Which Trunks is perferable?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

johnnyboy

Which Trunks is perferable?

Post by johnnyboy » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:14 pm

ok............

which trunks do you all like better? the bratty chibi trunks, miari trunks, or the trunks with the long hair.... or the trunks in gt?? i like the long haired trunks cause he is layed back and.... cool.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Which Trunks is perferable?

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:21 pm

johnnyboy wrote:ok............

which trunks do you all like better? the bratty chibi trunks, miari trunks, or the trunks with the long hair.... or the trunks in gt?? i like the long haired trunks cause he is layed back and.... cool.
Heyas! Please be sure to read over the forum's rules, specifically rule # 1 (grammar).

That said, I like Future Trunks with long hair the best. I guess that makes me somewhat strange, since... uhh.. I'm a guy and I'm attracted to him. Whatever. He just gets (finally) bad-ass after he reaches USSJ :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Pirate Hunter

Post by Pirate Hunter » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:05 pm

I'm with you two I like the long haired Trunks most and I don't really know why I just do. He is definently cooler than the GT Trunks, thats my least favorite Trunks.

SDNess
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SDNess » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:28 pm

The first Marai Trunks - when he has his Capsule Corp. jacket and sword. Totally awesome.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:34 pm

I like long-haired Trunks, but because of how it looks in USSJ2 and because he's Future Trunks (hate hate HATE mainstream T!). I also like how he looked in movie 9.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:36 pm

Yeah... it's wierd. I'm drawn to long haired Trunks too.

SDNess
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SDNess » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:44 pm

Wow, everyone but me. :shock:

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:51 pm

johnnyboy wrote:ok............

Definitely Future Trunks (incidentally, "future" is "mirai" in Japanese, not "miari"). Despite having gone through hell in his own timeline, his experiences made him compassionate, sincere, and driven to his goals. An all-around good guy. His only real flaw is in trying to impress his father, who is stern, proud, and arrogant (not quite how he had idealized his long-dead paternal figure), although he does succeed somewhat in getting him to be less distant.

"Chibi" Trunks (or the Trunks of the normal timeline, which would include his GT incarnation), on the other hand, has been spoiled by living in wealth, with a family that gives him anything and everything he wants, and a father who more or less completely ignores him except for when they're sparring. This Trunks also tries to impress his father, but his attitude toward fighting is completely different. He actually enjoys it, and only really fights fun (even when the fate of the world is at stake). I don't think Goten's a very good influence either. :P

And as for how he turns out by GT... one can only imagine that a happy childhood followed by a bizarre (but traumatic) interlude, followed by the presidency of Capsule Corporation, all lead to a person becoming irretrievably out-of-character for the remainder of the series. :D
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:30 am

Adding GT Trunks to that list is almost offensive...he's an abomination, a deliberate character assasin on what was once one of the coolest character and Saiyan of all time.

I don't usually like going with the majority, but in this case Future Trunks (with long hair & saiyan combat suit) is my favourite. He's just totally bad-assed as USSJ2.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:38 am

I just like Mirai Trunks. Whether he is short-haired or long-haired. I don't mind GT Trunks too much and well, as for Chibi Trunks, I definitely think he could've a used a good spanking a few times, as well as learn to be more respectful and less sneaky as he could sometimes be. But then, his mother had a bit of a sneaky side to her too. Remember at first when she met Goku in DB, she decided to trick him into coming with her on her search so she could be protected and then get the dragonballs and wish for herself.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:49 am

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like Chibi Trunks best. Mirai Trunks was annoying and lacked the personality and quirkiness that made the others so fun to watch. He was just... bland.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:45 pm

Hmm, definately a tie between movie 9 Trunks and USSJ2 Trunks. Chibi Trunks didnt really have much depth to him. He was a bratty, spoiled 8 year old. Suddenly, in GT, he resembles his future self. Big shock there, huh.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:16 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:"Chibi" Trunks (or the Trunks of the normal timeline, which would include his GT incarnation), on the other hand, has been spoiled by living in wealth, with a family that gives him anything and everything he wants, and a father who more or less completely ignores him except for when they're sparring. This Trunks also tries to impress his father, but his attitude toward fighting is completely different. He actually enjoys it, and only really fights fun (even when the fate of the world is at stake). I don't think Goten's a very good influence either. :P
Grr... I smell someone bashing Goten... :x

That said, I'm just gonna jump on the wagon here and say I like Mirai Trunks the best. And I absolutely hate, hate, HATE Chibi Trunks.

Phew, I'm glad I said that. I can now proceed to more important things in life, like sitting in front of my computer staring blankly at the screen developing Carpel Tunnel Syndrom, while bidding on Samurai Pizza Cats Tapes on eBay.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:31 pm

At first I thought that Mirai Trunks was just the typical angsty bishounen, and Chibi Trunks was cute and funny.

Now, a few years later, I think that Mirai Trunks is a great character, and Chibi Trunks is bratty and spoiled, and he always gets poor Goten-chan into trouble. :(

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:34 pm

It would be the frist miari trunks like ness said. The rest are okay but the sword is the best feature. :lol:
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:38 pm

Ooohhh, that's a toughie. Short-haired Mirai Trunks is the "classic" version, IMHO. But, I gotta say I think I like long-haired Trunks more (even if he's not around as long as short-haired Trunks). He seems more badass, in a way.

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:02 pm

But the long hair trunks looks like a girl on setriods tough. Plus the long hair trunks didn't have the sword.(The sword owns) :wink:
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote:That said, I like Future Trunks with long hair the best. I guess that makes me somewhat strange, since... uhh.. I'm a guy and I'm attracted to him. Whatever. He just gets (finally) bad-ass after he reaches USSJ :P
Yeah that is the same for me Mike.
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:31 pm

I really like Mirai Trunks in both ways but especially with his sword - he was very kickass when he used that thing effectively in his introduction, but he got some neat stuff for USSJ look also - but its the personality that I like, hes kind, caring, prideful and down to earth.

Chibi trunks needs many many spankings though :/
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:38 pm

Piccolo should have hit he and Goten more than just that one instance. But I sure enjoyed that one instance! :wink: