"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Jesus, I go on vacation for just one day, and look at all the spoilers that appeared! Saw the bit about Zamasu being the one from the present yesterday, but had no time to post about it here...if I did, probably would've been something along the lines of "I called it bitches, lol", 'cause I'd been drinking a little :P

But now that I'm home and sober, I must say I CALLED...*ahem* I mean, yes this revelation fell perfectly in line with my expectations. It seemed to me when Zamasu was "destroyed" that there was still more to his plan that we hadn't seen yet, and he'd possibly managed to survive (or has a way to bring himself back to life). Can't wait to see what his big "according to plan" moment turns out to be :D

If that wasn't enough to get me hyped, then the title/summary spoilers came right after :o Biggest point of interest there is the Fusion revelation. Wonder what he'll look like, and what his name will be (It was pointed out earlier that the two 17s merged into Super 17 in GT... would be appropriate given this series' title. Or would they do something cutesy like Zama2? Or is Black really so into being Gokuu that the name would be Zamakuu or Gomasu?) Love the arrogance on display in the "praise and adore me!" episode title...trust me, I already do!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:39 pm

sailorspazz wrote:Wonder what he'll look like, and what his name will be (It was pointed out earlier that the two 17s merged into Super 17 in GT... would be appropriate given this series' title. Or would they do something cutesy like Zama2? Or is Black really so into being Gokuu that the name would be Zamakuu or Gomasu?) Love the arrogance on display in the "praise and adore me!" episode title...trust me, I already do!
The episode supposedly already tells us his name, "Merged Zamasu".

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:40 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:If the dub really is as close as you say to confirmation it should of been announced at NYCC it is the last big convention for the year. I highly doubt it gets announced before next year.
It's possible they may announce it on Twitter out of the Super Saiyan Blue, no? Xenoverse 2 came out of nowhere, I believe.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 pm

kinisking wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Helios518 wrote:
Not according to that. Black (at best) is probably only strong enough to win 1v1 against SSJB I doubt he could beat two of them at once.
All forms of Super Saiyan are multiplers of a Saiyan's base form. The higher the base, the stronger they are when they transformed. Even if Super Saiyan Rose is only equal to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in power, Black is still stronger since his base form is much stronger than Goku and Vegeta's base forms.

And he probably could beat both of them at once since Goku couldn't even touch him the last time they fought.
I'm pretty sure SSR is blacks version of the regular super saiyan
If you mean super saiyan blue i agree if not hell no!! No way a SSJ would be able to take out a ssgss

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Funimation has no licensing ties to Xenoverse 2 so of course it would just be a twitter announcement. :/

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:44 pm

They better not take Merged Zamas as real name or they have officially beaten Golden Freeza with their name giving.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:46 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:If you mean super saiyan blue i agree if not hell no!! No way a SSJ would be able to take out a ssgss
It is his version of Super Saiyan. A recent scan had confirmed that.
rs_chaosmaster wrote:Funimation has no licensing ties to Xenoverse 2 so of course it would just be a twitter announcement. :/
The announcement of Xenoverse 2 as a whole essentially came out of nowhere. That's what I meant.
Cetra wrote:They better not take Merged Zamas as real name or they have officially beaten Golden Freeza with their name giving.
Aww, but I like Golden Freeza! It's simple and easy.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:49 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:
kinisking wrote:
HeroR wrote:
All forms of Super Saiyan are multiplers of a Saiyan's base form. The higher the base, the stronger they are when they transformed. Even if Super Saiyan Rose is only equal to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in power, Black is still stronger since his base form is much stronger than Goku and Vegeta's base forms.

And he probably could beat both of them at once since Goku couldn't even touch him the last time they fought.
I'm pretty sure SSR is blacks version of the regular super saiyan
If you mean super saiyan blue i agree if not hell no!! No way a SSJ would be able to take out a ssgss
His base is higher so his ssj will be higher.

