The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: General What-If thread

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Alruneia wrote:What if Resurrection F happened in the other time-skip?
I'll explain: Instead of Frieza returning as a pseudo-god and stuff, he actually returns between the Cell and Buu arcs, where the strongest character is SSJ2 Teen Gohan, followed by Vegeta. He trains for four months, then attacks Earth. Drop the extreme super-prodigy thing, just have him become something like ten times stronger and then add the Golden form, that'd be enough.
I think this would've been a much better place to put the story, and it could give us some nice character moments. For example, Vegeta kinda gave up fighting after the Cell arc. In the Funi dub of Z he says "I am no warrior, and I will never fight again." However, this battle gives him his fighting spirit back. Bulma and Kid Trunks could arrive to watch the battle between Gohan and Frieza, and after Golden Frieza defeats SSJ2 Teen Gohan (who's become significantly weaker by now), he spots Trunks, getting a sort of PTSD because "small version of the guy who killed me" and attacking him and Bulma. This would kick Vegeta into SSJ2 and give an explanation for why he transforms so easily in the Buu arc. And, since Goku is dead and we don't know Beerus and Whis yet... The writing would almost have to give Vegeta the win.
What do you think?
Wow! That would be interesting, actually would be a decent time-skip to take RoF storyline, I mean those 7 years after the Cell Games have a lot of blank space that could be build up good stories.
Cipher wrote:Chaozu's failure saved the universe from Majin Boo.
Wait, what?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:49 pm

Noah wrote:Wait, what?
If Chaozu successfully kills Nappa, Vegeta likely wastes no time killing the remaining Earthlings before Goku arrives. Without Gohan and Kuririn's help, Goku is killed by Vegeta.

Goku and Vegeta save the universe from Majin Boo down the line.

(That's a little reductive, as they're also responsible for ruining the Kaioshin's plan and contributing to his resurrection in the first place, but still.)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Cipher wrote:Goku and Vegeta save the universe from Majin Boo down the line.
But Majin Boo would never be revived without energy enough.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:02 am

1. What if Cell spat out #17 instead of #18?
2. What if Kuririn and Gohan hid close by with Yajirobe at the start of Vegeta's fight with Goku?
3. What if Nappa's tail weakness was actually exploitable?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:46 am

I doubt Goku would lose to Vegeta if Chaozu killed Nappa. Goku would be in rage and would kill Vegeta without mercy.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:36 am

Noah wrote:
Alruneia wrote:What if Resurrection F happened in the other time-skip?
I'll explain: Instead of Frieza returning as a pseudo-god and stuff, he actually returns between the Cell and Buu arcs, where the strongest character is SSJ2 Teen Gohan, followed by Vegeta. He trains for four months, then attacks Earth. Drop the extreme super-prodigy thing, just have him become something like ten times stronger and then add the Golden form, that'd be enough.
I think this would've been a much better place to put the story, and it could give us some nice character moments. For example, Vegeta kinda gave up fighting after the Cell arc. In the Funi dub of Z he says "I am no warrior, and I will never fight again." However, this battle gives him his fighting spirit back. Bulma and Kid Trunks could arrive to watch the battle between Gohan and Frieza, and after Golden Frieza defeats SSJ2 Teen Gohan (who's become significantly weaker by now), he spots Trunks, getting a sort of PTSD because "small version of the guy who killed me" and attacking him and Bulma. This would kick Vegeta into SSJ2 and give an explanation for why he transforms so easily in the Buu arc. And, since Goku is dead and we don't know Beerus and Whis yet... The writing would almost have to give Vegeta the win.
What do you think?
Wow! That would be interesting, actually would be a decent time-skip to take RoF storyline, I mean those 7 years after the Cell Games have a lot of blank space that could be build up good stories.
hehe
I always did feel like the large timeskips were a bit odd. Super is doing a good job filling in the 10-year gap, but the 7-year gap gets nothing. There's plenty of potential there (as long as it lines up with the Buu arc at the end).
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:19 am

Cipher wrote:
Noah wrote:Wait, what?
If Chaozu successfully kills Nappa, Vegeta likely wastes no time killing the remaining Earthlings before Goku arrives. Without Gohan and Kuririn's help, Goku is killed by Vegeta.

Goku and Vegeta save the universe from Majin Boo down the line.

(That's a little reductive, as they're also responsible for ruining the Kaioshin's plan and contributing to his resurrection in the first place, but still.)
With Goku dead, Vegeta would blow up Earth and there would be no Majin Buu anyway because there wasn't enough energy to revive him

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:05 pm

What if Cooler went to Namek with his Armored Squadron instead of Freeza?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:41 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:What if Cooler went to Namek with his Armored Squadron instead of Freeza?
Well, to be frank, he would get the job done quickly. I'm not sure if I'm being biased with my love for the character, but I can't see him leaving Vegeta to chance for his subordinates or allowing the Earthlings to get away with some of the Dragon Balls as effectively as they did. Freeza made decent progress alone in the natural story, so I'd say Coola would be even more thorough. Help me recall this: Did Coola know Namekian? I remember something about that being mentioned in DBZ Movie 6, but I'm not sure if I'm fabricating those thoughts. If I'm not, he won't need any of the natives alive to make his wish.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:27 am

In Brightest Day wrote:What if Cooler went to Namek with his Armored Squadron instead of Freeza?
Cooler's armored squardon "might" be more competent than Zarbon and dodoria and just collect the DB's quickly and since they have such an enormous power level, they immediately kill vegeta, gohan and krillin.

