Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Wow, this is amazing! I don't tend to like dubs where few people play so many roles, but I've always had a thing for Henrique Feist's Goku.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:24 pm

Who doesn't? :lol:
Doctor. wrote:Who's playing Vegeta, Loy or Spínola? Truth be told, I always preferred Spínola's Veggie.
Loy is playing Vegeta and Piccolo. Both him and Spínola have said so in the livestreams.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:23 am

I just hope they don't have the same kind of voice for Freeza they had before...

They can keep everyone else, just change Freeza and we're gold. They can even keep Feist's "fucked-up his throat" Gohan if they really have to...
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:47 am

omegalucas wrote:Who doesn't? :lol:
Doctor. wrote:Who's playing Vegeta, Loy or Spínola? Truth be told, I always preferred Spínola's Veggie.
Loy is playing Vegeta and Piccolo. Both him and Spínola have said so in the livestreams.
Given he has been active in Dragon Ball's social media as Vegeta, that's to be expected.

I wonder if Spínola will take on some of António Semedo's roles. "Soon" for months and they just started recording for it :lol:

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Puto wrote:I just hope they don't have the same kind of voice for Freeza they had before...

They can keep everyone else, just change Freeza and we're gold. They can even keep Feist's "fucked-up his throat" Gohan if they really have to...
I don't see any of the returning actors changing their perfomances any time soon, so Freeza (FRISER!) will most likely be THAT Spinola's voice. Also, "fucked-up his throat" best in-universe explanation for a bad voice decision, even if I kinda do like it.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Quebaz wrote: I don't see any of the returning actors changing their perfomances any time soon, so Freeza (FRISER!) will most likely be THAT Spinola's voice. Also, "fucked-up his throat" best in-universe explanation.
It doesn't beat Vegeta explanation "Because of the nerves, I'm changing my voice again." though.

I have to say there's also one in-universe explanation in Yu-gi-oh! that I always found genius. After the Virtual World filler arc ends, Kaiba bluntly says "This was a lost of time. Let's pretend this never happened." and then we're back to the main story.
Doctor. wrote: I always preferred Spínola's Veggie.
Spinola Vegeta is so incredibly underrated! I love both of them, but to be honest when Spinola took the role I never missed Loy.
Loy's Krillin is horrible though.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:36 pm

When all of them are toned down, their performance is good. The problem is them not being that "professional" because it's just a cartoon to make children entertained. Even worse, Loy is basically expected to "go all out" again because of the fans asking him to :thumbdown:

Feist's Trunks voice/performance is awesome, that's a good example of what they should do. And please, stop with the random noises or long syllables just to fill the lip flaps.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Oh hey we appreciating Spinola's Vegeta? Sign me the fuck up, dude just nailed the role as soon as he started voicing him (in contrast to Loy which took a bit and Vitor Rocha and oh god Vitor Rocha's Vegeta) and is to me the most memorable of all 3 of them, I just can't see Loy doing Majin Vegeta's sacrifice, it just wouldn't be good.

I always found most of the casting choices to be good actually, Feist's Trunks as mentioned before is great, being close to Kusao's take helps a lot too. Cavalinhos' Bulma was always a good fit too and one that she nailed since the beginning, just like her 18.

Which is more of a shame that they're the only ones getting brought back, while I understand that Fernanda Figueiredo has health problems (shame, loved her Krillin and Videl), Paulo Espirito Santo is still a voice actor and he was a really good addition to the movies and GT, who exactly did they contact to try to bring back? Did Vitor Rocha disappear from Earth after the Buu arc, heck even Vitor Machado who only had brief contact with the franchise (voiced Trunks in movies 10/11, Puck in the GT Special and I think Oolong in DB Movie 4) showed interest in coming back.

I'm probably getting worried for nothing, we don't even know who the new actors will be and which roles they'll take, maybe i'll end up getting suprised.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:01 am

I'm one of those who prefer Spínola over Loy as Vegeta too, but Loy is the more iconic voice so it was unfortunately pretty obvious he would be the one chosen.

I still wish they'd at least do a different voice for Freeza (or rather "Freezer"--either way, I'm pretty sure "Friser" was never the official spelling of anything). I dislike the Gohan voice too, but I can accept it here if only because Gohan's barely in this series.
Also, "fucked-up his throat" best in-universe explanation.
Except since the official in-universe explanation is 'Gohan fucked up his throat from screaming so much during the final Kamehame-ha against Cell', then it doesn't make any sense that Future Gohan also has that voice.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:50 am

How come I only found this post now...?! Well, I heard about he announecement but not in here.

Honestly, I hope they make a decent script this time... with DB/DBZ (which was translated from the french dub) they often contradicted each other during the dialogs, made nonsense statements and references to other TV shows from back in the day (and some background characters had weird accents aswell), so I hope they make something better now.

As for the voices, I really don't mind whoever does them but... I really, really wanted them to stop using that voice modifier for Piccolo and Dende (and Cell too, but he won't be around so it doesn't matter), their voices for me were so annoying that even dislaked those when I was a kid (and Vegeta's voice during android saga too :sick: ).

