Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:53 pm

FoolsGil wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Big Brother was merciful. That's what happened you little turd...
Dad, on the other hand, isn't going to be if Vegeta's harshness in training stuck around from the fusion.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:11 pm

ParkerAL wrote:The panels in this page really jump around. There really should have been a least one transitional panel between those two beams meeting and Bra being overwhelmed. It feels like we're missing too much material in between.

Ideally, the lookout scene would have happened on the next page, to provide a stronger pacing break between the fight and its aftermath. But I guess the artist is probably working with a strict page limit.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Too much jumping around in this page.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 pm

HeroR wrote:
ParkerAL wrote:The panels in this page really jump around. There really should have been a least one transitional panel between those two beams meeting and Bra being overwhelmed. It feels like we're missing too much material in between.

Ideally, the lookout scene would have happened on the next page, to provide a stronger pacing break between the fight and its aftermath. But I guess the artist is probably working with a strict page limit.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Too much jumping around in this page.
That was my first thought too.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:41 am

Where's the scolding? I want Gohan to scold her. And what the hell is with the "Son Bra". Is Salagir trying to prove a point or something? It feels so unnatural.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:15 am

fexus wrote:Where's the scolding? I want Gohan to scold her. And what the hell is with the "Son Bra". Is Salagir trying to prove a point or something? It feels so unnatural.
I found that kind of touching actually. It demonstrates that Vegetto and Gohan took her request seriously :D ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:59 pm

fexus wrote:Where's the scolding? I want Gohan to scold her. And what the hell is with the "Son Bra". Is Salagir trying to prove a point or something? It feels so unnatural.
It's like a father calling his daughter by her entire name, first and last. It sounds so weird. In America when parents want to use force or discipline in that way, they made say a full first name (Michael instead of Mike, James instead of Jim, etc). Adding a middle name is rare but it's still better than saying last/family name over and over.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:06 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
It's like a father calling his daughter by her entire name, first and last. It sounds so weird. In America when parents want to use force or discipline in that way, they made say a full first name (Michael instead of Mike, James instead of Jim, etc). Adding a middle name is rare but it's still better than saying last/family name over and over.
When someone has only two names, it's impossible to just add the middle name.

Anyway, the interpretation is off. This has nothing to do with how americans may or may not address each other. Vegetto addressed her as Son Bra because she has been insisting on it.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:30 pm

It still sounds awkward; I was just using an example. Sheesh.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:It still sounds awkward; I was just using an example. Sheesh.
You had a relevant point but the awkwardness you pointed out is situational. Mentioning said situational awkwardness without also mentioning that its context doesn't really apply to this situation (since Vegetto was just obeying Bra's wishes and since the naming schemes and habits are clearly different from, for example, the usa), doesn't make much sense, which is why I pointed it out.

Didn't mean to bother you, sorry about that.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:51 pm

I just had a thought the other day. Hypothetically, if Young Jijii drew some Multiverse panels, how cool would that be?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Bansho64 wrote:I just had a thought the other day. Hypothetically, if Young Jijii drew some Multiverse panels, how cool would that be?
I don't want Asura to feel inadequate, hee hee. But yeah, it would be great. Like, he do a special on something I hate, but I wouldn't care. Ignore the words, look at the pictures.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:19 pm

rereboy wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:It still sounds awkward; I was just using an example. Sheesh.
You had a relevant point but the awkwardness you pointed out is situational. Mentioning said situational awkwardness without also mentioning that its context doesn't really apply to this situation (since Vegetto was just obeying Bra's wishes and since the naming schemes and habits are clearly different from, for example, the usa), doesn't make much sense, which is why I pointed it out.

Didn't mean to bother you, sorry about that.
I guess my example was bad, but yeah I do see your point.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:25 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Does Trunks shop at the same store as Bebi?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:31 pm

dario03 wrote:Does Trunks shop at the same store as Bebi?
It's his End of Z outfit:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Vegetto's solution is simple, just call her Bra and beat her in a fight. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Marco Polo wrote:

That is one stylish jacket. He looks good in it.

As for Bra...I get the feeling Vegetto is going to go extra unstable to draw out her powers..I mean, that 5th panel and 6th panel makes me think bad times are coming, which is weird, because while yes Vegeta is a hardass, Goku's compassion should be able to even out the training. Either something silly or something monstrous is about to happen.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm no human anatomy expert, but the muscular details in Vegetto's arms look a little off.

Still, I can't fault the art too much. So far, it's been a nice blend of Toriyama's style and an aesthetic similar to western comics. The compositions for each panel are nicely balanced and the detail in the backgrounds make them more interesting to look at.

Generally, I don't like it when dialogue balloons escape a panel's boundaries, though, or when a character appears in front of them. It gives the impression that not enough space was allotted to them at first, and the artist had to expand them to fit the dialogue.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:51 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That is one stylish jacket. He looks good in it.

As for Bra...I get the feeling Vegetto is going to go extra unstable to draw out her powers..I mean, that 5th panel and 6th panel makes me think bad times are coming, which is weird, because while yes Vegeta is a hardass, Goku's compassion should be able to even out the training. Either something silly or something monstrous is about to happen.
I think the problem is that Vegetto's personality seems to combine Goku's carefree, absent-minded nature with some of Vegeta's hardass tendencies, resulting in a horrendously irresponsible guy who's disconnected from everyone else's norms. So something like "Oh I'll just beat the everloving piss out of her until she gets mad! What's the worst that can happen?!" seems like a logical thought process to him.

(In other words, he's what Goku detractors think Goku is like)
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:16 pm

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I think that is out of character for Gohan to say IMO
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?