Goku is also killed when he reaches Namek.

Cooler collects all the DB's wishes to be immortal and porunga answers - "I can't protect your death from enemies more powerful than me, so I can't turn you immortal as it exceeds the power of my creator". Cooler blows up porunga.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

TLM Reviews

Post by TLM Reviews » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:26 pm

What if Trunks showed up during the Buu saga and not the Androids saga

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:54 pm

TLM Reviews wrote:What if Trunks showed up during the Buu saga and not the Androids saga
Everyone dies just like in Trunks' timeline. The Buu saga doesn't even happen, too.

But why would Trunks appear after the Androids already killed everyone?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TLM Reviews

Post by TLM Reviews » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:02 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
TLM Reviews wrote:What if Trunks showed up during the Buu saga and not the Androids saga
Everyone dies just like in Trunks' timeline. The Buu saga doesn't even happen, too.

But why would Trunks appear after the Androids already killed everyone?
Well since this is a "What if" Thread, than let's say Trunks either defeated the androids or the androids stuff happened after, then what if Trunks showed up during the Buu saga and not the Androids Saga

Rumanid

Post by Rumanid » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:23 am

Here's one from a DB thread on another forum:

What if Chi-Chi was a Saiyan, and Goku actually was Grandpa Gohan's grandson? Let's assume that alt!Chi-Chi gets sent to Earth, head injury, raised by Ox King, etc.

How would the rest of DB/DBZ play out?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:31 am

1) What if Goku Black had a cup of coffee before he started killing the people of the Earth?

2) What if during Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Vegeta had challenged Beerus to a dance off?

3) What if Super Perfect Cell had gotten amnesia after regenerating from his Intended self-destruction?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:02 am

Android arc:
  • Dr gero dies at the hands of piccolo.
  • Cell dies at the hands of kamiccolo
  • Goku brings Dende, who slowly uses 100 days to make porunga instead of shenron.
  • The ROSAT is unused.
Buu arc
  • Kamiccolo gives up against kaioshin
  • Future trunks curbstomps and kills Yamu & Spopovich, who sucked goku's powers
  • Babidi brings them at his place
  • They easily kill pui pui, then Yakon too
  • Dabura is infinitely stronger than all of them combined, but a well placed Makankosappo from piccolo critically injures him, before trunks slices his arm off. However, he kills them all. Dende uses porunga to bring them all back to life. Kaioshin kills Babidi & leaves with buu's ball.
  • They all train in ROSAT to prevent any future dangers.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:44 pm

What if Babidi show up on Earth with Dabra during the Cell games and send Dabra to gather ki for restore Buu out of his egg. Could Cell end up temporary work with Goku and the others to stop Babidi?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Babidi show up on Earth with Dabra during the Cell games and send Dabra to gather ki for restore Buu out of his egg. Could Cell end up temporary work with Goku and the others to stop Babidi?
I think Cell would want to fight darbura. However thanks to his saiyan genes. He most likely assist Babidi in attempting to awake buu. So that he could fight him. But I think gohan would eventually go ssj2 and kill them all. Because to be honest. Babidi needed the power of three super Saiyan 2's to fully awake buu. So it just be a battle royal between all of them.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:56 am

What if Gokuu Black invaded the GT-verse at the start of the series, before the Pilaf gang make their wish. He would be starting at a level that is "somewhat stronger" than SSJ3 Gokuu from DBS, but could of course become stronger. Zamasu is watching and can appear if he wants.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:47 am

Blackstripe wrote:What if Gokuu Black invaded the GT-verse at the start of the series, before the Pilaf gang make their wish. He would be starting at a level that is "somewhat stronger" than SSJ3 Gokuu from DBS, but could of course become stronger. Zamasu is watching and can appear if he wants.
It depends on what Black decides to do. If he begins instantly blowing shit up, GT Goku will easily kill him. Super's SSJ3 Goku is basically the same as he was in the Buu saga, at least if we base it off the manga. GT Kid Goku in base alone is already at a SSJ2 level. His adult form in SSJ3 would be a power house.

Unlike his Super counterpart, if Black started killing innocent people, GT Goku would would take immediate action to stop him, though he'd probably still start the fight off slow and toy around to test his opponent. Now, if Black goes SSJR, the tables would turn. It's hard to say if even SSJ4 Goku can stop Black in that state.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super