YoungJijii's DBAfter Doujin

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wakabayashy

Re: YoungJijii's DBAfter Doujin

Post by wakabayashy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:54 pm

np enjoy ^^

tomac66
Beyond Newbie

Post by tomac66 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi, here you have the vol 4 in Japanese, this time was so long because I'm very busy at work.

This volume was possible with the help of Xevious, I scanned the pages and he edited it.

You can enjot it now, the vol 5 is going to be released in a few days, I'm going to buy and scan it as always, and I hope that with Xevious help, I'll can post it fastest than this one.

http://imgbox.com/g/BTaFLWfeue

Thank's to Xevious by the help.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:11 pm

tomac66 wrote:Hi, here you have the vol 4 in Japanese, this time was so long because I'm very busy at work.

This volume was possible with the help of Xevious, I scanned the pages and he edited it.

You can enjot it now, the vol 5 is going to be released in a few days, I'm going to buy and scan it as always, and I hope that with Xevious help, I'll can post it fastest than this one.

http://imgbox.com/g/BTaFLWfeue

Thank's Tomac and Xevious, I went ahead and created a download link for you: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am7KPhmlZRCEgwmxF5DIGFRMmClN
Can't wait till volume 5 and Bardock After :D

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Volume 5 in Chinese until we get better scans by Tomac!
https://www.facebook.com/Dragon-Ball-Fa ... 3429972040

tomac66
Beyond Newbie

Post by tomac66 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:21 am

Hi, here you have the vol 5 in Japanese.

http://imgbox.com/g/kWiABlYDcb

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:05 pm

tomac66 wrote:Hi, here you have the vol 5 in Japanese.

http://imgbox.com/g/kWiABlYDcb

Thanks Tomac and Xevious!

saiyanvegetable
Temporarily Banned

Post by saiyanvegetable » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:33 pm

That was the Goku vs Vegeta confrontation we need, not the one we deserve :(

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:52 pm

DB After 4 English translation from Chinese, (pages will be up soon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiluuBdZBhk

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:54 pm

So does Vegeta have something like SS 2.5 in this?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Regarder wrote:So does Vegeta have something like SS 2.5 in this?
Its Kaio-ken combined with SS2, his base is lower than Goku's so he combines KK with SS2 to increase his power to make up the x4 increase between 2 and 3 and his own gap with Goku.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:03 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Regarder wrote:So does Vegeta have something like SS 2.5 in this?
Its Kaio-ken combined with SS2, his base is lower than Goku's so he combines KK with SS2 to increase his power to make up the x4 increase between 2 and 3 and his own gap with Goku.
Ah that explains why he's going to King Kai. Just looking at that bit.

It raises a lot of questions about why Goku never did it (that Super answered), of course.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Regarder wrote:Ah that explains why he's going to King Kai. Just looking at that bit.

It raises a lot of questions about why Goku never did it (that Super answered), of course.
I messed up, Vegeta is actually raising his SS1 power with KK to overtake Goku. The story itself doesn't explicitly say this but it seems to imply that Goku did experiment with combining KK but decided to move on to SS2 and 3 instead of looking back to the past. Vegeta went through all of Goku's training from King Kai and upwards to learn where Goku's getting things right and he isn't so he's got the post-Boo saga knowledge concerning the SS states and is combining them with past lessons while Goku never bothered to retrace his old steps.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:49 am

This manga is decent, the artwork is very good but I just can't stand the fact they decided to put power levels to explain the difference in power and also Vegeta explaining how SSJ multipliers work was not needed and could have been done better.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: I messed up, Vegeta is actually raising his SS1 power with KK to overtake Goku. The story itself doesn't explicitly say this but it seems to imply that Goku did experiment with combining KK but decided to move on to SS2 and 3 instead of looking back to the past. Vegeta went through all of Goku's training from King Kai and upwards to learn where Goku's getting things right and he isn't so he's got the post-Boo saga knowledge concerning the SS states and is combining them with past lessons while Goku never bothered to retrace his old steps.
Okay, taking his KK plan into consideration, why does
[spoiler]Vegeta fight as a 10 and then 20 times KK SS and then suddenly drop that plan to fight as SS3 if he was winning?[/spoiler]

I'm really interested in getting a translation of this stuff.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:55 am

Regarder wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I messed up, Vegeta is actually raising his SS1 power with KK to overtake Goku. The story itself doesn't explicitly say this but it seems to imply that Goku did experiment with combining KK but decided to move on to SS2 and 3 instead of looking back to the past. Vegeta went through all of Goku's training from King Kai and upwards to learn where Goku's getting things right and he isn't so he's got the post-Boo saga knowledge concerning the SS states and is combining them with past lessons while Goku never bothered to retrace his old steps.
Okay, taking his KK plan into consideration, why does
[spoiler]Vegeta fight as a 10 and then 20 times KK SS and then suddenly drop that plan to fight as SS3 if he was winning?[/spoiler]

I'm really interested in getting a translation of this stuff.
There is a translation you can find on the Dragon Ball AF Facebook group, they have the first three volumes in English and the last two untranslated.

Vegeta's strategy, from what I remember, is that he keeps himself at a constant X10 boost so Goku can't just smash him into dirt and uses gradual increases to momentarily get to times 20 before powering back down he doesn't burn himself out. Afterward, once Goku's spent a good deal of his SS3 power, Vegeta uses that to take him on evenly.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:46 am

Afterward, once Goku's spent a good deal of his SS3 power, Vegeta uses that to take him on evenly.
I'd think Vegeta would have used up loads of his power from going Super Kaioken and also have a weak SS3. It would make sense if the idea is that SS3 is a whole separate reservoir of power, so as soon as Vegeta goes SS3 he has the full fresh SS3 power but I think that would probably contradict the canon somewhere.

Oh well, it's still a good comic. Beautifully drawn.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Volume 6 cover:

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:36 pm

DB After 6 should be soon it's starting to pop up.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:26 am

emperior wrote:This manga is decent, the artwork is very good but I just can't stand the fact they decided to put power levels to explain the difference in power and also Vegeta explaining how SSJ multipliers work was not needed and could have been done better.
Also, I was a bit peeved when it was revealed that the saiyans surpassed Freeza in base form. Also this comic is annoyingly pandering to Vegeta and his family.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:20 am

Gog wrote:
emperior wrote:This manga is decent, the artwork is very good but I just can't stand the fact they decided to put power levels to explain the difference in power and also Vegeta explaining how SSJ multipliers work was not needed and could have been done better.
Also, I was a bit peeved when it was revealed that the saiyans surpassed Freeza in base form. Also this comic is annoyingly pandering to Vegeta and his family.
It's just plain bad storytelling. It doesn't feel like a sequel to the manga, which completely discarded power levels after Namek. It made me cringe.
Not to mention the story of this fan-manga is uninspired, such a shame a good artist like Young Jijii is being wasted on a poor story like that.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical