Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:If she didn't have her temper shed be more in line with her end of Z self (she appears to be about the same age as there)
Well, I haven't seen EOZ yet, so what's she like? Interesting? Generic?

And just so you know, I'm only using Bra and other Japanese names in this thread to avoid confusion. Still a dubbie. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:25 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:If she didn't have her temper shed be more in line with her end of Z self (she appears to be about the same age as there)

And just so you know, I'm only using Bra and other Japanese names in this thread to avoid confusion. Still a dubbie. :P
I wouldn't say EOZ Bulla is generic but from what we see she's a very happy little girl, similar to Pan. Though she only gets a few lines, but that's more so Toriyama ending the series right after a timeskip which imho could've led to 5 more years of content (excluding GT)

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:05 am

The problem isn't that Bra has a temper, but that it's basically her default emotion a lot of the time. It can get a little abrasive when overdone.

Bulma also gets angry a lot throughout Dragon Ball, and it makes her an entertaining character, but her outbursts don't feel quite as frequent.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:15 am

Wow, the special is already getting on my nerve. What was the point of the "I didn't hide my energy" line? Can't she act more like a kid at least? Not getting mad over every little thing?
And what's with the Son Bra thing? If you've already decided not to give Chichi a chance, why even bring that point up? :thumbdown:
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:32 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Everyone whines about Bra's temper, yet if it was absent, she would likely be a clone of another character. So funny.
Instead she's memorable for all the wrong reasons, what an improvement. Congrats DBM :clap:

Being serious, Bra's just a terrible character with a shitty personality. Look at this special she literally starts bitching like a brat straight from the 1st page. Come to think of it what is this shit about her wanting to be called 'Son Bra'? Vegito doesn't call himself 'Son Vegito'.

How anyone can like or defend this character is beyond me, she deserves all the hate she gets.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:34 pm

No... just no. Instead of bringing up a hopefully fair point, only for you to immediately disagree, I'll just say that I don't want to hear the same complaints over and OVER. I'm 100% okay with criticism, but if you don't have any new complaints about Bra, then don't whine for the sake of whining.

And I'm not singling anyone out here. I'm referring generally to the Bra haters.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:

boy let me tell ya
No, but canon Bulla is shown to be a happy and carefree little girl, much like canon Pan. (Here, canon means no GT.) She goes all yay when papa Veggie knocks Nok out ("Wow! Papa's strong!" - Bulla, Funi dub), so she has at least a little interest in fighting, but she's not active, most likely because she's three years old.
I guess you could call her generic, but it's impossible for her not to be when she's a minor character for two episodes. The personality Bulla showed during her scenes is just about all you can possibly do with something like half a minute of screentime. That's not enough time to develop any character. It's very understandable that Multiverse Bra has had a personality change, because of how little they've had to work with (though they still managed to ignore what personality the actual Bulla has).
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:33 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Everyone whines about Bra's temper, yet if it was absent, she would likely be a clone of another character. So funny.
Instead she's memorable for all the wrong reasons, what an improvement. Congrats DBM :clap:

Being serious, Bra's just a terrible character with a shitty personality. Look at this special she literally starts bitching like a brat straight from the 1st page. Come to think of it what is this shit about her wanting to be called 'Son Bra'? Vegito doesn't call himself 'Son Vegito'.

How anyone can like or defend this character is beyond me, she deserves all the hate she gets.
I agree with you pretty much. But My question is why would Bulma care if she wanted to call herself Son Bra? U16 Bra is technically 1/3 Goku anyway

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:No... just no. Instead of bringing up a hopefully fair point, only for you to immediately disagree, I'll just say that I don't want to hear the same complaints over and OVER. I'm 100% okay with criticism, but if you don't have any new complaints about Bra, then don't whine for the sake of whining.
And I'm not singling anyone out here. I'm referring generally to the Bra haters.
I'm not a Bra hater but I'm going to assume that peope thought she'd act more her age and not have such a snappy temper already, which like Alruneia said is not who Bulla is as a child.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Don't forget this Bra is the daughter of Vegetto, not Vegeta. Her personality could be very different being raised by a different father.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Don't forget this Bra is the daughter of Vegetto, not Vegeta. Her personality could be very different being raised by a different father.
Very valid observation. Multiverse Bra and Bulla aren't the same person. There was even a little gag with something similar to that early on when Universe 16's OC-based Bulla (that's the one I call "Multiverse Bra") met with Universe 18's GT-based Bulla.
I think it just boils down to a poor personality choice by the writers, honestly. Multiverse Bra would benefit from getting some of canon Bulla's personality, especially in a special where she's supposed to be the same age as her.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:02 pm

The Monkey King wrote:her wanting to be called 'Son Bra'?
Does that make sense in Japanese?

