Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:22 am

fexus wrote: I'm just giving a reason why those panels are necessary. Never said that Goku is stronger than Bra Vegetto. But doing those panels just show how DBM really like to wank their OC and make Goku less and less of a significant character.
They "wank" every character. You are seeing what you want to see.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:51 am

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote: I'm just giving a reason why those panels are necessary. Never said that Goku is stronger than Bra Vegetto. But doing those panels just show how DBM really like to wank their OC and make Goku less and less of a significant character.
They "wank" every character. You are seeing what you want to see.
They do but they made sure to wank their favourite more. It's pretty obvious for anyone reading this. If it wasn't, no one would even complain about how Bra and Vegetto is prominent in this.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:04 am

fexus wrote: They do but they made sure to wank their favourite more. It's pretty obvious for anyone reading this. If it wasn't, no one would even complain about how Bra and Vegetto is prominent in this.
What you call being "more wanked" than the others is them simply them being more powerful than the other (also "wanked") characters, as they logically should since it's Vegetto and his offspring. Their role in the story has been coherent with the fact that they are more powerful.

We can't really have it both ways... We can't be ok with them being more powerful and then, when they are "wanked", like every character has been, not be ok with the mentioning of the fact that they are more powerful than the others, nor with the natural role that their status of more powerful naturally creates in the story.

For example, when Buu went after Broly, would it make sense to have Goku go after them instead of Vegetto and Bra? No, it wouldn't. It's because they are "wanking" them more? No, it's because they are simply more powerful, as they should be.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:48 am

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote: They do but they made sure to wank their favourite more. It's pretty obvious for anyone reading this. If it wasn't, no one would even complain about how Bra and Vegetto is prominent in this.
What you call being "more wanked" than the others is them simply them being more powerful than the other (also "wanked") characters, as they logically should since it's Vegetto and his offspring. Their role in the story has been coherent with the fact that they are more powerful.

We can't really have it both ways... We can't be ok with them being more powerful and then, when they are "wanked", like every character has been, not be ok with the mentioning of the fact that they are more powerful than the others, nor with the natural role that their status of more powerful naturally creates in the story.

For example, when Buu went after Broly, would it make sense to have Goku go after them instead of Vegetto and Bra? No, it wouldn't. It's because they are "wanking" them more? No, it's because they are simply more powerful, as they should be.
You sure it's simply the fact that Vegetto was the only one paying attention to Buu at the time? Although given it's Goku...

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:10 pm

It's one thing for Vegetto and Bra to be more powerful than the others - that's fine - but we don't necessarily need to be constantly reminded of it, over and over again.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:25 pm

rereboy wrote:

That's not what I meant when I say being "more wanked". Wank in my context is that we are getting constantly reminded how powerful they are. For example, in this fight. Everytime Goku is on page, it will always be t show how strong Bra is. That's what I call wanking. Not showing but bragging how strong your super original character is.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Looks like Cold will win, darn it :(
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:40 pm

Vegetto doesn't look surprised. I'm just happy Bra will lose.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Technically, she can win this fight easily if she burns all her hair off before transforming. The terms of the deal were that she'd be disqualified if "her hair turns yellow."

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:22 pm

That would be ridiculous, and I can already see the hate from the comments.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Haha, I've never seen Freeza and Coola so happy :lol:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Good, Bra needed this to knock her down a few pegs. Hopefully some development for her comes from this.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:19 pm

YES! YES! YES! JUST PERISH BRA!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Haha, I've never seen Freeza and Coola so happy :lol:
Both of them represent the anti-Bra fans.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 pm

You had one job Bra. One job, and that was using Final Flash instead of letting Cold do a barrel roll. Tsk, tsk.
ryou766 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:Haha, I've never seen Freeza and Coola so happy :lol:
Both of them represent the anti-Bra fans.
Don't you mean anti-Saiyan fans? XD Considering Freeza has been beaten by Son Goku (again) and mocked by NAPPA of all people while Coola got insulted by Future Trunks by saying he "wasn't worth killing" I'd say they're enjoying daddy showing the Saiyans who's the top dog.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:06 pm

I want Bra to win so I can relish in the salt mines.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm damn sure going to be salty if she wins.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:36 pm

I still think she's going to Kaioken a victory. I'm just glad we're finally getting some action besides all those (ki) balls to the face.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:17 am

I hope this fight finshes soon, I just want to see what Raditz is going to do with his unlocked potential. The Kakarotto and Raditz storyline is my favorite

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:30 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Good, Bra needed this to knock her down a few pegs. Hopefully some development for her comes from this.
Personally, I'd prefer seeing her knocked down a few pegs facing an opponent who doesn't need an artificial constraint to win.

As cool as Cold's spinning aerial dodge is, it's a little hard to believe he can manipulate his body so gracefully in that form. It's hard to express speed in a drawing when a character is that bulky.
Last edited by ParkerAL on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.