Is Goku Your Best Friend?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Is Goku Your Best Friend?

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:55 am

Yes I actually made a topic. Hell *must* be frozen over now! :P

So a recent poll was done in Japan asking people which anime character they would want to be friends with if they could. Doraemon got first place which is no suprise, but Goku made fifth place. I think it's pretty cool that he's still so loved and appreciated after all this time.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... iends-with

So anyway, it got me thinking, if any of you could be friends with a character in DB/DBZ/DBGT, who would it be? For me, obviously Gohan. He's my all-time fav along with Piccolo and he's just such a sweet and cute little kid. Plus I'd get to also play with Haiya Dragon. ^^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:07 am

Realistically, as much as I would like to be friends with Son Goku, he's just too outgoing & battle hungry for me. It would have to be his son, Gohan. I can pretty much relate to him a lot. Low self-esteem, polite, hates to fight, the quiet/nerdy kid at high school. He's like the Peter Parker of the Dragon World while his father is the Superman. I'd be terrified of Piccolo & Vegeta.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:09 am

I'd want to be friends with Gokuh, Gohan, or Trunks. It's hard to choose, though. I'd want to be Bulma and Yamcha's friend, too. I'll just be friends with everyone. :lol:

Since I can't make up my mind, I'll just choose Conan.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:52 am

Well, I'm not exactly sure how much I could really relate to Goku... Although, I'd consider myself somewhat similar to Krillin, and if Krillin can be best friends with Goku, I don't see why I couldn't be.

Although, I can definately see myself hitting it off with Krillin and Kamesennin. XD

And Piccolo and Vegeta would probably scare me too. XD

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:38 am

Hmm hard choice, I say Kid Goku, he is so fun and igorant, I think if a bully picks on me, I would just say, "Goku, he is a bad guy, beat him up!" :lol:
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:40 am

I'd have to say Piccolo, we wouldn't talk much I imagien but I reckon we'd get along. :)
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:13 am

I'll be Erasa's "friend"...

...I'll agree with Sebastian about Gohan, though, too.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:41 am

I'd wanna be ChiChi's friend... <_< >_>

Honestly, I'd be nervous being pals with one of the Z Fighters when they could send you flying through a wall with a friendly pat on the back.

Black Mist
Beyond Newbie

Post by Black Mist » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:36 pm

Vegeta seems like a friend I'd have just to be around and annoy. Basicly force him to be my friend. It would be fun wacthing Vegeta cringing whenever he cacthes sight of me. Of course I may not live that long though.
Black Mist: B team
I am also a respected podcast audio emailer.Listen to my adventures with my sidekick B in nintedo.theretrocast.com.Or just random stuff at www.onholdpodcast.com

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:51 pm

I couldn't see being friends with Goku on a regular basis... Every time he'd come over, I'd have to be like 'Goku, seriously... can't we just sit and watch tv for once? I'm sick of jumping around when you turn the gravity up...' and he'd be like 'C'mon! Let's fight for a few minutes!' and I'd have to rebutle, 'Your power level's OVER 9000! I'm down there with Kame-sennins turtle...'

And of course he'd eat all your food... And there's always the risk that when Goku finally stops training, a new evil threat will appear with a giant explosion...
:?

No, I couldn't be friends with Goku. I wouldn't mind sailing with Luffy for a while and singing with Sogeking. Or Kakashi... we could chill and read Icha-icha tactics... :lol:

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Jerseymilk topic?! Let's see..I'd see Goku more as that goofy neighbor everyone has then a friend. :P But out of all of the characters in DragonBall, I think I’d be friends with the Briefs (and not because Bulma is an attractive cartoon character). I mean, who wouldn’t want to be friends with the richest family in the world? Come to think of it, Goku has friends in very high places (legendary fighters, talking cats, richest family in the world, gods..). By the way, problem being friends with Goku is that you'll probably end up dying one way or another.. :?
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:By the way, problem being friends with Goku is that you'll probably end up dying one way or another.. :? -Rick
You're right. Look what keeps happening to Goku's actual best friends, especially Kuririn...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:13 pm

I'm pretty much with Sebastian on Gohan. Krillin seems to be a fairly laid back guy to chill with too.

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Chibi Trunks. $_$ Yeah definitely, I love people who like to prank and joke as much as I do. *guffaww*

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:40 pm

I would want to be friends with buu saga vegeta. That way I could train with him and become the strongest human on earth.

but in all seriousness, I can see myself relating with Trunks and Vegeta. I would like to be friends with that family.

And maybe Kid Gohan. Adult Gohan is just bleh.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Hmm, a topic that Jers has started, count me in for this post! A DB/Z/GT character I'd choose as a best friend? Hmm, that'd have to be Piccolo. He'd never be too loud a guest to have over my place, he wouldn't need to stuff himself silly out of my fridge, and best of all; he'd save my life any chance he could get.
14 years later

shannarafan
Beyond Newbie

Post by shannarafan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:21 pm

I want to say Lunch because she's so likeable, but you never know when she's going to sneeze and hold you at gunpoint.

I'll go with Umigame. That turtle would be awesome to chill with... he's all laid back and smart and stuff. Animals make better friends anyway, IMO.

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:36 pm

Yes, Gokuh is my best friend. I mean, yeah I can think of how awful it would be for him to come over and eat everything in my fridge, but still...having Gokuh as a friend would be total coolness. You could travel the world collecting the dragonballs together and he would probably even let you have the wish to yourself. If you have Gokuh around, life is sure to be exciting at least, whether that goes horribly wrong and ends in death or not.
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:50 pm

This is a really fun topic. ^^

Hmmm.... I don't know if I could see myself being Goku's friend. (At some point in our DB fandom lives, haven't we all imagined being a part of the Dragon World?) I think I'd be friendly with all of the characters; Kuririn would be fun to pal around with.

But me? I'd definitely follow Tenshinhan around like a ... mad crazy stalker. XD Big surprise there, yes? Oh, certain rejection, of course; but I really don't care. Ah, devotion....
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:53 am

Mirai Trunks (movie 9 version), Bardock and his team, Teen Gohan, or kid Goten. That'd be my list of cute Saiyajin boys. X3

(Cool, Keroro Gunsou is on there, too! :D)