(Closed) Guess That Quote!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 pm

ThePiccolo wrote:Next
Hey, make a mental note, tails grow back
Ocean Dub Piccolo said that about Gohan in the Saiyan arc

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ThePiccolo wrote:Next
Hey, make a mental note, tails grow back
Ocean Dub Piccolo said that about Gohan in the Saiyan arc
Nice, ya got it. :D

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:16 am

ThePiccolo wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
ThePiccolo wrote:Hey, make a mental note, tails grow back
Krillin, after Frieza goes into his 3rd form?
Nope, not Kuririn
Piccolo then.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:01 am

Feeling a little bit sore are we?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Feeling a little bit sore are we?
I had to look this one up, but...Omega Shinron said this to Gogeta when he thought he had done damage. But then Gogeta retorted by saying "NOPE! In fact, that took care of a crick in my neck!"

Now then...one thing that's bothered me for a while, but never knew how to explain that logically...I disliked how some posters have tried to tear down the old dub of DBZ for it's motivational speeches. Because for every "Hope of the Universe" speech, there was always another motivational phrase or speech that legitimately inspired me, one that I KNOW was not in the original version. For example, this here?

“Will you stop attacking yourself?! I don’t know where you got it in your head that there’s something wrong with you, cause there’s not! You’ve saved my life and our friends lives so many times! And you’re going to do it again! RIGHT NOW!!”

I have OCD and Asperger's syndrome; so there were times when I was young that I thought of myself as disconnected from other people, unable to fully think and act like a fully human person. I'm not going to be all overly dramatic and say that THIS quote was the reason I got over that...but I did find it legitimately helpful. This one still sticks with me in a way that the Kai version never did. And there were plenty of other speeches like that that could also be found in the Z version; not EVERYTHING the dub writers added in was bad you know!

Now then, guess who said it!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Fionordequester wrote: “Will you stop attacking yourself?! I don’t know where you got it in your head that there’s something wrong with you, cause there’s not! You’ve saved my life and our friends lives so many times! And you’re going to do it again! RIGHT NOW!!”
Goku to Gohan during the KameHame Ha against Cell.
Also, might I add, I think it's awesome how that quote relates to you. This may sound weird, but cherish that. Keep it close to you. And never forget it.
I myself have dealt with personal doubts and people telling me I'm stupid and that there's something wrong with me because I have a hard time in my academics in school. And even though I really don't like the Funi dub or particularly care for its motivational speeches, I would never try and take away someone's personal connection to them. It's amazing how much we can truly and personally relate to some charcaters and events in fiction. I also find myself relating to a character in DB; Gohan.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Goku to Gohan during the KameHame Ha against Cell.
Also, might I add, I think it's awesome how that quote relates to you. This may sound weird, but cherish that. Keep it close to you. And never forget it.
I myself have dealt with personal doubts and people telling me I'm stupid and that there's something wrong with me because I have a hard time in my academics in school. And even though I really don't like the Funi dub or particularly care for its motivational speeches, I would never try and take away someone's personal connection to them. It's amazing how much we can truly and personally relate to some charcaters and events in fiction. I also find myself relating to a character in DB; Gohan.
Aw, thank you so much Bansho...and thank you for understanding. The post wasn't meant to be a tirade, just...something I wanted to share. In any case...let's line up another one. Something incredible...but in an entirely different way :lol: .

"Now I see! Like human beings dislike the sound of rubbing glass, probably the soundwave of the whistle, which a human being blows might echo something; irritating the ears of the namek people. The nerve cannot endure the PAIN!!"

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:Goku to Gohan during the KameHame Ha against Cell.
Aw, thank you so much Bansho...and thank you for understanding. The post wasn't meant to be a tirade, just...something I wanted to share. In any case...let's line up another one. Something incredible...but in an entirely different way :lol: .

"Now I see! Like human beings dislike the sound of rubbing glass, probably the soundwave of the whistle, which a human being blows might echo something; irritating the ears of the namek people. The nerve cannot endure the PAIN!!"

king kai's mind thoughts from the lord slug movie ( i think)
My English is poor .

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
Fionordequester wrote: "Now I see! Like human beings dislike the sound of rubbing glass, probably the soundwave of the whistle, which a human being blows might echo something; irritating the ears of the namek people. The nerve cannot endure the PAIN!!"

king kai's mind thoughts from the lord slug movie ( i think)
It's probably from the Big Green dub or the speedy dub.
I can already imagine it being read aloud with that funny Malaysian (?) accent.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:00 am

Hyena_Yamcha & dbgtFO wrote:king kai's mind thoughts from the lord slug movie ( i think)
Yep! It's from the Speedy dub; here's the clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upy2SEnP9MU&t=2m40s

Now for the next one...

This is it, it ends HERE! [...]First I'll destroy you, THEN your friends, and finally, this WORTHLESS planet! But before I do, I want you to remember something...I will live FOREEEVER!!

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:01 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha & dbgtFO wrote:king kai's mind thoughts from the lord slug movie ( i think)
Yep! It's from the Speedy dub; here's the clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upy2SEnP9MU&t=2m40s

Now for the next one...

This is it, it ends HERE! [...]First I'll destroy you, THEN your friends, and finally, this WORTHLESS planet! But before I do, I want you to remember something...I will live FOREEEVER!!
Super Perfect Cell when he's charging his Solar Kamehameha.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 am

Darkblade1995 wrote:Super Perfect Cell when he's charging his Solar Kamehameha.
Awesome! Nice one Darkblade! Next...

???: You know, you've made one critical mistake. You should never have emptied this city of it's entire population; because as long as there are no innocent bystanders to get in the way, I'm free to fight you with the best of my ability!

Villain: So what's stopping you?

???: You know, that's a really good question.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:39 am

I'm guessing Piccolo after he finds Cell.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Just a heads-up, Fionordequester, if someone guesses a quote correctly, they are the one to post the next one (unless they specifically decide to give it to another user).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Just a heads-up, Fionordequester, if someone guesses a quote correctly, they are the one to post the next one (unless they specifically decide to give it to another user).
OH, I see! Sorry about that. And btw, DarkBlade guessed correctly! This exchange happened RIGHT before Piccolo fired that enormous blast at Cell!

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:25 am

Reviving this before it dies again
"My power get you weaker! Goku help me!"
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Ash57 wrote:"My power get you weaker! Goku help me!"
Speedy Dub Piccolo in Movie 4! Piccolo's inside Lord Slug's fist, but he's still trying his darndest to transfer some of his power to Goku! The "black human beings" scene from the Malaysian dub is one of my favorite DBZ scenes of all time, so there's no way I'd forget that one :) ...

Now then; here's a FUNI quote you all can thank Chris Sabat for.
"Waaaaaaaaves and rooooooocks!! (Brought to you by Waves and Rocks)"

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
"Waaaaaaaaves and rooooooocks!! (Brought to you by Waves and Rocks)"
That was the sponsor for the Cell Games recreation in the Buu Arc.
It's not like we can rely on Yamcha.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:53 pm

TheUltimateVegito wrote:
I believe that was said in Shin Budokai but I can't remember by who.

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheUltimateVegito wrote:
I believe that was said in Shin Budokai but I can't remember by who.
Well you're half right, but not the half that counts.
Quoteception?
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames