Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Dragon Ball Super, the long-awaited sequel to Dragon Ball Z, will make its EMEA TV debut this Fall on the free and pay TV channels of SIC in Portugal (SIC, Sic K and SIC Radical), and Nickelodeon in Israel (cable and satellite).

Stay tuned as new announcements will soon follow for other European territories!
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1703
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:15 am

So, about the dinner with Loy last night. He did explain to us what's going on with the dub negotiations. All I can say however is that the voice actors are awaiting the answer for their demands from Audio In and SIC.

In other news, and despite the lack of any confirmation yet about their return, Spínola is already working on the Portuguese lyrics for Chouzetsu Dynamic, in case they return and are allowed to dub the opening. Surprisingly, it's a quite faithful translation of the Japanese song, unlike the previous openings.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Oh God, Spinola is working on the lyrics?! I expect something beautiful from it.
GT Portuguese Opening is still considered a hymn for a lot of us nowadays.

Unlike the DB and DBZ Portuguese which are embarassing compared to the original ones, our GT Opening can keep with with the original version.

I'm kinda worried the cast asked too much money from Audio-In/SIC, but I hope they realize what they have in hands.

Did anyone asked for Fernanda Figueiredo in that dinner? Loy once said she wasn't living in Portugal anymore, but I heard she came back for SM Crystal, so I'm curious about her situation.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:36 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Oh God, Spinola is working on the lyrics?! I expect something beautiful from it.
GT Portuguese Opening is still considered a hymn for a lot of us nowadays.

Unlike the DB and DBZ Portuguese which are embarassing compared to the original ones, our GT Opening can keep with with the original version.

I'm kinda worried the cast asked too much money from Audio-In/SIC, but I hope they realize what they have in hands.

Did anyone asked for Fernanda Figueiredo in that dinner? Loy once said she wasn't living in Portugal anymore, but I heard she came back for SM Crystal, so I'm curious about her situation.
The guy from the Facebook page remembered some of Spínola's lyrics and sang a bit of the opening – it sounds really good. The lyrics are quite similar to the fandubs out there like TheKiraJustice. It got chills down my spine.

As for Figueiredo, Loy said she's retired from acting because of health issues and isn't really interested in returning. However Loy didn't say she wouldn't return to the dub (they may be trying to convince her to return).
Ele disse "Por ela não faz." Eu interpretei isso como eles estarem a tentar convencê-la...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:28 pm

That's sad about Fernanda :( I wouldn't want her to return against her will but I'd like to hear her acting once more.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:18 am

Alee9977 wrote:Those are big news for Portuguese DB fans, you got DBS, and the original cast, so happy for you.
I don't know when we are getting DBS here because Kai dub didn't finish yet, there were problems with the cast but they are on their way, it seems it won't be like the first part of Kai where we didn't have the original cast but everything is solved now.
Happy to see that Super is already confirmed in a lot of places.
Huh? Kai was never dubbed in Portugal? What are you saying?

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:59 am

sangofe wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:Those are big news for Portuguese DB fans, you got DBS, and the original cast, so happy for you.
I don't know when we are getting DBS here because Kai dub didn't finish yet, there were problems with the cast but they are on their way, it seems it won't be like the first part of Kai where we didn't have the original cast but everything is solved now.
I was talking about Latam

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:18 pm

-Off-Topic but right now this the best thread to talk about this-

Can anybody clarify this for me?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... ld/.104632

How it's possible, One Piece Film Gold to screen only in 33 countries and even so one of them to be Portugal, while the last DB Movies didn't even saw the light of the day here in home release?

Even though it will probably been shown only in a few theaters, that doesn't make it less strange.

Both animes are from Toei and DB is still much popular around here.
It's weird when you know that ROF for example, was supposed to screen in 74 countries and Portugal turn out to be not one of them. Maybe something happened behind the scenes?

I'm even not sure if ROF ended up to be released on all these countries.
omegalucas wrote: As for Figueiredo, Loy said she's retired from acting because of health issues and isn't really interested in returning. However Loy didn't say she wouldn't return to the dub (they may be trying to convince her to return).
Ele disse "Por ela não faz." Eu interpretei isso como eles estarem a tentar convencê-la...
That's sad but understandable.
It's also sad we don't have António Semedo with us anymore. That Sir would have a lot of fun working on Super.

Well, let's hope for the best.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:16 am

Alee9977 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
I was talking about Latam
You might want to be a bit more clear next time then :-)

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:33 am

Big news!
There was a stream with Loy today and everything is set with him, Feist, Spinola and Cavalinhos. They'll start recording next week.
That's all he knew, really :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:16 pm

I dont know who they play but I assume that's most of the major players! BTW who do they play?-
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:35 pm

In no particular order, they play Goku, Gohan, Goten, Bulma, Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo, Shenron, Roshi, Oolong, Chaozu, Tenshinhan, Freeza, Pan, Pilaf, Shu (one of his voices, the original is deceased), Dr. Brief. Among others I don't remember just yet.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:44 pm

Gosh Dang! I knew only a few actors played lots of characters but almost the entire cast? This is INSANE! They are awesome. Kudos to the Portuguese crew!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:52 pm

And I forgot Krillin, #18 and Marron on that list xD

The other half of the characters was played by the late António Semedo, who also directed. Fernanda Figueiredo (and her GT replacement, Dora Cruz) played the rest of the female characters. There were still a few more actors but with less characters.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Kuririn was played by Fernanda Figueiredo.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:08 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Kuririn was played by Fernanda Figueiredo.
True. I meant GT Krillin which was Loy. My bad.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:45 pm

That's awesome! At least we got the main stars that are still alive. :D
Still hoping that Fernanda comes back, but this is still great news for portuguese fans.

I'm so anxious to hear Feist's version of SSBKaioken power up. Everything will go down right there!

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:15 am

omegalucas wrote:So, about the dinner with Loy last night. He did explain to us what's going on with the dub negotiations. All I can say however is that the voice actors are awaiting the answer for their demands from Audio In and SIC.

In other news, and despite the lack of any confirmation yet about their return, Spínola is already working on the Portuguese lyrics for Chouzetsu Dynamic, in case they return and are allowed to dub the opening. Surprisingly, it's a quite faithful translation of the Japanese song, unlike the previous openings.
Wait a minute, in that dinner...did João say anything about who will play? because the guy was both Vegeta and Piccolo in the original dub and if he is gonna play both, that would probably mean the use of a voice filter for Piccolo.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:42 am

He wants to play at least those two, yes, as they are his main roles (he doesn't mind being recast in any of the other roles... Not that he has many, I can only remember Shu in GT). But that doesn't mean a voice filter, he is able to do a nice Piccolo voice without effects (hell he thinks his old Piccolo voice never used effects, though sadly he is mistaken xD).

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:15 am

Who's playing Vegeta, Loy or Spínola? Truth be told, I always preferred Spínola's Veggie.