Do you think there are alternate versions of Zeno?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Do you think there are alternate versions of Zeno?

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:50 pm

So, I think we're all more or less familiar with how time travel works in Dragon Ball. When you travel through time, you create an alternate reality parallel to the one you're from, thereby leading to alternate versions of you, and seemingly everyone else in the multiverse. That still begs the question, are there alternate versions of the Omni-King himself? We know that there are alternate versions of the Gods of Destruction and the Kaioshins, but is Zeno also affected by this, or do you think his status as the top dog of the multiverse somehow makes him immune to the laws of time travel?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Do you think there are alternate versions of Zeno?

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:04 pm

I think there are alternate versions of Zeno because of time travel. There's no evidence saying there isn't, since we've seen alternate versions of Gowasu and Zamasu

Alehandrew

Post by Alehandrew » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:10 pm

I think it's a 50/50 and could go either way. He is the King of EVERYTHING, possibly including time? Sort of like what the silver time ring does but built into him. On the other hand it's all just a guess and maybe there are multiples of him just like every other character.

I really hope it gets explored soon.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Zeno is definitely above the laws of existence.

How could he be King of Everything, if he wouldn't be able to control any other Zeno?

Imagine if one of the Zenos was for some reason a rebel, and the real one wouldn't be able to stop him. Direct contradiction of 'everything'.

This is why I believe that we have only one Zeno.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:02 pm

We we're kinda given the answer to this question in the last manga chapter.

[spoiler]It was said that when a new timeline is created, it affects all Universes. Zeno should be included, unless there's an exception to him alone, which I doubt.[/spoiler]

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:23 pm

LightBing wrote:We we're kinda given the answer to this question in the last manga chapter.

[spoiler]It was said that when a new timeline is created, it affects all Universes. Zeno should be included, unless there's an exception to him alone, which I doubt.[/spoiler]
I understood that, it's the only way to explain why there are multiple Zamasus. Still, that doesn't necessarily confirm that the King of Everything himself would be affected by it, especially since he doesn't seem to be from a particular universe.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:15 pm

I think Zeno might function along the lines of The Living Tribunal from Marvel, in that he is one single being omnipresent throughout time & space acting whenever he needs to. The reason why he hasn't stopped Zamasu & Black is yet is because he has yet to be summoned by Goku with the Zeno button given to him several episodes earlier, he probably feels that Goku should have time to 'play' before he actually needs legit aid.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Anything that exists within time is affected by it..

To understand this, the very fact that Zeno exists, can be seen by photons bouncing off him in real time, heard by vibrating molecules again in real time and is moving around in a certain given time is proof he is bound by the laws of time..

( one can argue about whis time bending powers but what we don't know is, is his body changing to 3min early state too when he reverts time back.. I would presume yes, as his body reverts in the previous position..
Hit could be explained by the fact time may not be a continuous thick flow.. It can split, tunneled into ( trunks travelling back in time )and divided but it's flow is always forward..
Hit finds the little tunnels of inconsistencies in the flow.. And as he improves it he is better at finding and connecting them.. Aside from this he is still totally bound by time all other time )

When a timeline is created time stream splits.. Different possiblity of an event happening is the cause and for that to happen the thing concerning both the events should be present in both the timelines.. Thus in effect duplicating itself in the process..

Either that or the manga chapter provides you with some insight on how timeline split affects everything.. Nobody is stated to be out of this rule if I am not mistaken
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:51 am

As the highest being in existence, he probably exists outside the flow of time. Therefore, there's probably only one Zeno.

However, this could be the source on the gods' taboos against time travel. It may be forbidden by Zeno specifically because he doesn't want equally-powerful alternate versions of himself brought into existence.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:33 am

Zillamon51 wrote:As the highest being in existence
Akira says hi.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)