As for the opening song I'd like them to use current Super's song like they did with GT.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 am

Loy posted a video on Facebook earlier today saying that he'll be recording tomorrow at 9.30AM. Hopefully tomorrow we'll learn more about the voices for the other characters and maybe scripts and all.

EDIT: Feist and Spínola are in the studios right now!
Isn't that the opening in that screen in the background?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3759708218
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:14 pm

Man, for the sake of the new fans, I hope they are a bit more professional this time. Watching the re-runs on SIC Radical and hearing the original dub is just cringe-worthy.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:16 pm

omegalucas wrote:Loy posted a video on Facebook earlier today saying that he'll be recording tomorrow at 9.30AM. Hopefully tomorrow we'll learn more about the voices for the other characters and maybe scripts and all.

EDIT: Feist and Spínola are in the studios right now!
Isn't that the opening in that screen in the background?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3759708218
OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED! If the hebrew dub is anything to go by, we'll probably have both the OP and Ending dubbed, here's hoping it's all of them.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:59 am

So, there was a livestream last night (which was awful because it was totally unorganized, not much was shown and there was a LOT of rage in the comments... they deleted it afterwards) where the guys from the Facebook page showed some clips of João Loy recording. Quebaz and I attended it, not sure if anybody else from Kanzenshuu did.
Loy is doing several background characters beside his mains (Vegeta and Piccolo) - he plays at least the old guy from the parfume shop and a reporter on the first episode, and one of the people who stare at Kuririn and 18 flying on episode 3. He might play Kuririn as well, but I couldn't tell.
However, a specific line he was recording frightened me: "A battle power of 150G is useless". That's a mistake one of the fansubs made on the 4th episode of Super, according to Herms' Fact Checker.
Puto said in the Hebrew opening song topic that some lines from that dub appear to be taken from incorrect fansubs, so I am afraid it might be Toei who is sending inaccurate scripts. Either that or it was just a mistake on the Portuguese dub and it's all a coincidence (I seriously hope it's the second option).

In other news, I asked Loy a few questions and here's what I got:
- They seem to be keeping the dub names;
- He is recording around 4 episodes per week;
- No one else has been cast yet - only the four of them are recording for now;
- They seem to have almost the same improv freedom as in the 90s.

He wasn't sure about the opening being recorded in Portuguese, but they pointed to it in the livestream last night.
Cavalinhos is recording today and the clips from yesterday may be posted to Facebook as well, hopefully.

Somebody on Facebook said the premiere will be on September 24th, but I can't find any "official" sources confirming it, so take it with a grain of salt.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:49 pm

While we're talking about that facebook page, I have to say I never thought it was legit, but they've been kinda proving me wrong in the last months.
By legit I mean "The voice actors are the admins of this page" bullshit. Feist and Spinola are busy people, who I don't see having time to keep the page running.

Loy seems to have a lot of free time, but I doubt he would spend much of it posting stuff on that page. Still, I have to say I'm damn impressed by the love and bond he shares with the fanbase. Really wonderful!

Some stupid posts you can clearly see that's not from an adult, but they proved to know what's happening behind the scenes. I still don't care for that facebook page though.

Some weeks ago there was a polemic because they are looking for new admins, and one of the rules to be admin was that you couldn't be older than 25 years old.
I never saw such a stupid rule, but that just proves how much a joke I think that page can be. Of course, a lot of people from 80s/90s generation that watched Dragon Ball debut in Portugal on the frontlines, felt offended and rioted.

That page has potential, but it needs a big shake up.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:55 pm

I thought the same, I was always very skeptical of the page, but they have been clearly improving (if we don't count the ridiculous livestream yesterday and the whole admin fiasco...).

More news, good and bad.
The good: according to Loy, the premiere date is really September 24th.
The bad: according to the Facebook page, Beerus is to be voiced by one of the four returning VAs (and I'm starting to think they'll be the only actors in the damn show...)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:07 pm

They will probably bring more people along the run, but it's still not a good idea not having new voice actors for recurring characters like Beerus and Whis.
My money is on Spinola for Beerus then.

Feist will once again have his plate full in the Future Trunks arc with Goku, Goku Black, Future Trunks, Kid Trunks and Gohan. He shall not find about this until the day comes. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:55 pm

Sorry for going off-topic but I want to know this : Did Vitor Rocha voice Turles?
Last edited by Tian on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:58 pm

omegalucas wrote: Loy is doing several background characters beside his mains (Vegeta and Piccolo) - he plays at least the old guy from the parfume shop and a reporter on the first episode, and one of the people who stare at Kuririn and 18 flying on episode 3. He might play Kuririn as well, but I couldn't tell.
If João plays Krillin, he'll be the Portuguese Lanipator :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:35 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:They will probably bring more people along the run, but it's still not a good idea not having new voice actors for recurring characters like Beerus and Whis.
My money is on Spinola for Beerus then.

Feist will once again have his plate full in the Future Trunks arc with Goku, Goku Black, Future Trunks, Kid Trunks and Gohan. He shall not find about this until the day comes. :lol:
Beerus and Whis are likely to be voiced by João Loy and Henrique Feist.

Man, I really expected to see voice actors like Rogério Jacques, Paulo Espirito Santo and Carlos Macedo on this dub.