Dragon Ball Full Color Hardback- anymore details?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Dragon Ball Full Color Hardback- anymore details?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:54 pm

So I was on Amazon seeing when the next Batch of FC's were supposed to be out and noticed that the Freeza arc has the FC in as Amazon say "Library binding" upon doing more research I noticed that websites like TBD labelled it as "hardback" : http://www.bookdepository.com/Dragon-Ba ... =grid-view

Does anyone have anymore details on this? And is it worth punting more money on?

I am currently waiting for the 3rd volume of the Freeza arc to be released down here in the UK before popping to my LCS to pick the first three releases since they have a 3 for 2 on all Manga so I'd be paying £8.66 for each but this hardback edition has piqued my interests, but the fact it says Library biding is throwing me off for some reason.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color Hardback- anymore details?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:07 pm

These may be hardback as viz has ''hardback library binding'' for the singles as well :D

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:18 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:These may be hardback as viz has ''hardback library binding'' for the singles as well :D
Do you have any images of what those looks like?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:31 am

unfortunately not. I had seen them in the past tho. They looked like these tho (I'm not sure they did the whole series tho)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:35 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:unfortunately not. I had seen them in the past tho. They looked like these tho (I'm not sure they did the whole series tho)
Thanks for the pic looks like a normal HC to me! Looks like these HC are covering the Goku vs Freeza portion too so I might take a punt on those volumes.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:30 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:unfortunately not. I had seen them in the past tho. They looked like these tho (I'm not sure they did the whole series tho)
Initially, I thought this was just the 2008 Collector's Edition with the dust jacket removed, but a bit of digging on Google seems to suggest that a hardcover version was also put out in 2003, as is. Interesting.

These listings have certainly piqued my interest, and since I haven't begun picking up the Freeza arc volumes yet, I may just wait for a bit and see how this pans out. Hardcover volumes would definitely be worth forking out the extra dollars for, especially when you consider the way the other volumes have been put together by Viz.

They're listed on Amazon, as well, with the description:
FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY.
https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Freeza-Tu ... 0606394281

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:49 am

The cost of one I could effectively get 3 of the regular ones. So I think I'll get the first three as is. I've gone ahead and pre ordered volume 4,5 in HC since I don't mind investing in that portion I mean the Saiyan arc never had this as far as I can tell so the collection is gonna look awkward anyway.

I guess it being for school and libraries make sense since HC are a lot more protection.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Welp. Part 4 was supposed to be released today and it's unavailable everywhere... I thought I pre ordered it but turns out I only pre ordered 5. 4 was saved for later in my account and now showing up as "unavailable" checked a few more websites they don't have 4 either (in HC).Looks like either the release date was wrong or changed or these HC have been canned which sucks cuz I just bought vol1-3 in papreback would have held off and got the HC.