Is Black really trying to kill all humans?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Is Black really trying to kill all humans?

Post by dragonballer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Freeza said he could do that in one hour.

Buu did it in less than a minute.

and how could any member of resistence survive a encounter with Black? he so fast to them that it is like he can pause the time.

do you think Black just enjoys the hunt and it is zamasu who wants all humans died?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: is Black really trying to kill all humans?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:50 pm

It seems Zamasu had created Goku Black to be like a sort of second him, and Goku Black is also obviously taking his time in killing those on the Future Earth because he is such a snide asshole.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:51 pm

He is its just the series is just prolonging it. Like they did with Android 17 and 18 in future Trunks timeline. They spent 20 years just destroying West City.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:54 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:He is its just the series is just prolonging it. Like they did with Android 17 and 18 in future Trunks timeline. They spent 20 years just destroying West City.
Yeah, they take their time to keep it fun. Destroy a part of a city, fly away to another city, destroy part of that city, rinse and repeat.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:05 pm

I think that chasing/hunting them might be his idea of punishment - ofc he can still enjoy it while doing so - not to mention he may be trying to preserve the planet as much as possible, whereas Freeza or other vilains wouldn't care less.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:43 am

I said earlier that if he is, he's doing a pretty bad job of it. Hopefully there's actually a reason that he's taking so long other than because the plot says so.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:36 am

He's a sadistic sociopath who delights in leaving people in abject terror. It's not so much the action of killing as it is the fear and uncertainty he inspires that causes him to get so excited. Black is the stereotypical example of the hypocrite who becomes the very thing he sought to destroy. About his only hope for redemption right now, in my opinion, involves his interactions with Zamasu. If they become confrontational and he predictably tries to kill his own ally for some darwinistic reason like all the other DB antagonists then there really is no positive aspect to his personality. For him to show some actual appreciation and camaraderie with his ally would come across as a fresh change since we don't have very many antagonists who have a positive relationship with others.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:29 am

everyone is nerfed in super. Goku could only do 100 situps in one minute.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:50 am

So far he is failing hard at it. he is getting owned by fodder.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:43 am

Well my suspicions were first aroused by his use of the words "I going to whip of the humans".

As for why he asen't done it yet well it seems that Black and Zamasu want the earth intact to build this Utopia. So its very likely that Black has been told not to rampage indiscriminately. Also he has only recently learned to sense ki and even now he seems to not be full used to it as he could not seem to track Mai or Yajirobe's ki.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:57 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Well my suspicions were first aroused by his use of the words "I going to whip of the humans".

As for why he asen't done it yet well it seems that Black and Zamasu want the earth intact to build this Utopia. So its very likely that Black has been told not to rampage indiscriminately. Also he has only recently learned to sense ki and even now he seems to not be full used to it as he could not seem to track Mai or Yajirobe's ki.
they could simply wish for a 2nd earth that is uninhabited since they know about the dragonballs. this ain't baby saga. Or Samusa should be able to recreate a planet as he is a kaoshin.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:02 am

Friezacooler wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Well my suspicions were first aroused by his use of the words "I going to whip of the humans".

they could simply wish for a 2nd earth that is uninhabited since they know about the dragonballs. this ain't baby saga.
Yeah but Zamasu has a hard on for teaching mortals our place and deep down wants us all dead or turned into good little dumb slaves that do just as the gods say. Simple put Zamasu wants to make earth the beginning of his utopia as A) to make an example out of earth to show his ways superiority and B) to spite Goku.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:34 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:

they could simply wish for a 2nd earth that is uninhabited since they know about the dragonballs. this ain't baby saga.
Yeah but Zamasu has a hard on for teaching mortals our place and deep down wants us all dead or turned into good little dumb slaves that do just as the gods say. Simple put Zamasu wants to make earth the beginning of his utopia as A) to make an example out of earth to show his ways superiority and B) to spite Goku.
earth wasn't the only mortals he was after so he is got a long way to go at this rate. Your points sound like Baby saga indeed. Samusa seems to be anorexic Broly who's mentallity god stuck during the android saga.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:46 am

Friezacooler wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:
earth wasn't the only mortals he was after so he is got a long way to go at this rate. Your points sound like Baby saga indeed. Samusa seems to be anorexic Broly who's mentallity god stuck during the android saga.
Well that because they are similer yet different, Baby wanted to build an empire of slaves and Zamasu wants to build a utopia were mortal are gone or have no free will. What and why they want it may be different but the end result is the same.

Also its clear that Zamasu is just as fixated on Goku as any villain not just Broly, infact I find comparing him to Frieza and Baby to be far more accurate then Broly. Broly's hatered of Goku is poorly founded as best while Zamasu's is more developed just like Frieza's and Baby's. Really Goku fixation and hating isn't just Broly's thing, it just that for Broly there is nothing else.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:16 am

Friezacooler wrote:So far he is failing hard at it. he is getting owned by fodder.
When did Black get owned by fodder?You mean the gas grenades? The gas irritated him, so he flew away.

Also, Black can sense all the earthlings. He says so in ep 57, when he was looking for Goku and Trunks, he said the earthling's ki is making it harder for him to locate them. So, he can easily locate all the humans. Apparently he enjoys slowly killing them.

Plus, it was already said that Black destroyed worlds and other planet's population before. Seems, Black and Zamasu have taken an interest in earth. Since they are careful not to do massive scale damage, just wipe out the humans. Kinda like sensui.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:06 am

buutenks wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:So far he is failing hard at it. he is getting owned by fodder.
When did Black get owned by fodder?You mean the gas grenades? The gas irritated him, so he flew away.

Also, Black can sense all the earthlings. He says so in ep 57, when he was looking for Goku and Trunks, he said the earthling's ki is making it harder for him to locate them. So, he can easily locate all the humans. Apparently he enjoys slowly killing them.

Plus, it was already said that Black destroyed worlds and other planet's population before. Seems, Black and Zamasu have taken an interest in earth. Since they are careful not to do massive scale damage, justify wipe out the humans. Kinda like sensui.
nice try a regular smoke grenade shoudn't even affect his senses it was stabilised since early dragonball.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:02 am

Friezacooler wrote:
buutenks wrote:

Plus, it was already said that Black destroyed worlds and other planet's population before. Seems, Black and Zamasu have taken an interest in earth. Since they are careful not to do massive scale damage, justify wipe out the humans. Kinda like sensui.
nice try a regular smoke grenade shoudn't even affect his senses it was stabilised since early dragonball.
Well that depends on is it smoke or toxic gas doesn't it? If its gas then its possible it might affect them enough to force them to back off for a heart beat or two.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:39 am

Friezacooler wrote:
buutenks wrote:

It caught them both off guard and all it took was five seconds for Yajirobe to get in there and save Trunks and Goku. It's not like he was harmed or even stunned for a decent amount of time

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:02 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:
buutenks wrote:

It caught them both off guard and all it took was five seconds for Yajirobe to get in there and save Trunks and Goku. It's not like he was harmed or even stunned for a decent amount of time
the amount of time you mentioned is still a lot since beginning of DB this shouldn't even get them offguard. Super must be a continuation to wally coyote and road runner, Dr slump or a show for anime fangirls cause nothing about it shows that it is a continuation to DBZ.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:
the amount of time you mentioned is still a lot since beginning of DB this shouldn't even get them offguard. Super must be a continuation to wally coyote and road runner, Dr slump or a show for anime fangirls cause nothing about it shows that it is a continuation to DBZ.
In your opinion.