"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zero-ELEC

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zero-ELEC » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:30 pm

More info (Via Slaythe @ NeoGAF)
For those that care about XV 2 :

Nameks and Humans will get an "awaken" ability, that works like transformation, except it doesn't alter them physically, just changes aura and stats.

And they understand the issue of players outlevelling newcomers and making it impossible to have a steady/growing community without the lack of "middle ground" or any mode that allows players to play "on the same level". They don't have anything for that at the moment but they will be looking into it.

The game will receive a whole year worth of support through patches, dlcs, and free content.

As to why "characters" costumes from original characters can not be changed color wise, it's a licensing issue.

The DLC plan did not originally include Super content, they really wanted to get the current arc in the game in some shape( which will be pre order dlc), the tournament arc was not considered, but it might make an appearance as a final dlc, but currently unlikely.

They also said they tried their best to balance the original characters to make it fun despite playing "weaker" characters canon wise.

Sounds good.

edit :

There will be 3 times more costume parts, and they added more faces / hair / body types for creation.

You can important your costumes from XV 1.
If you were expecting specific transformations for Namekians and Earthlings, you're SOL.

EDIT: Additional stuff:
Any idea if we'll get a full local multiplayer mode this time around? Only being able to locally fight on the tournament stage was a real letdown in XV1.
Yes and no. It won't be a "proper" local multiplayer, but it's improved from XV1, it has several stages. It disables the camera effects still, and this induces some visual glitches with the effect, but what I played was a demo.

You won't be able to play on all the stages in local. Basically if it's too big / has lots of obstacles, it won't be playable. No split screen, so anything that hide a player from the single camera angle is out.
Last edited by Zero-ELEC on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Zenkashuu wrote:
  • Neither Namco nor Dimps has stated that character models need months.

I didn't know that there is a restriction on what you can call a sequel.

Putting extras likes behind the scenes in games has nothing to do with being lazy or not.

Your 5th paragraph is wrong in so many levels.

CDProject Red is bigger studio than DIMPS, moreover than the team who worked on Xenoverse. Had bigger budget and dev cycle too. What a wierd comparison.

Your infamous comment for Assassin's Creed IP would make me think twice for your awareness on game production.
  • Inferences have been made to that effect
    Never said Extras were a lazy thing, just that it was neat to have and were enjoyable.
    Undertale was made in 3yrs by one person using an existing game engine and was a huge commercial success. Even being minimalist in game design isn't harmful when you have a well thought out story that attracts people. XV2 doesn't have that.
    Your continued inflammatory comments still don't disprove anything and have done no more than to defend lazy business practices by game developers.
Here's a tip; Good graphics don't make a good game. Example: The Order 1886.

Here's another tip; A well written story can save a game with bad graphics and slow gameplay. Example: Most JRPG's.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:32 pm

New interview!

- After completing the game, there will be a special feature where you'll be able to alter Dragon Ball story.

- Giant characters won't be playable (so no Giant Namekuseijins, but it's always a possibility if fans ask for it).

- "Awaken Power" is what they are calling that every race will have and that will allow the custom character to transform (Saiyan = Super Saiyan 3; Freeza race = Golden form and etc. And if all races will have it, that kind of confirms Namkeuseijins will have something too...).

- No Super Saiyan God (or Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan) because that would make Saiyans race too strong compared to the others (but again, if there are fans' voices about it, there are always room for possibility, but they have to think about balance).

- A lot of characters are still being hidden (and the way it was said, purposely :lol:). But it seems there won't have much more stages than the first game.

- No Goku's childhood.

- Ki blasts can be altered.

- Once again, Akira Toriyama is back to supervise Xenoverse 2. And it seems Toriyama is the one who created Time Patrol symbol.

- Xenoverse 3 is not in the plans, as of now.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 pm

He gives some bits of interesting info like we will be able to choose different energy blasts.
I'm a bit worried about him saying that there won't be many new stages though.

I seriously hope Frieza and Cell and Cooler will be able to transform during battle, I hope we get some info on this soon.

Stage destruction also seems like it will be minimal again which kind of dissapoints me.

