New Dragon Ball Online Magazine Scans

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Amaranth Sparrow

Post by Amaranth Sparrow » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:34 am

DaemonCorps wrote:What still bothers me is that the Namek face seems iffy. I mean, the head's got a split down the middle and face is outlined, making it look like Cell's.
Maybe it's just a guy in a costume. :?
Nah, they're probably just trying to come up with more ways to customize the character faces, so it's like a "pattern" or "marking", maybe like the stuff on their muscles (it's the same color).

Keep in mind that Toriyama's okay with it (or maybe even came up with it). =P

And the scan is from Shounen Jump, not V-Jump.

It confirms that Toriyama is handeling the character, monster, and environment designs.

A correction, there are only two playable races (so far), Namekian and Human. Humans begin on Earth, recruited by Time Patrol Trunks. Namekians begin on New Namek, and are sent to assist those on Earth by Saichooroo/Guru. The mysterious organization apparantly has transformed the animals of the world into blood thirsty beasts, or something like that.

Goku and others will apparantly exist in the world, but not simply as stationary NPCs, but will appear in various areas or move around on their own... something along those lines.

I'm not completely clear on everything. There also seems to be a little bit of confusion regarding just when the story takes place, though both official websites set it in Age 1000. Unless it involves some time travel.

It also appears that the MMORPG is gonna be more true to the manga than to the anime, so there'll probably be no GT stuff at all.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:48 am

This sounds great. No GT, Yay!!! I havnt played a mmorpg in a while and can't wait till this is released. I hope the language barrior won't be to difficult to overcome.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:17 pm

Amaranth Sparrow wrote:There also seems to be a little bit of confusion regarding just when the story takes place, though both official websites set it in Age 1000. Unless it involves some time travel.
It does.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:51 pm

Drabaz wrote:This sounds great. No GT, Yay!!! I havnt played a mmorpg in a while and can't wait till this is released. I hope the language barrior won't be to difficult to overcome.
I'd first overcome the english language barrier, especially considering proper english IS part of the rules. =D Just a thought.

Cbot

Post by Cbot » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:34 am

It's been a while since I post in the forum.I really can't waitfor this game to be release.Soon ... ressurection of the saiyans!!!!!

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:54 pm

A correction, there are only two playable races (so far), Namekian and Human. Humans begin on Earth, recruited by Time Patrol Trunks. Namekians begin on New Namek, and are sent to assist those on Earth by Saichooroo/Guru. The mysterious organization apparantly has transformed the animals of the world into blood thirsty beasts, or something like that.
Haha nobody gets to be Saiyan (so far) although it makes more sense having Humans, I mean even if Saiyan blood was still around it be so diluted that they'd all be Human for the most part anyway, just as Goku.Jr was. Super Saiyan will probaly be able to be achieved but the actual Saiyan race won't be around.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:36 pm

But then, since when would common sense prevail in an online game?

You can have a supposedly rare species, but if they become popular, continuity be damned, they'll be all over the shop all the same. (A little bit like Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies, even though they technically aren't a species, but there's many many MANY more of them around than established continuity would have you believe)

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:38 pm

(A little bit like Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies, even though they technically aren't a species, but there's many many MANY more of them around than established continuity would have you believe)
Yeah I know, and I have a feeling the exact samething will happen, ie there will be very few people who can achieve Super Saiyan, but then people will complain and it will be changed to the point where it becomes very common to see Super Saiyans.

And unlike SWG it could still stick to the continuity as we don't know how spread out the Saiyan bloodline would become 200 years later. I mean we know it's not going to be so spread that it will support 1000 Super Saiyans, or 1000 of warriors/martial artists for that matter, although we could very well end up seeing this same story in a much smaller form, ie the same set up (200 years later, Time Patrol Trunks, etc) just without a 1000 player characters, like making a single player game based on the storyline, or a manga adaption, or something.

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:46 pm

JeuxFrance have some more images up:

http://www.jeux-france.com/news19780_dr ... mages.html

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:53 pm

Nyoibo wrote:JeuxFrance have some more images up:

Saichoro looks grumpy.

Ladies and gents, we have scouters.

I'm liking what I'm seeing in the outfit customization department so far.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:23 pm

Nyoibo wrote:JeuxFrance have some more images up:

The kid character looks awkwardly out of place. Like Gohan during the Nappa/Vegeta fight...
SSj Kaboom wrote:Ladies and gents, we have scouters.
Yeah, I noticed that back on the first page. I wonder if they're Capsule Corp brand... :)

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:58 pm

TAS wrote:
(A little bit like Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies, even though they technically aren't a species, but there's many many MANY more of them around than established continuity would have you believe)
Yeah I know, and I have a feeling the exact samething will happen, ie there will be very few people who can achieve Super Saiyan, but then people will complain and it will be changed to the point where it becomes very common to see Super Saiyans.

And unlike SWG it could still stick to the continuity as we don't know how spread out the Saiyan bloodline would become 200 years later. I mean we know it's not going to be so spread that it will support 1000 Super Saiyans, or 1000 of warriors/martial artists for that matter, although we could very well end up seeing this same story in a much smaller form, ie the same set up (200 years later, Time Patrol Trunks, etc) just without a 1000 player characters, like making a single player game based on the storyline, or a manga adaption, or something.
Who knows, with all that time travelling going on several female time travellers got pregnant from full blooded saiyajin, and thus recreated the Saiyajin race enough to warrant playable monkeypeople in the game. XD

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:23 pm

*Gets the mental image of a saiyajin walking up to a human with a line like "I have come from the past to save the future by reproducing with you." and promptly getting slapped*.

I really like how Goku looks in this game, even though he's an NPC.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Chuquita wrote:*Gets the mental image of a saiyajin walking up to a human with a line like "I have come from the past to save the future by reproducing with you." and promptly getting slapped*.
Like you wouldn't.

*slapped*
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:22 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Chuquita wrote:*Gets the mental image of a saiyajin walking up to a human with a line like "I have come from the past to save the future by reproducing with you." and promptly getting slapped*.
Like you wouldn't.

*slapped*
Like you could actually DO anything about it. :p

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:01 am

The suits looks really nice... And the Scouter would most likey be made by Capsule Corp, I mean Bulma did make it understandable to humans...
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:05 am

*wonders at the obtaining of scouters, and how they are to asplode, and if non-scouter ki-sensing abilities can exist*
*and if an in-depth ki engine will exist*
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Aukon

Post by Aukon » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:31 am

Daizenshuu EX Registered Member

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:39 am

That was actually one of the very first pics released.

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=5377

Aukon

Post by Aukon » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:33 am

TAS wrote:
That was actually one of the very first pics released.

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=5377
It was? My eyes must be playing up again. :o
Daizenshuu EX Registered Member