Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:41 am

All you Bra (calling her that only here) haters may want to leave until the tournament continues. I don't want to read through 20+ pages filled with anti-Bra comments. :(
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:53 pm

Eh, it just looks like it'll be boring more than anything since we've already gotten all the background info we need about U16 such as Buu's defeat and Bra's birth. I don't see this chapter being relevant unless it somehow explains the origin of Bra's weird ice clone attack. Meanwhile we haven't seen squat from U9.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:18 pm

I've only read random multiverse chapter here and there. But multiverse characters VS super characters? Whos stronger?

And is it still going? I like the art and such. And some of the gag comics were really funny. It's just sad it ignores gt I hear ;/
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Beerus would destroy these looneys.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:08 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:And is it still going? I like the art and such. And some of the gag comics were really funny. It's just sad it ignores gt I hear ;/
You can read everything about it on the official website.
MyAnimeList | AniList

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:And is it still going? I like the art and such. And some of the gag comics were really funny. It's just sad it ignores gt I hear ;/
You can read everything about it on the official website.
Thanks but I'm just casually looking into it. I don't got the time to read it, but I might when I get the time. The drawings are enice. The only one I fully read was the one where cell fought hirudegarn, idk if I read the whole thing but what little I've read between random chapter have all been great. Seams like it'd be a better series then super, possibly even Z if it was animated. Looks creative.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:33 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Thanks but I'm just casually looking into it. I don't got the time to read it, but I might when I get the time. The drawings are enice. The only one I fully read was the one where cell fought hirudegarn, idk if I read the whole thing but what little I've read between random chapter have all been great. Seams like it'd be a better series then super, possibly even Z if it was animated. Looks creative.
I'm personally still on Page 885 (Chapter 40 cover), but I was following the thread before jumping in. If you read a chapter a day, you'd probably catch up pretty quick. I read several chapters a day, but I haven't for a few days.
MyAnimeList | AniList

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Thanks but I'm just casually looking into it. I don't got the time to read it, but I might when I get the time. The drawings are enice. The only one I fully read was the one where cell fought hirudegarn, idk if I read the whole thing but what little I've read between random chapter have all been great. Seams like it'd be a better series then super, possibly even Z if it was animated. Looks creative.
I'm personally still on Page 885 (Chapter 40 cover), but I was following the thread before jumping in. If you read a chapter a day, you'd probably catch up pretty quick. I read several chapters a day, but I haven't for a few days.

My problem is by the time I have to relax I don't wanna read, and if I'm not too tired to read, I just wanna read conversations I'm having in threads online. I'm backed up on fairy tail. I still haven't read draognball heroes manga either but IDK if I even want to anymore. But the art in this is beautiful, it's what I want for super. And it's creative. I only read one dragonball fan manga fully and that was the AF by the guy who's doing the super manga. At least that acknowledged GT. It also seams to not pretend it never happened, but also not give attention to the first DB series. At least from the skimming I've done. Is multiverse consistent in quality?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:26 pm

It heavily focuses on Dragon Ball Z, although King Piccolo is there at one point. The artist (Gogeta Jr.) apparently quits eventually, but the art is always great in the main story. Though admittedly many of the special chapters look awful.
MyAnimeList | AniList

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Are we ever going to get a comic about the powerful human universe? Do we really need to know more about Bra after we suffered through an entire fight with her?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:15 pm

HeroR wrote:Are we ever going to get a comic about the powerful human universe? Do we really need to know more about Bra after we suffered through an entire fight with her?
I'm pretty sure we have that with the Old Krillin universe where he, Yamcha, Tien and Videl all kicked the asses of every Z villain.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
coola wrote:Fact, that in novel Vegetto thereat to hurt Pan, if Gohan won't sparwe with him,
wat
The novel is utter shit.

It also has Vegetto needing to eat millions of senzus to live, so he has whole planets devoted to nothing but senzu farming.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:24 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
coola wrote:Fact, that in novel Vegetto thereat to hurt Pan, if Gohan won't sparwe with him,
wat
The novel is utter shit.