I hope he means what he says with 'we still have a lot of characters to reveal' and there are more than 10 new ones yet to be revealed.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:37 pm

Ki blasts, huh? Shame. I was hoping for aura change.

Zero-ELEC

Post by Zero-ELEC » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Grimlock wrote: - "Awaken Power" is what they are calling that every race will have and that will allow the custom character to transform (Saiyan = Super Saiyan 3; Freeza race = Golden form and etc. And if all races will have it, that kind of confirms Namkeuseijins will have something too...).
Namekians and Earthlings just get an Aura boost.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that we'll only get a few new stages, but oh well. I'm still hoping for an aura change but hey, at least ki blasts are something. And damn licensing, I would've loved to recolor Bojack F-Trunks jacket

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:51 pm

I'd like to know WHERE exactly we could post our feedback and requests.

Psycho50501
Beyond Newbie

Post by Psycho50501 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:07 pm

ryou766 wrote:I'd like to know WHERE exactly we could post our feedback and requests.
I'm guessing there will be some kind of official forums before launch or at launch for us to post what we want.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:08 pm

I WANT SUPER SAIYAN GOD, BLUE, AND 4! :shifty:

The major stages I want are the Universal Tournament ring and the Resurrection 'F' area. And it already seems we'll get the latter.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I WANT SUPER SAIYAN GOD, BLUE, AND 4! :shifty:

The major stages I want are the Universal Tournament ring and the Resurrection 'F' area. And it already seems we'll get the latter.
I don't know why, but I love this Archepelego stage...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:15 pm

I really want the cruise ship stage from Dragonball Super!
I think the Universal Tournament stage will be added via DLC.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Kanassa wrote:I don't know why, but I love this Archepelego stage...
What if... what if the music is a remix of the Budokai 3 track for that stage?!

No. Definitely not; probably plagiarized. Still, I hope the soundtrack is good.

And I, too, would like to see the cruise ship. Also Trunks' current time would be amazing.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Zelvin wrote:Inferences have been made to that effect
Never said Extras were a lazy thing, just that it was neat to have and were enjoyable.
Undertale was made in 3yrs by one person using an existing game engine and was a huge commercial success. Even being minimalist in game design isn't harmful when you have a well thought out story that attracts people. XV2 doesn't have that.
Your continued inflammatory comments still don't disprove anything and have done no more than to defend lazy business practices by game developers.

Here's a tip; Good graphics don't make a good game. Example: The Order 1886.

Here's another tip; A well written story can save a game with bad graphics and slow gameplay. Example: Most JRPG's.
Your tips have nothing to do with what I said in my previous post. Also, JRPG's and good story? Hmmm, most of them too huh? All these cliches and stereotypes must helped then.

I couldn't care less for stories in video games, I played them for their gameplay. But this conversation is offtopic, so I won't push it anymore.

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Why are they lying about changing colors of characters outfits? Licensing? So you mean Goku's outfit HAS TO BE orange? What about Battle of Z.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Yeah, about that... didn't we see a recolored Fasha outfit in the Anime Expo trailer?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:44 pm

So no pre-DBZ era for the story mode. I guess they could do Pilaf-23rd Tenkachi Budokai as DLC along with Super.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Grimlock wrote:No Super Saiyan God (or Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan) because that would make Saiyans race too strong compared to the others (but again, if there are fans' voices about it, there are always room for possibility, but they have to think about balance).
It's a video game, how would they be too strong? That's also kinda odd when instead of having some final form/Cooler esque form, Freeza race has the godly power of the golden form. I get why they do of course as that's way easier to model instead of the unique designs of the other race transformations, but still Golden trumps pretty much everything if you think from that perspective.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Grimlock wrote:- No Goku's childhood.
Dammit. I wasn't expecting any characters from the first half of Dragon Ball, but I was still hoping that DIMPS would throw a bone to the fans who appreciate the grounded awesomeness of the first half of Dragon Ball. Oh well. I guess dressing as Kid Goku will have to suffice for now.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Wait, so.. THe reward for beating the game... Is the ability to screw up the main story? Or is it saying we'll be able to go back to different events and change them? Either way, that's pretty cool.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017