Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Post by Kishido » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:20 pm

I still think the perfect time after him being angry at Beerus have been missed but still do you think we might see him as SSJ3... If not will he ever mention it like saying to Trunks during training the form isn't worthy cuz it takes to much stamina?

Actually it isn't important with SSB but I think right now he should be actually be capable to do it. Further more what if SSB will go further... You know as SSB 2 or something.

Furher mroe let us forgot about the Heroes or DBO. There we have plenty of transformations. What bothers me is... In Dokkan Battle Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta has been introduced as he is a real being in the series... And him even way earlier as the likes as SSJ3 Gotenks. None other of the Heroes forms for example has been introduced so far.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 pm

SSJ3 isn't a form that can be achieved in a live body so no.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:30 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:SSJ3 isn't a form that can be achieved in a live body so no.
As long as this isn't stated somewhere I do not believe it with 2 kids (while fused) getting it with ease

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:39 pm

There's literally no point to see this NOW. If it happened before Vegeta got Super Saiyan Blue, maybe, but now?

No point. Just like we won't ever see red-haired Super Saiyan God Vegeta.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Kishido wrote:
As long as this isn't stated somewhere I do not believe it with 2 kids (while fused) getting it with ease
they were in a fusion body in a place where time flows differently from the real world.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Ah, the heady days of speculation going into overdrive based on the preview for episode 7 almost not showing us Vegeta's face on purpose, so we could speculate like wild, he was going to go SS3..
Good times :P

At this point it doesn't really matter for me. Giving him the form, when he got angry at Beerus would have been a nice touch, but only in that instance would I have accepted him using the form. Now with Super Saiyan Blue, he really doesn't need it at all.
....Though I wouldn't say no to a filler episode, where he and Goku try to out do each other with all their Super Saiyan forms and they both go SS3 at some point.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:52 pm

precita wrote:There's literally no point to see this NOW. If it happened before Vegeta got Super Saiyan Blue, maybe, but now?

No point. Just like we won't ever see red-haired Super Saiyan God Vegeta.
for the end of the series, i would like to see goku and vegeta fight from base all the way to ssj white

base
ssj
ssj2
ssj3
ssj red
ssj blue
ssj white

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:55 pm

I don't think it's likely, I do think we'll see a SSJ3 Trunks though. I'm guessing Trunks will fuse with someone, go SSJ3 and perhaps when he defuses he'll remember how to use it. We rarely see SSJ2 Vegeta let alone 3 to be honest.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Kishido wrote:
Well as a magical entity (fused body) it still does make sense or some sense.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Well as a magical entity (fused body) it still does make sense or some sense.
Never believed in this... It is just an excuse for people and never stated

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Kishido wrote: Never believed in this... It is just an excuse for people and never stated
It's just headcanon. It probably took Goku years to discover SSJ3 and to master it. A fused entity and you can there's magic since Gotenks uses gag related attack so maybe a fused entity is second best when being able to power to SSJ3 like a dead body.

Right now at this moment, there's no need for him to. I'm quite sure there's plenty of fan manga you could check with him going SSJ3.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Yeah, nobody ever said that Super Saiyan 3 can't be achieved by a non-magical living person.

Though Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta would be moot at this point. Why would he want to achieve it now that he has SSGSS? To see how pretty it makes him? He'd look like a short Super Saiyan Raditz with shaved eyebrows (the widow's peak lol)

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:10 am

Captain Strawberry wrote:
Kishido wrote: Never believed in this... It is just an excuse for people and never stated
It's just headcanon. It probably took Goku years to discover SSJ3 and to master it. A fused entity and you can there's magic since Gotenks uses gag related attack so maybe a fused entity is second best when being able to power to SSJ3 like a dead body.

Right now at this moment, there's no need for him to. I'm quite sure there's plenty of fan manga you could check with him going SSJ3.
I hate this headcanon stuff. For real it is the same as the two base modes for Goku and such... A pathetic excuse for bad story telling just at Super... Only for the sake of power level debates

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:07 pm

you can just say it requires training in a 10 times gravity location, just as it toke gotenks and Goku. eventhough such low gravity should not affect them at this point.I wonder what the gravity number is that they train in whis his staff.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Vegeta takes a piss on 10x gravity though lol

See, Gotenks merely adopted 10x Earth's gravity. Vegeta was born in it, molded by it. Why, he didn't feel Earth's puny gravity until he was already a man.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Vegeta was able to reach SsjG level of power and use SsjB without the ritual so he can use Ssj3 if he wants to.

I don't think we'll see him use it but I won't be surprised if he shows it to Trunks in order to help him reach it.
If Goku can use it while being alive than so can Vegeta and any other Saiyan if they're strong enough.
TheGreatness25 wrote:Why would he want to achieve it now that he has SSGSS? To see how pretty it makes him?
Achieve it ? he would've had to achieve it long before achieving SsjB.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:21 pm

Is that a fact? So you're saying that Vegeta couldn't get to where he is now if he didn't achieve SS3? So he achieved it offscreen and never showed it? He got it sometime after the Beerus thing? I'm not sure I agree with you.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:28 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Is that a fact? So you're saying that Vegeta couldn't get to where he is now if he didn't achieve SS3? So he achieved it offscreen and never showed it? He got it sometime after the Beerus thing? I'm not sure I agree with you.
Well Toriyama said SS2 and SS3 were just powered up versions of SS. One would imagine that would entail that having enough power would automatically transform you into those states, if you powered up with all your might.
Since Vegeta is far beyond that level, going SS3 should be a piece of cake.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:32 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Is that a fact ?

So you're saying that Vegeta couldn't get to where he is now if he didn't achieve SS3 ?

So he achieved it offscreen and never showed it ?

He got it sometime after the Beerus thing ?
No one has said anything about it so I can't say yes but it's pretty close.

He could if he used the ritual like Goku but he didn't so in order to get that strong on his own wouldn't he have had to reach the weaker form before moving onto the stronger one ? if Buu arc Goku could use it, can't current Vegeta who's at least 100× stronger use it as well ?

He didn't get a chance to yet.

More than likely.
dbgtFO wrote: Well Toriyama said SS2 and SS3 were just powered up versions of SS. One would imagine that would entail that having enough power would automatically transform you into those states, if you powered up with all your might.
Since Vegeta is far beyond that level, going SS3 should be a piece of cake.
I forgot about that.

I guess this pretty much confirms Vegeta is able to use it.
Xeztin wrote:We rarely see SSJ2 Vegeta let alone 3 to be honest.
He used it in all his fights during the Buu arc and against Beerus.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:01 pm

I don't know. If Super Saiyan 2 Goku and Super Saiyan 2 (Majin) Vegeta were on-par, how was Vegeta not able to obtain it? Then, with being killed and brought back and all, Vegeta should've been more powerful against Kid Boo than he was against Fat Boo and he didn't achieve it. So I'm gonna go with the classic "Didn't happen until I see it or it's stated." I think that what Toriyama said actually goes against the theory that he needed SS3 to reach SSGSS kind of in the same way that Gohan didn't need to get that bulky form that Vegeta and Trunks had in order to become SS2.

I think that had a whole new version of SS not come along, we'd get the big moment where Vegeta finally unlocks SS3. But since all of those forms are essentially irrelevant now, I think it was skipped entirely. Again, SSGSS isn't like Super Saiyan 4 or 5 or anything, it's a whole different form. Why would it matter if Vegeta went SS3 beforehand? And that's also to assume that there's no SS level higher than 3. There could be, just that nobody hit it yet.