"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Cetra wrote:I am afraid you do not understand this from a psychological view because it is not "literally him".
Don't tell me I don't understand when I understand completely. Zamasu would have more chances of accomplishing his goal if he were to fuse with Black rather than be alone. Like I said, it's the reason he even agreed to be in cahoots in the first place.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:31 pm

ryou766 wrote: Don't tell me I don't understand when I understand completely.
You seem to say that a lot and yet you use terms that go against the dynamics of personality. The "single Zamas" cannot achieve anything anymore if he ceases to exist by creating a new one. Do you understand that? If it is not revealed to be a collective consciousness, then they are dead by merging into one person that just thinks like them. And that is why I wanted to know how they are gonna show they fusion because that is a significant difference.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:32 pm

Cetra wrote:The "single Zamas" cannot achieve anything anymore if he ceases to exist by creating a new one. And that is why I wanted to know how they are gonna show they fusion because that is a significant difference.
That single Zamasu does achieve something by being apart of a fusion that ultimately will have better chances of accomplishing his goal than he did as a single person.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:34 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Cetra wrote:The "single Zamas" cannot achieve anything anymore if he ceases to exist by creating a new one. And that is why I wanted to know how they are gonna show they fusion because that is a significant difference.
That single Zamasu does achieve something by being apart of a fusion that ultimately will have better chances of accomplishing his goal than he did as a single person.
Only if he would still exist at that time and be aware and that is what we do not know.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Cetra wrote:Only if he would still exist at that time and be aware and that is what we do not know.
If they used the Potara, which they most likely will, they will have one mind that shares the ideologies/memories of the two people that created the fusion. It isn't like Piccolo and Nail/Kami's fusion where they are able to choose who has the dominant mind.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:37 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Cetra wrote:Only if he would still exist at that time and be aware and that is what we do not know.
If they used the Potara, which they most likely will, they will have one mind that shares the ideologies/memories of the two people that created the fusion. It isn't like Piccolo and Nail/Kami's fusion where they are able to choose who has the dominant mind.
The Potara was more like it had different effects in the three cases we ever witnessed and if it really is one mind, then, just as I said, that one Zamas will be gone. You seem like it would be okay for you to vanish into a person that thinks like you.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Cetra wrote:Zamas will be gone. You seem like it would be okay for you to vanish into a person that thinks like you.
You don't get the point here. Zamasu will still be able to achieve his goals as he's partly responsible for the creation of the end result. And yes, I WOULD be fine with it; because it's because of me that the fusion even happened in the first place. Part of ME will exist in THAT person. Zamasu clearly has no problem with it, either.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Cetra wrote:Zamas will be gone. You seem like it would be okay for you to vanish into a person that thinks like you.
You don't get the point here. Zamasu will still be able to achieve his goals as he's partly responsible for the creation of the end result. And yes, I WOULD be fine with it; because it's because of me that the fusion even happened in the first place. Part of ME will exist in THAT person. Zamasu clearly has no problem with it, either.
So you would give up your existence, your self-awareness for that? Wow.

EDIT because of the second next post: That is not how psychology works. But if you want to be gone just to give birth to someone "like you who is not you" and lose your self-awareness, okay. Be aware, that is what we are. The ego is the instance that perceives reality. So you are gone completely with giving up this essence.
Last edited by Cetra on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:What's your basis for this guess? And regarding the release date, "International" doesn't necessarily mean US. Several other countries have already announced their dubs. I wouldn't expect any activity from Funimation anytime soon.
Dragon Ball Kai being named Dragon Ball Z Kai. Toei and Funimation both being obsessed with that Z Branding. Was their any point to this 2nd part of the statement since you just agreed with what i said. LOL
Kai was just Z uncut. So keeping Z made sense.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Cetra wrote:So you would give up your existence, your self-awareness for that? Wow.
You mean to reach new heights of power and become steps closer to achieving my ultimate goal like Zamasu? Yes.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:45 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Noah wrote:No, actually they didn't give any, Gohan lack of interest in Future Trunks and Goten being absent are just assumptions made by us.
Piccolo warned Trunks that Gohan wasn't a fighter and Trunks never acted like something was up. Gohan doesn't know he had to ask him anything and, for him, Trunks is just a guy he met years back and helped with the current threat, they aren't buddies.