It also has Vegetto needing to eat millions of senzus to live, so he has whole planets devoted to nothing but senzu farming.
Is this canon to Multiverse?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:40 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:I've only read random multiverse chapter here and there. But multiverse characters VS super characters? Whos stronger?

And is it still going? I like the art and such. And some of the gag comics were really funny. It's just sad it ignores gt I hear ;/
Perfect Cell is still a challenge to Bra at base where SSJ3 Gotenks is fodder to base Goku in Super. You can scale off that.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:08 am

Noah wrote:Is this canon to Multiverse?
IT may not be. Me and LittleNeko asked what Salagir considered to be canon (for the purpose of making our Audio Drama). His answer was that the Manga always trumps the Novel. So, it remains to be seen.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:32 am

Man DBM has some amazing looking art work. It's a shame that it has a weak story.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Noah wrote:Is this canon to Multiverse?
IT may not be. Me and LittleNeko asked what Salagir considered to be canon (for the purpose of making our Audio Drama). His answer was that the Manga always trumps the Novel. So, it remains to be seen.
So it's basically filler...

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Marco Polo wrote: So it's basically filler...
Yep!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:46 am

Wait, hold on; let me clarify that. The novelization is canon, but ONLY if what's written in it does not directly contradict what happened in the comic. So for example, the novel had this whole stupid subplot of Bulma and Chi-Chi trying to play tug-of-war with Vegetto, who himself was trying to decide which one he wanted to go with. Said subplot included...
1) Bulma trying to seduce Vegetto while he was visiting Capsule Corp., but then blowing it when she accidentally said Vegeta's name instead of Vegetto's.

2) There's a scene where Vegetto tries to weigh his choice of the two brides: he's leaning toward choosing Bulma, because she was one of Goku's best friends, while Vegeta couldn't stand Chi-Chi...."BUT WAIT!", the novelization said! "Goku would NEVER want to cheat on Chi-Chi, so what is Vegetto to do?!?" (so it basically just threw Vegeta under the bus :problem: ...)

3) Android #18 accidentally sees Vegetto naked. Why? Because for some reason, him working through his issues involved him taking off his clothes and playing Tarzan in the jungle...
But thankfully, the U16 special just cut out ALL this nonsense! In the Manga, Chi-Chi just says "ok, you can have him; I only had Goku back for one day anyway, so this isn't much of an adjustment for me". All that pointless drama was retconned.

So anything novel material that isn't explicitly contradicted by the manga is canon. But if it IS contradicted, then the manga always wins.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Wait, hold on; let me clarify that. The novelization is canon, but ONLY if what's written in it does not directly contradict what happened in the comic. So for example, the novel had this whole stupid subplot of Bulma and Chi-Chi trying to play tug-of-war with Vegetto, who himself was trying to decide which one he wanted to go with. Said subplot included...
1) Bulma trying to seduce Vegetto while he was visiting Capsule Corp., but then blowing it when she accidentally said Vegeta's name instead of Vegetto's.

2) There's a scene where Vegetto tries to weigh his choice of the two brides: he's leaning toward choosing Bulma, because she was one of Goku's best friends, while Vegeta couldn't stand Chi-Chi...."BUT WAIT!", the novelization said! "Goku would NEVER want to cheat on Chi-Chi, so what is Vegetto to do?!?" (so it basically just threw Vegeta under the bus :problem: ...)

3) Android #18 accidentally sees Vegetto naked. Why? Because for some reason, him working through his issues involved him taking off his clothes and playing Tarzan in the jungle...
But thankfully, the U16 special just cut out ALL this nonsense! In the Manga, Chi-Chi just says "ok, you can have him; I only had Goku back for one day anyway, so this isn't much of an adjustment for me". All that pointless drama was retconned.

So anything novel material that isn't explicitly contradicted by the manga is canon. But if it IS contradicted, then the manga always wins.
Wow, Chi-Chi gave up fast. I don't know how I feel about that. Not saying that drama is necessary, but I just can't see Chi-Chi saying whatever. I also can't see how Vegeta hates Chi-Chi since they never interacted in the original manga. I can't remember if they even talked in the anime.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.