"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:06 pm

The back of Super Dragon Ball Heroes' card. Now they'll have space enough to put the longest names without flatten it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:01 am

The "Villainous Mode" (is that what the card calls him?) from Dragon Ball Xenoverse will join Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:14 am

凶悪化/kyōaku-ka is the same as was used in Xenoverse. As per Herms back during that game's promotion, it just means "turning them evil". So pretty much any variation of fiendish, atrocious, villainous, criminal, flagitious, etc.

Personally, I stick with Fiendish. It feels fitting for a Demigra based form.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 am

Grimlock wrote:The back of Super Dragon Ball Heroes' card. Now they'll have space enough to put the longest names without flatten it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Grimlock wrote:The "Villainous Mode" (is that what the card calls him?) from Dragon Ball Xenoverse will join Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

[spoiler][img]https://s17.postimg.io/kd8nprksv/Csoqejs_VUAQCENA.jpg[/img ][/spoiler]
I can't see the images O.o

KND

Post by KND » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:26 pm

HECTOR4 wrote: I can't see the images O.o
It was working earlier. The image was Fiendish Vegeta, the artwork was from Xenoverse if I remember right.

[spoiler]This artwork
Image[/spoiler]

Hope I helped.

Zero-ELEC

Post by Zero-ELEC » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:53 pm

KND wrote:It was working earlier. The image was Fiendish Vegeta, the artwork was from Xenoverse if I remember right.

[spoiler]This artwork
Image[/spoiler]

Hope I helped.
That was not the artwork, it had Fiendish Vegeta charging up.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:58 am

Zero-ELEC wrote:
KND wrote:It was working earlier. The image was Fiendish Vegeta, the artwork was from Xenoverse if I remember right.

[spoiler]This artwork
Image[/spoiler]

Hope I helped.
That was not the artwork, it had Fiendish Vegeta charging up.
Ah, thank you ^^

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Whats with the lack of scans of Heroes from the V-Jump magazine??? Xenoverse and Dokkan ones already got leaked and it's been like two days since those appeared and we have nothing from Heroes yet, i guess it's because there really isn't any scans from that and nobody has say anything about that here either, am i missing something???

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:17 pm

GDM10 just launched. Obviously the issues in the same month that occur an update in Dragon Ball Heroes will not bring anything. The next one, on October 21st, will contain information about Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:37 pm

Grimlock wrote:The "Villainous Mode" (is that what the card calls him?) from Dragon Ball Xenoverse will join Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

Then this card is fake, right?

It seems a modification of this illustration:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:43 pm

HECTOR4 wrote:

Then this card is fake, right?

It seems a modification of this illustration:

I wouldn't necessarily call it a fake. Toei is known to re-use a lot of images with minimal alterations. Most of the character designs for Super from before it came out were just recycled from Battle of Gods and Kai.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:52 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I wouldn't necessarily call it a fake. Toei is known to re-use a lot of images with minimal alterations. Most of the character designs for Super from before it came out were just recycled from Battle of Gods and Kai.
Yeah, for designs always do that, because they are that, designs, artistic guides and nothing more. But this is an illustration for a card, with a little and a shameless modification ^^ In DBH for now all have been exclusive artwork created for the game. It seems very strange that recycle an illustration in this way. We have to wait to find out U.O

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Honestly, actually looking at the card, I'm calling fake. Art aside, because the do reference poses and stuff, the stats are the same as the Son Goku: Xeno promo we have revealed, and the card number is SH-16. That's probably supposed to stand for "Super Heroes", but the problem is that promos are normally coded after the distribution source, and if it were a main set card it would likely at least be "SH1-16" to code it as the first set, as has been done previously.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Well, the original image shows that orange-blouse guy holding the Villainous Vegeta. If it's fake then I don't know.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:45 pm

Now that I see it again, I think I have seen that render of Villainous Mode Vegeta before, so I think it's fake too.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Just to bring it up again, this Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission manga...I'm looking at the scans for it now and is this supposed to be some kind of follow up to what happened in the Xenoverse game?

Would it be following on from after they defeated Demigra or not because Demigra is actually in it but did he just come back somehow?

But this is supposed to be some form of adaptation of all those Dragon Ball Heroes animated videos?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:41 pm

Bullza wrote:Is this supposed to be some kind of follow up to what happened in the Xenoverse game?
Would it be following on from after they defeated Demigra or not because Demigra is actually in it but did he just come back somehow?
Here's what Mr. DevilsCorpse said a few days ago:
No, it doesn't take place after anything. It's a third continuity, featuring the same factions and telling a kind of similar story to Online and Xenoverse...in the sense that it's about the Time Patrol facing off against demons from Makai (they have never been referred to as Time Breakers in Heroes).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Just to note, that was specifically about the "story" of the arcs in the Heroes arcade game. Online is it's own product, Xenoverse ties in with Xenoverse 2, etc, but none of the material is related to anything outside of their own series. The manga is yet another adaptation in its own continuity with the Charisma Mission manga. The animated trailers are nothing more than promotional videos that vaguely represent what's going on in the game that set; sometimes they kinda tie into to each other, sometimes they don't.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:47 am

Alright so we're not supposed to believe that even though it has its own continuity separate from Xenoverse, events similar to Xenoverse did not happen prior to this manga?

So they hadn't already previously met and defeated Demigra already in this continuity. It's just completely separate then?

I've seen next to nothing from this Charisma mission manga but the Dark Realm Mission manga didn't seem to include any of those "avatar" characters. Why do we know it's in the sake continuity?

That said now that I take a closer look it seems like the Supreme Kai is giving Trunks his Time Patrol outfit for the first time so I suppose it would be completely different.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:53 am

Well, it's pretty obvious that the outfit Time Patrol Trunks wears was given by Kaioshin of Time. And if ever there was a relation between the manga and any other material, they would say something about it. As of now, the manga is its own thing, even if is based on Xenoverse (and Heroes at the same time, as it has Super Mira in it).

Guys, one question: Does Dragon Ball Heroes treat Majin Vegeta's forms as a separated character/it has his own transformation and name?

In this icon, it says "破壊王子 超サイヤ人3", is it a new form, or the kanjis just have the function to specify that it's the "Majin" state of Vegeta and his transformation?

~ Day of the Machines ~