Isn't it a bit like someone going: "Hi Richard!"

And then Richard going "What the hell! We're brothers! Call me Richard Smith!"

I can't say that's a thing that happens.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:13 am

Alruneia wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Don't forget this Bra is the daughter of Vegetto, not Vegeta. Her personality could be very different being raised by a different father.
Very valid observation. Multiverse Bra and Bulla aren't the same person. There was even a little gag with something similar to that early on when Universe 16's OC-based Bulla (that's the one I call "Multiverse Bra") met with Universe 18's GT-based Bulla.
I think it just boils down to a poor personality choice by the writers, honestly. Multiverse Bra would benefit from getting some of canon Bulla's personality, especially in a special where she's supposed to be the same age as her.
I think it's because how it came off. It's the first chapter of the special and Bra is already yelling at someone and acting like a brat. And if you already have negative feelings about her from the last fight, you would find her annoying. My first response was literally:

"Good god, shut up Bra."

Also, if your character becomes shallow if they don't have a temper or a trade mark personality, then you have a really weak character. Bulma has a temper, but she does have other characteristics. The same with Vegeta.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:29 pm

She would be better served if she were snarkier and less generically angry. Vegeta was a mean bastard but he had a self-aggrandized swagger that made him more entertaining. Bra is often just plain grouchy.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:27 am

Comparing this Bra to main universe Bra is useless. They may look similar, but they are not the same person at all, they are different even in their genetic make-up, since the fathers aren't the same.
Regarder wrote:

Nobody in Dragon Ball has last names, it's a very unusual occurrence. In our world, everybody has last names so the scenario you described doesn't make much sense. But in a world where almost nobody has them? And in a scenario where the person in question wants to empathize her relationship with Gohan? Suddenly, it makes sense.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:50 am

rereboy wrote:Comparing this Bra to main universe Bra is useless. They may look similar, but they are not the same person at all, they are different even in their genetic make-up, since the fathers aren't the same.
Regarder wrote:

Nobody in Dragon Ball has last names, it's a very unusual occurrence. In our world, everybody has last names so the scenario you described doesn't make much sense. But in a world where almost nobody has them? And in a scenario where the person in question wants to empathize her relationship with Gohan? Suddenly, it makes sense.
It doesn't make sense. At all. Why the heck did Bra suddenly want to be in a full committed brother sister relationship with Gohan? She has a whole different family.
It's not useless to compare them. Heck lets compare them to everybody else. Trunks, Gohan and Goten isn't like this. Even Bra when she's only the daughter of Vegeta isn't like this. Why should Bra that get at least half of Goku's gene be a super bitch all of a sudden?
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 am

fexus wrote: It doesn't make sense. At all. Why the heck did Bra suddenly want to be in a full committed brother sister relationship with Gohan? She has a whole different family.
She likes them and doesn't want to feel that she isn't as part of the family as the others are. And she especially doesn't want the members of Goku's family to think she is any less than family. Since all the members of Goku's family have the special characteristic of having a surname, which is a rare thing, Bra insists that people use the surname for her as her way of saying "don't you dare forget that I am every bit family to you as the rest of Goku's family". It's a sore spot for her due to the strangeness of how the two families are connected through Vegetto. The rarity of the existence of a surname only intensifies her desire to be called by it since it's a very defining characteristic of the members of Goku's family.

She could, obviously, not be as abrasive as she is about it, but that is her personality. She is abrasive.
It's not useless to compare them. Heck lets compare them to everybody else. Trunks, Gohan and Goten isn't like this. Even Bra when she's only the daughter of Vegeta isn't like this. Why should Bra that get at least half of Goku's gene be a super bitch all of a sudden?
It's useless to compare them as if they were the same person, like, for example, when we compare Gohan from universe 16 and to Gohan from universe 18. If we don't forget that the Bras are not the same person, but more like 3/4 sisters or something, then, sure.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:30 pm

Since nobody else has.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:32 pm

These first Super Saiyan transformations always get less climactic as they go on...

Kids these days.
MyAnimeList | AniList

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:These first Super Saiyan transformations always get less climactic as they go on...

Kids these days.
Yeah. I don't know if this page was getting meta or not. It's so handled in an odd way, maybe she should have started her meeting with Gohan by going ssj, instead of...well this.

It's not bad, it's not good, but it's weird...and a bit clumsy.