I like Golden freeza too. Much better than Super saiyan blue imo.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:53 pm

alakazam^ wrote: The episode supposedly already tells us his name, "Merged Zamasu".
Maybe he'll say that first out of simplicity, but he seems to enjoy being more flashy, like with the whole Rosé thing. Just being "merged Zamasu" seems a bit too plain...but maybe the following episode's "supreme god" is actually the name/title he chooses for himself (since he'd see being referred to as a mere Kaioushin as being beneath him in his merged form).
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Cetra wrote:They better not take Merged Zamas as real name or they have officially beaten Golden Freeza with their name giving.
Piccolo is still Piccolo after merging with Kami. Goku called him Kamiccolo but he didn't like it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:01 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:While this seems very likely it doesn't mean anything unfortunately. The Buu Saga for Kai already had its international release a year ago and in the US their is still nothing. Funimation and Toei need to get their act together this is becoming absolute BS!!!

Also not 100% sure on this but I expect Funimation to brand it as Dragon Ball Z Super.
Dragon Ball GT wasn't renamed Dragon Ball ZGT. What's your basis for this guess? And regarding the release date, "International" doesn't necessarily mean US. Several other countries have already announced their dubs. I wouldn't expect any activity from Funimation anytime soon.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Piccolo is still Piccolo after merging with Kami. Goku called him Kamiccolo but he didn't like it.
Yes because he retained the consciousness of "Piccolo" but which consciousness will the fusion of Zamas and Black retain? Or will it be a collective? Or will it be a complete new individual, destroying both through the merger?

That is something we already talked about some pages ago.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Cetra wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Yes because he retained the consciousness of "Piccolo" but which consciousness will the fusion of Zamas and Black retain? Or will it be a collective? Or will it be a complete new individual, destroying both through the merger?

That is something we already talked about some pages ago.
Since both consciousness are Zamasu, nothing would change, only the power and immortality.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Cetra wrote:but which consciousness will the fusion of Zamas and Black retain?
Does it matter? They have the same mind.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Sandubadear wrote: Since both consciousness are Zamasu, nothing would change, only the power and immortality.
But it would change (in terms of existential questions). Two Zamas are still two people. Psychologically spoken when they both have an individual ego they are two people. Just like your clone is not you but his own person. If they would fuse into one and both cease to exist, no matter if that fusion would think identical, it would be another, new Zamas. And not them. And that is the point. Which is why I wonder how they will pull off the fusion. It being a collective or really a new one or, or, or ...

Oh and they do not literally have the "same" mind. Metaphorically yes but not literally. A mathemtics professor of mine brought up a ver good example about words like those once. I do not know how to translate it though.
Last edited by Cetra on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:What's your basis for this guess? And regarding the release date, "International" doesn't necessarily mean US. Several other countries have already announced their dubs. I wouldn't expect any activity from Funimation anytime soon.
Dragon Ball Kai being named Dragon Ball Z Kai. Toei and Funimation both being obsessed with that Z Branding. Was their any point to this 2nd part of the statement since you just agreed with what i said. LOL

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Cetra wrote:And not them. And that is the point. Which is why I wonder how they will pull off the fusion. It being a collective or really a new one or, or, or ...
That doesn't matter. It'll still be one Zamasu with the same ambition and features mixed with Goku.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:21 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Cetra wrote:And not them. And that is the point. Which is why I wonder how they will pull off the fusion. It being a collective or really a new one or, or, or ...
That doesn't matter. It'll still be one Zamasu with the same ambition and features mixed with Goku.
It does matter to me.

If I want to achieve something but I give up my existence just so someone is created that is like me but it is not me then it matters to me.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Cetra wrote:If I want to achieve something but i give up my existence just so someone is created that is like me but it is not me then it matters to me.
He was willing to comply with Black in the first place; who was him. Zamasu would more than likely be fine with someone else (him) accomplishing his goal, seeing as he agrees to fuse in the first place. It's still Zamasu at the end of the day.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:25 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Cetra wrote:If I want to achieve something but i give up my existence just so someone is created that is like me but it is not me then it matters to me.
He was willing to comply with Black in the first place; who was him. Zamasu would more than likely be fine with someone else (him) accomplishing his goal, seeing as he agrees to fuse in the first place. It's still Zamasu at the end of the day.
I am afraid you do not understand this from a psychological view because it is not "literally him". He is one Zamas and the other one is another Zamas.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy