Future Trunks' new form!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Friezacooler
Regular

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:15 pm

nite_jay wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:
nite_jay wrote:

What's the big difference?
Watch BOG over and over again, till you understand the difference in power gap between regular ki and God ki.
What about RoF, though? I'm pretty sure Freeza didn't have God ki.
frieza is a different prodigy then the Saiyan's. Trunks has never been something special unlike Goku, Gohan and Vegeta. So for Trunks to achieve something Goku and Vegeta couldn't reeks of fanboyism.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Friezacooler wrote: Trunks has never been something special unlike Goku, Gohan and Vegeta.
Uh, no. As a half-breed he has incrediable potential like Gohan did, Future Trunks has been able to make good leaps and bounds throughout his life, his only problems with it has been that he always went about it the wrng way thus the power he recives only ends up backfireing.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:39 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
nite_jay wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:
Watch BOG over and over again, till you understand the difference in power gap between regular ki and God ki.
What about RoF, though? I'm pretty sure Freeza didn't have God ki.
frieza is a different prodigy then the Saiyan's. Trunks has never been something special unlike Goku, Gohan and Vegeta. So for Trunks to achieve something Goku and Vegeta couldn't reeks of fanboyism.
Trunks is a prodigy but his circumstances are always terrible. He was a SSJ at an age way before his dad or Goku could even comprehend a power similar but he was up against 2 androids stronger than anybody had ever faced. He came into the RoSaT weaker than Vegeta and came out just as strong, but Perfect Cell was way too strong for both of them. Even now, he's gonna get a great power boost but fail because of how strong Black and Zamasu are.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:it seems they take the power level's are bull**** meme a little to serious, and went retard mode on this one. Hope the manga has a logical explanation behind this power up, it doesn't make sense for trunks to achieve a power up that high without whis staff or god ki.
Wait Meme?, i thougth that it was actually true :lol: that's why i don't take this too seriously, for me it's just a rage boost like Vegeta's my Bulma, with the difference that this rage boost looks actually pretty cool :think:
There is a big diffrence between Vegeta's situation and Trunks asspull power up, but someone with a username like yours proply wouldn't notice the difference.
Vegeta got a rage boost because Bulma got bitchslapped in front of him, while Trunks got a rage boost because he came to the realization that after all he did trying to help, he made things worse, now put yourself in Trunks's shoes and imagine what would be to remember your mother's death and other terrible things and then realize that it might be your fault? and that the onethat made you think about it is the asshole that is ruining your world.

I clearly understand the difference as you see, thanks for using ad hominem by judging me for my name.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
nite_jay wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:
There is a big diffrence between Vegeta's situation and Trunks asspull power up, but someone with a username like yours proply wouldn't notice the difference.

What's the big difference?
Pretty much like Vegeta's rage boost made him fight for a while, exactly what's happening right now with Trunks, unless you assume that somehow Trunks is going to win this fight.

dbgtFO wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:00 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
I clearly understand the difference as you see, thanks for using ad hominem by judging me for my name.
I'm pretty sure that it isn't an ad hominem unless the insult is his argument. In this instance, he isnt using an ad hominem, he's just throwing an insult after not really making an argument.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Kanassa wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
I'm pretty sure that it isn't an ad hominem unless the insult is his argument. In this instance, he isnt using an ad hominem, he's just throwing an insult after not really making an argument.
I thought that he did as he said:"but someone with a username like yours proply wouldn't notice the difference". Assuming (if i'm not wrong) that i was in denial or something like that based on my username.But you're actually right, i've begun making assumptions too soon, who knows?, he may be just joking and i got buthurt about it :lol: .

dbgtFO wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:28 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
I thought that he did as he said:"but someone with a username like yours proply wouldn't notice the difference". Assuming (if i'm not wrong) that i was in denial or something like that based on my username.But you're actually right, i've begun making assumptions too soon, who knows?, he may be just joking and i got buthurt about it :lol: .
His assumption that you were in denial was the insult, but the argument was ''There is a big diffrence between Vegeta's situation and Trunks asspull power up'' (Which makes for a poor argument because he doesn't expand upon the difference in question). So, not an ad hominem, but still stupid :D

Kanassa wrote:

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Riczi » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:10 am

It's Super Saiyan Yellow. Or Gold.
:mrgreen:

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:06 am

We have to remember the at the time of BoG, it as at least 5 years since Vegeta achieved SSJ2 transformation. And I think we can assume that he trained hard during this all years. So probably he mastered SSJ2 like Trunks in the manga, that's why when he was angry he could have such a power boost.

And speaking about F Trunks, he trained for some time with Kaioshins, so he had some contact with Gods so maybe the God Ki isn't so unfamiliar to him as we think ; )

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:32 am

The explanation was awesome... not even his dad was confused what's going ln with jos godly ki.

But hey who cares it looks awesome.

Funny that some people compare it to SS 2 or 3.

3 was at least explained a bit... and 2 was built up and the goal of the whole Cell arc.

I do not even need a deep explanation but just some throw ins by Vegeta or someone else as it has been done after Gohan transformed or Goku

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:37 am

hold3n wrote:What form do you think Future Trunks achieved in DBS episode 61? The legendary super saiyan form, super saiyan blue 2, super saiyan blue for half-breeds, or an entirely new transformation? Put what you think below.

Personally, I think it is super saiyan two with god ki, but I would love to hear you're guys' opinions.
I share your opinion.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:07 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I think it's just like Vegeta's "mutated" SSJ1/2 form in Battle Of Gods (Film and Super). He doesn't have Godly ki in at all, he's just monstrously strong enough to break through the barrier that prevents mortal for doing any serious damage to Godly ki users.
This may been the best explanation. I fully agree with this.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:23 am

Trunks' transformation is most likely a transformation specific to him only. But i think we should wait a few more episodes to complain about no explanation to the form.

I mean demanding a explanation right now, is a bit stupid. They are in the middle of a fight and most likely even Vegeta and Goku have no idea what kind of transformation Trunks attained, heck even Trunks himself proly doesnt know what actually happened. All he feels is he got a massive power boost and he can go toe to toe with Black and Zamasu.

If no mention of the form is ever made after the fight is over, aka Zamasu is defeated, then ye you can complain.

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:42 am

buutenks wrote:Trunks' transformation is most likely a transformation specific to him only. But i think we should wait a few more episodes to complain about no explanation to the form.
I agree, until we get more information on the matter, I don't think there's any point complaining/arguing whether this new state is just a rage boost or a completely new form.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:05 am

After Trunks gained his pupils and his irides back, I'm of the mindset that this random transformation of his is a hybrid of the original Super Saiyan transformation and the SSB transformation, based on how it looks. He's still powerful as all hell tho, lol. I think the new, different transformation was a better move than say, him just turning into a SSB just from rage, as that may have been seen as quite formulaic (or as some put it, an "asspull").

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:26 am

And still no explanation

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:20 am

But it has been shown to not simply be a one-off transformation, as he clearly fought Black with it this episode.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:44 am

Maybe, it's just Super Saiyan 2 Full Power from the mangas, but the mangas showed it earlier.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:52 am

Will wrote:Maybe, it's just Super Saiyan 2 Full Power from the mangas, but the mangas showed it earlier.
Yeah and that's why the Blue goidlike aura and him being able to get some hits on Black...

While even in the MANGA it was equal to Super Saiyan 3