Chichi made Goten study because he's having a test.
Gohan being a scholar, having a wife and child was not something that could prevent him to hear news from his family or pay a visit like he did in the last arcs, hell he could even know by Piccolo, his lack of interest in his friends safety is questionable, as for Goten even if he had to study for days, you could say Trunks wouldn't tell him what the heck is happening? "I met myself from the future, cool huh?" and that could engage in something. I know their absence are It is purposely not to wear Nozawa so much, I'm just saying they could elaborate more.
Hellspawn28 wrote:I doubt it. I remember it was Toei that pick "Dragon Ball Z Kai" for Kai outside of Japan, not Funimation.
Do you have a source on that?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Noah wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:
Noah wrote:No, actually they didn't give any, Gohan lack of interest in Future Trunks and Goten being absent are just assumptions made by us.
Piccolo warned Trunks that Gohan wasn't a fighter and Trunks never acted like something was up. Gohan doesn't know he had to ask him anything and, for him, Trunks is just a guy he met years back and helped with the current threat, they aren't buddies.

Chichi made Goten study because he's having a test.
Gohan being a scholar, having a wife and child was not something that could prevent him to hear news from his family or pay a visit like he did in the last arcs, hell he could even know by Piccolo, his lack of interest in his friends safety is questionable, as for Goten even if he had to study for days, you could say Trunks wouldn't tell him what the heck is happening? "I met myself from the future, cool huh?" and that could engage in something. I know their absence are It is purposely not to wear Nozawa so much, I'm just saying they could elaborate more.
Hellspawn28 wrote:I doubt it. I remember it was Toei that pick "Dragon Ball Z Kai" for Kai outside of Japan, not Funimation.
Do you have a source on that?
Goten pretty much knows what's going on though. Even if he did what would he do? Not even present trunks is going to the future.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:02 pm

Noah wrote:Gohan being a scholar, having a wife and child was not something that could prevent him to hear news from his family or pay a visit like he did in the last arcs, hell he could even know by Piccolo, his lack of interest in his friends safety is questionable, as for Goten even if he had to study for days, you could say Trunks wouldn't tell him what the heck is happening? "I met myself from the future, cool huh?" and that could engage in something. I know their absence are It is purposely not to wear Nozawa so much, I'm just saying they could elaborate more.
The thing is, Gohan doesn't need to talk to his family every day and there's no reason to think they aren't safe. Remember that we're in day 2 since Trunks returned.

Maybe Trunks and Goten don't talk over the phone and Trunks has been too busy with trying to impress Mai or something.

I don't know if it's because of Nozawa but they don't need to use everyone all the time and they did explain anyway, you just weren't satisfied with it and were being unfair.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Just don't call their merged form if they do have one, Zamasu Black Zamasu, and I think it'll be just fine.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:49 pm

So Zamasu and black gonna merge.. holy shit... how they going kill them? if future zamasu has a immortal body?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:28 am

vashter wrote:So Zamasu and black gonna merge.. holy shit... how they going kill them? if future zamasu has a immortal body?
Maybe when they fuse the immortal state resets, as they make a new being.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

mawilex
Beyond Newbie

Post by mawilex » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:39 am

I think Gosu could work out as a pretty cool name for this Goku Black / Zamasu fusion. "Go" means "enlightenment" in Japanese and "Su" can mean "long life" or "longetivity", which is fitting with how Zamasu wants to "enlighten" the world (sort of...), with Zamasu being immortal and with the Potaras' effect lasting forever.

Anyway, I'm totally fine with Merged Zamasu as a "name" for their fusion. Now what I'm really excited about is the actual design of the fusion, and to see if I actually got it right with my concept. x)

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:42 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Present Zamasu being Black makes no sense and probably never will.
Don't say something like that, the episode hasn't even premiered yet. My hypothesis at the moment is that "Present" Zamasu is actually from the present of a hidden timeline.

I'm all for being critical, but not by saying something won't make sense before we even know the details.
Retired.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:13 am

Guys (and gals, though I don't mean it in a gender specific way), start using the preview button to check your posts before clicking submit. Give them a read through to double check your grammar, and to make sure you aren't posting a chain of broken quotes.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:59 am

My vote to BLAMASU,
It's silly enough. A Zamasu that... BLAM! you.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.