Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation

Post by sangofe » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: There's not much content in Super that really needs to be edited out to even begin with.
I dunno man Rosé Black is too beautiful they may need to censor him... :P
So they'll pixelate his face hair or put a giant censor bar over his pink hair? :lol:
They've edited out all of the pervy stuff so far from the hebrew and portugese dubs... and the edits have been the same...

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:54 am

http://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-france/
Dragon Ball Super sera donc diffusée sur Toonami (Canal 77 chez Orange, Canal 211 chez Numéricable, Canal 104 chez Bouygues, Canal 109 sur Free et Cana 131 chez SFR)

- Le doublage s'arrête (pour l'instant) à l'épisode 52.
Dragon Ball Super will be broadcasted on Toonami (channel 77 at Orange, channel 211 chez Numéricable, channel 104 at Bouygues, channel 109 at Free and channel 131 at SFR)

The dubbing has currently stopped at episode 52.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:39 pm

This is so good news. In Italy, we will finally have our old DBZ voices back! The movies were dubbed by other people so we didn't like them here in Italy.
I already know this will be a huge success in Italy, hopefully they will find a new voice for Goku similar to our old one (who unfortunately died)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:43 pm

emperior wrote:The movies were dubbed by other people so we didn't like them here in Italy.
The old movies or the new ones?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:02 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
emperior wrote:The movies were dubbed by other people so we didn't like them here in Italy.
The old movies or the new ones?
The new ones: BoG and RoF
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:04 pm

emperior wrote: The new ones: BoG and RoF
Oh, those! Who were they dubbed by? Were they that bad?

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:56 pm

nite_jay wrote: The only thing they could cut is the swear words. :lol: But I remember Super using more swears words like shit than before. (Unless they are just bad subs)
The level of language of Super isn't really much different from other Dragon Ball series. Japanese swear words generally aren't that harsh, and it's pretty much up to the translator to decide what feels like the best fit for the show (for example, "kuso" might be translated as "shit" for an adult oriented series, but "damn" in something aimed at a younger audience). There are certain fan translations that go for the harshest equivalents possible to make the show seem more hardcore and adult (those infamous AnimeLab subs back in the day were just ridiculous :lol: ). So it's not necessarily an issue of mistranslating, just making questionable choices given that the material is for young people.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I dunno man Rosé Black is too beautiful they may need to censor him... :P
Can't decide if he'd be offended by that since he's a narcissist who wants as many people to see him as possible, or he'd prefer it since our unworthy mortal eyes don't even deserve to look upon him :lol:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
emperior wrote: The new ones: BoG and RoF
Oh, those! Who were they dubbed by? Were they that bad?

Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad, but voices sounded all too similar in my opinion.
They used very professional dubbers too, who dub famous hollywood actors/movies. They were all from Rome, in fact they were the first who dubbed Dragon Ball Z in Italy, when the first movies and OVAs arrived. But they are not used to dub anime while the team from Milan who dubbed all DB, DBZ, DBGT and all the movies except the last two, are much more used to dub animes as they dub One Piece, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokèmon and many others.

Also every single person who grew up watching DBZ in Italy is used to "our" voices from Milan. The last two movies would have been so much more of a success in Italy if we heard our voices from the serie in the advertisements. Our DBZ dub was so good also because they tried to imitate Japanese voices. The guy who dubbed Goku in the new movies had a very manly voice, not something Goku-like. Also some usage of words like Gohan calling Piccolo "Signor Piccolo" (would be like calling him Sir Piccolo) were questionable and we didn't like it, sounded way too weird. I get that they did so because in Japan Gohan refers to Piccolo as Piccolo-sama, but almost nobody here in Italy calls other Sir, let alone a guy you know since you were 3. We also have another way to speak formally to a person.

I leave you this piece of awesomeness our Vegeta did back when it was announced BoG would have been dubbed by the Rome team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPpPLOGDwBY
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:43 pm

The French dub currently has 47 episodes recorded. 5 more are to be recorded in December.

Patrick Borg (French VA for Goku) announced at Paris Games Week that Super will begin airing in February 2017 in France, and also states 70 episodes will air.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:11 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:The French dub currently has 47 episodes recorded. 5 more are to be recorded in December.

Patrick Borg (French VA for Goku) announced at Paris Games Week that Super will begin airing in February 2017 in France, and also states 70 episodes will air.
Awesome. Have you got a link for this? Possibly a video?

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:41 pm

sangofe wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:The French dub currently has 47 episodes recorded. 5 more are to be recorded in December.

Sure.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBZcom/statu ... 13/video/1

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:17 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:
sangofe wrote:

Sure.

Thanks, he did say they have dubbed "some 30 episodes" though, and not 47. And I know Legrand said Vegeta's fought both Cabba and Frost...

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:33 am

sangofe wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Sure.

Thanks, he did say they have dubbed "some 30 episodes" though, and not 47. And I know Legrand said Vegeta's fought both Cabba and Frost...
I got the 47 from here:

Unless he's saying 47 have been translated?.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:22 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
sangofe wrote:
I got the 47 from here:

Unless he's saying 47 have been translated?.
Yeah, that does say 47 episodes. Borg said 30-something episodes (what I meant to write), though.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 pm

The Brazilian Portuguese dub is seeming to be produced now, but under confidenciality. There is already a topic for it:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38192

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:59 am

Anyone know if the Hebrew dub is still airing new episodes?.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:40 pm

wjbraden wrote: -France on unknown channel.
It's certainly not unknown. It's airing both on Toonami: censored and uncut versions, with pal speed up. And on nt1, uncut only, without pal speed up: https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-vf-nt1/

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:43 pm

sangofe wrote:
wjbraden wrote: -France on unknown channel.
It's certainly not unknown. It's airing both on Toonami: censored and uncut versions, with pal speed up. And on nt1, uncut only, without pal speed up: https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-vf-nt1/
Sorry about that, I haven't updated the list for a long, long time. All information should be current now.
DBZ_Lee wrote:Anyone know if the Hebrew dub is still airing new episodes?.
Nick Israel is still airing reruns of the first 52 episodes, so not yet.

Also, I just wanted to point out that I'm keeping a list of all the international DB dubs in a spreadsheet that's open and editable for anyone, as long as they have this link: https://goo.gl/Zay3za . Feel free to check it out or fix anything that doesn't seem right!
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.