuro Tenshi

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:33 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

Even if there's no hints or not, doesn't make it less possible, Beerus doesn't call Whis his teacher for no reason. The only evidence I can see is where Whis said that not even Beerus has fully mastered this technique so as Whis being Beerus's attendant, servant and trainer. It would be his responsibility to keep training Beerus until he has perfected or mastered said technique to some degree. It would also coincide how Toriyama how written Beerus that he has no foreseeable plans of Goku surpassing Beerus. Now Beerus finding some playmates, it's all the more reason for him to go or Whis to go to him, it's time go to training. Beerus probably at some point thought there was no point in Whis training anymore since there's no one stronger than him in U7.
Beerus training doesn't make sense for his character for a couple of reasons, firstly, Beerus has shown absolutely no inclination towards wanting to self-improving in any way shape or form: because he's a lazy prick. Beerus has lived for millions of years now, fully aware of his deficiency and hasn't cared enough to fix it nor has anything in dialogue or anything implied he wants that to change.

The second reason is this, Beerus wants Goku to become stronger so he can become a better plaything for him. Beerus making massive strength gains to stay leaps and bounds ahead of Goku actively goes against this very objective. By staying static, he's giving Goku & Vegeta a chance to catch up so they can make him go all out one day. Would Beerus start to train again if either of them beat him? Possibly, but right now? There's nothing supporting it and it would actively be detrimental to his very objective of making Goku & Vegeta strong enough to make him go all out.

The only way I can see this changing in a scenario where 100% Beerus hasn't been beaten already is if Goku and Vegeta are ever given a reason to kill Beerus and the cat man is aware of it and wants to avoid it. Like if Vegeta learned Beerus made Freeza blow up planet Vegeta, that would definitely make Beerus a LOT more nervous about fighting these guys as it wouldn't be just a whatever match in those circumstances.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:38 pm

Didn't Beerus tell Vegeta that he ordered Frieza in Super?

You make good points. I'm just saying more on the lines that Beerus is getting himself into shape. I've always thought if Beerus was serious and used 100% of his power seriously, he could beat Goku no sweat (imo).
Kuro Tenshi

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:Didn't Beerus tell Vegeta that he ordered Frieza in Super?

You make good points. I'm just saying more on the lines that Beerus is getting himself into shape. I've always thought if Beerus was serious and used 100% of his power seriously, he could beat Goku no sweat (imo).
I'm pretty sure he didn't, I haven't seen the F arc in a while (because I don't feel like torturing myself :P) but I think they repeat the gag from the movie where Whis starts talking about it and Beerus shuts him up.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:41 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:Didn't Beerus tell Vegeta that he ordered Frieza in Super?

I'm pretty sure he didn't, I haven't seen the F arc in a while (because I don't feel like torturing myself :P) but I think they repeat the gag from the movie where Whis starts talking about it and Beerus shuts him up.
Beerus tells Vegeta in the BOG arc.
Kuro Tenshi

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:42 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

Are you sure?! Because I don't remember that at all.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Yeah, Beerus tells him right up front in Super when he shows up.

If I'm wrong than I'm sorry because it was a while ago when I watched the arc.
Kuro Tenshi

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Beerus training doesn't make sense for his character for a couple of reasons, firstly, Beerus has shown absolutely no inclination towards wanting to self-improving in any way shape or form: because he's a lazy prick.
This could easily be explained with the assumption that Beerus DID train at some point with Whis, but now that he's become overwhelmingly strong with no rival (yet), he's eased down a bit. Hell, Beerus doesn't even take his role of the Hakaishin seriously as he prefers food and sleep, as Whis noted.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:57 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Yeah, Beerus tells him right up front in Super when he shows up.

If I'm wrong than I'm sorry because it was a while ago when I watched the arc.
It's episode 6.
After Vegeta recalled their meeting, when Vegeta was just a kid, Beerus remarked that he should've just destroyed their planet then.
Notably Beerus did not tell Vegeta, that he told Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta.