Zeno Sama

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Zeno Sama

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:15 pm

I used to hate him. But the recent episode made me like him. I think he likes Goku because Goku doesn't kiss his ass and he can have a real conversation with him. It's kind of sad :( He just wants a friend and nobody can be genuine with him. I hope Vegeta will meet him and be the friend Goku brings.

Let's talk about the strongest person in dragonball (excluding GT and end of Z).
Do you all like him? Hate him? Want something from him? I'm liking the whole accidently call him when he's backed into a corner idea. It's in goku pocket, bumps into a wall and zeno appears XD.

Something I'm curious about, why do some subs I see have him talk like some ganster wannabe? Does he have bad grammar? Theres some people that sub him speaking properly. What's right? And I'm curous what people THINK wil happen with him and what people WANT fro mthis character in the future sicne, like him or not, he's a big ass part of the universe....well multiverse. (A word they should use instead of world I think but that's besides the point.)
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Kishido
Banned

Re: Zeno Sama

Post by Kishido » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:22 pm

He is awesome.

Alone the fact how he tells everyone to shut up with his awesome nice face is funny as hell

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:57 pm

I dislike him less now. I'm not sure what I want from him but I think it would be cool if he explained he loves martial arts and that is why he created a multi-verse like the one he has. Then tells Goku they are friends but he won't help him in fights for whatever reason.

I actually like Zeno but dislike how his presence destroys tension.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Pan's gonna be his friend

Or buu
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:37 pm

He's currently my favorite character and the one i'm definitely most interested in. My top focus now. While i do enjoy Black and Zamasu's part.. They absolutely pale in comparison to my excitement for the Mighty Zeno-sama! I mean, he's the freaking King of the Multiverse!
Oh and btw i agree with all of your points^
I have a feeling Black is going to be/grow far too strong for Goku and Vegeta to handle creating a sense of despair because Whis and Beerus are absent. But then while fighting Goku's button accidently gets pressed, summoning Omni-King into the future! And thus.. Omni-King will destroy Black perhaps.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:07 pm

I get the feeling he's actually a child for some reason. He has an infant-like personality, but I can't tell if that's the case.

Maybe him throwing a temper tantrum is why the other universes were destroyed. Could he be a kid/child that never grew up over millenia? Or maybe he had parents who died and he's the last one left?

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:22 pm

I'm extremely conflicted. On the one hand, I kind of feel bad for the guy. On the other hand, I hate it when brats are super OP, and Zeno is ridiculously OP. The fact that he wiped out a bunch of universes in an instance bugs me. I doubt it was for a good reason either. They could really go either way with this guy. If they continue to make him sympathetic and not too bratty, I'll warm up to him, but if he turns out to be a petulant brat, he'll easily be top 3 worst characters.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:41 pm

I can't help thinking of TFS' Dumplin every time he pops up. In all likelihood it's a coincidence, but he makes me think of "What would Dumplin's kid brother be like if he had one?"

Also, Togepi voice is cute, "ne".
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:43 pm

Beyond wrote:I'm extremely conflicted. On the one hand, I kind of feel bad for the guy. On the other hand, I hate it when brats are super OP, and Zeno is ridiculously OP. The fact that he wiped out a bunch of universes in an instance bugs me. I doubt it was for a good reason either. They could really go either way with this guy. If they continue to make him sympathetic and not too bratty, I'll warm up to him, but if he turns out to be a petulant brat, he'll easily be top 3 worst characters.
I'm hoping doing some good for the once petulant and destructive Zenou is actually the narrative significance of this era of the series. It'd be kind of the ultimate payoff for the ever-expanding scope of Goku's accidental spread of tolerance and good will.

In typical Toriyama/Goku fashion, of course, the route toward influencing the ultimate cosmic good is being singularly focused to the point of obliviousness.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:37 am

It'll be great if Goku has to convince him not to destroy a Universe at some point.

404FILENOTFOUND
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 404FILENOTFOUND » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:18 pm

I'm actually hoping that in some weird twist of events that Zeno turns out to be the main villain and everyone teams up to try to stop him from blowing up universes even having Beerus and Champa teaming up. Stupid idea but the way I imagine it in my head looks cool :P

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Fighting Zeno is too much. I kind of prefer the idea of them begging him not to do it, and then Goku turns out to be the only one who can persuade him to stop, because he actually treats him as an equal, and not as this weird monster everyone acts weird and fearful around. Would be a heartwarming end to the show, and kind of unique for Dragonball.

Goku promised to show him Earth, so maybe the whole show could end with Goku taking Zeno for a ride with him on his back, like Uub.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 pm

precita wrote:I get the feeling he's actually a child for some reason. He has an infant-like personality, but I can't tell if that's the case.

Maybe him throwing a temper tantrum is why the other universes were destroyed. Could he be a kid/child that never grew up over millenia? Or maybe he had parents who died and he's the last one left?
Zeno has to be older then a kid. I mean old kai visited him 3 times, and beerus knows ofh I'm ,and beerus slept for 39 years. So unless those 3 trips were I nthe last..hwoever long its been since he woke up and beerus just recently learned of him, I doubt he's a kid. I think he's probably acient. I want him to meet chiatzu.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:29 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
precita wrote:I get the feeling he's actually a child for some reason. He has an infant-like personality, but I can't tell if that's the case.

Zeno has to be older then a kid. I mean old kai visited him 3 times, and beerus knows ofh I'm ,and beerus slept for 39 years. So unless those 3 trips were I nthe last..hwoever long its been since he woke up and beerus just recently learned of him, I doubt he's a kid. I think he's probably acient. I want him to meet chiatzu.
He said that never grew up...not that he is the age of a child.

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:31 pm

404FILENOTFOUND wrote:I'm actually hoping that in some weird twist of events that Zeno turns out to be the main villain and everyone teams up to try to stop him from blowing up universes even having Beerus and Champa teaming up. Stupid idea but the way I imagine it in my head looks cool :P
I love that idea. I can almost imagine it playing out like the ending of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:59 pm

I'm sure that Zeno is the type of guy that when he gets angry, his entire personality changes and he is not childish at all. If something upsets Zeno, then it's all over. If the friend that Goku for example picks is Buu or Pan and Pan/Buu do something to Zeno that upsets him, then we're all finished. This is much worse than trying to please Beerus. Beerus is satisfied as long as you have good food. For Zeno, you would need to hang out with him and play, probably something really boring too.

Also did anyone notice that Grand Priest was the only person that was laughing when Goku said Zen-chan?

I'm not sure what lesson Akira Toriyama is trying to convey - don't kiss ass? There's a difference between kissing ass and respecting authority. If Zeno-sama wanted others to treat him more like a friend, then he shouldn't be threatening or bossy.

Also, Zeno-sama is not invincible. He may be omnipotent but he's not omniscient or omnipresent which makes him inferior to other Gods from comics like One-Above-All or The Presence. I mean Ginyu could technically switch bodies with Zeno-sama and then what?
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Hmm...Zen'O/Zen-chan seems like a character I'd like, but I REALLY hope he's not as bad as Beerus (As much as I've been warming up to the guy lately)

Also, I really hope Goku will let (Baby) Pan be friends with him rather than Buu. It'd be so adorable! Also, Buu already put the Earth in danger, why take the risk of wiping out all 12 universes?

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:43 pm

Hoping for Boo or Satan to be the other friend.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:52 pm

I think that if/when Goku and Vegeta need desprate help against Black, Goku calls for Zeno and Zeno gets pissed at Goku for breaking time laws.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:I'm sure that Zeno is the type of guy that when he gets angry, his entire personality changes and he is not childish at all. If something upsets Zeno, then it's all over. If the friend that Goku for example picks is Buu or Pan and Pan/Buu do something to Zeno that upsets him, then we're all finished. This is much worse than trying to please Beerus. Beerus is satisfied as long as you have good food. For Zeno, you would need to hang out with him and play, probably something really boring too.

Also did anyone notice that Grand Priest was the only person that was laughing when Goku said Zen-chan?

I'm not sure what lesson Akira Toriyama is trying to convey - don't kiss ass? There's a difference between kissing ass and respecting authority. If Zeno-sama wanted others to treat him more like a friend, then he shouldn't be threatening or bossy.

Also, Zeno-sama is not invincible. He may be omnipotent but he's not omniscient or omnipresent which makes him inferior to other Gods from comics like One-Above-All or The Presence. I mean Ginyu could technically switch bodies with Zeno-sama and then what?

What makes you think Ginyu could? If he could swap with someone incredibly more powerful I've always assumed he would have done it to Frieza.