Do you think Android 16 was revived?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Do you think Android 16 was revived?

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:11 pm

I would say yes, as Android 8 was also revived after Buu destroyed the Earth.

Besides, 16 very much seemed to have a soul, albeit an artificial one.

So what do you think? Was 16 revived with everyone else after the Cell Games?
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Do you think Android 16 was revived?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:15 pm

#8 was most likely used to be human similar to how #17 and #18 which is why he was brought back. I doubt #16 was brought back seeing that we would have know about it by now. Not to mention it seems likely that being that are 100% robotic have no soul.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:18 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:#8 was most likely used to be human similar to how #17 and #18 which is why he was brought back. I doubt #16 was brought back seeing that we would have know about it by now. Not to mention it seems likely that being that are 100% robotic have no soul.
By that logic, Arale doesn't have a soul, and thus wouldn't have been revived along with Buu's other victims.

Arale and 16 would be permanently gone.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:24 pm

Also, wasn't it explicitly confirmed by Toriyama that Androids 1-12 were completely artificial?

Of those, we've seen Android 8 and Android 9 (who's basically a taller Commander Red).

So we have confirmation Android 8 was totally artificial, just like 16, so if Android 8 was revived by Porunga, Android 16 should've been revived with everyone else by Shenron.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:42 pm

I don't see any reason to think that he was revived since he presumably doesn't have a soul. Of course, in GT even #19 was in Hell so maybe you are right about them somehow having souls.
Sailor Haumea wrote: By that logic, Arale doesn't have a soul, and thus wouldn't have been revived along with Buu's other victims.

When Earth was restored in the Boo arc all the buildings and such were restored in addition to everyone on Earth being revived. Plus we saw Arale in Super.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Makaioshin wrote:Of course, in GT even #19 was in Hell so maybe you are right about them somehow having souls.
That's my point. The fact #19 was in Hell suggests fully mechanical androids have souls. Thus, Android 16 should have been revived.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:Also, wasn't it explicitly confirmed by Toriyama that Androids 1-12 were completely artificial?
That's just Toriyama being senile. It was shown in the manga #8 was human-based.

Anyways, I don't think #16 was ever revived. He didn't have a soul and the wish during the Kid Boo battle was specifically to reverse the damage Kid Boo had done to Earth... so Arale may be revived but not #16 since he's been gone for quite some time.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm pretty sure she means when Shenron revived Cell's victims. If he has a soul and is considered a victim, I'd say, yeah, he was brought back. He was aware enough to know that Goku had become too powerful for him to fight in the first place, so I'd see no reason why he wouldn't be just hanging out in the wild with animals and never show his face ever again after being revived. I personally don't think he was revived, but if you want it to be your head canon, I don't see why you can't have it that he was.
Last edited by Wizard Sesame on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Wizard Sesame wrote:I'm pretty sure he means
I'm a she. :wink:

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:I'm a she. :wink:
Fixed and I apologize.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:54 pm

Wizard Sesame wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:I'm a she. :wink:
Fixed and I apologize.
It's no problem. :)

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:#8 was most likely used to be human similar to how #17 and #18 which is why he was brought back. I doubt #16 was brought back seeing that we would have know about it by now. Not to mention it seems likely that being that are 100% robotic have no soul.
By that logic, Arale doesn't have a soul, and thus wouldn't have been revived along with Buu's other victims.

Arale made a short appearance in Super though. Also, you're right for some reason about 16 because I guess they wanted to permanently kill off a good guy so he wouldn't be overpowered by the Saiyajins like Kuririn and crew.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:30 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:

Arale made a short appearance in Super though. Also, you're right for some reason about 16 because I guess they wanted to permanently kill off a good guy so he wouldn't be overpowered by the Saiyajins like Kuririn and crew.
It doesn't really make sense that of all the characters who die, he stays dead.

My headcanon has Shenron revive Orlen and Namole (both of whom were killed by Frieza) and Porunga brings them to Earth, while Shenron revives Android 16 along with the other people who died since 19 and 20 appeared.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:35 pm

They could brought #16 in Trunks timeline as a alley for Future Trunks. He could help lead the Earth's Resistance along with Mai, Future Bluma and Future Yajirobe.
She/Her

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:They could brought #16 in Trunks timeline as a alley for Future Trunks. He could help lead the Earth's Resistance along with Mai, Future Bluma and Future Yajirobe.
During that time of peace for several years, why the fuck didn't Bulma build a ship so they could go to New Namek? Couldn't they ask King Kai via telepathy where it is?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:41 pm

She has no way to contact King Kai and also Goku and the others have been dead for a long time. Goku and the others probably don't want to be wish back.
She/Her

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:19 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:They could brought #16 in Trunks timeline as a alley for Future Trunks. He could help lead the Earth's Resistance along with Mai, Future Bluma and Future Yajirobe.
During that time of peace for several years, why the fuck didn't Bulma build a ship so they could go to New Namek? Couldn't they ask King Kai via telepathy where it is?
Bulma couldn't possibly built a spaceship to reach Namek (let alone New Namek) even in the main timeline and King Kai knew jackshit about what is going on plus he can barely contact and can't teleport to New Namek.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:21 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:
Bulma couldn't possibly built a spaceship to reach Namek (let alone New Namek) even in the main timeline and King Kai knew jackshit about what is going on plus he can barely contact and can't teleport to New Namek.
Couldn't he try to get ahold of Supreme Kai? Surely he and Kibito could help.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:36 am

Kaioshin in Trunks timeline is dead. Even before they are killed, Trunks probably didn't want them to be wish back since he can save the world by himself now. Also Goku and the others probably never met Kaioshin in Future Trunks timeline seeing that they are dead and can't help against Babidi. Also in the new episode of Super mention that all of the Dragon Balls are gone in Future Trunks timeline. New Namek is likely destroyed.
She/Her

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:39 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Kaioshin in Trunks timeline is dead. Even before they are killed, Trunks probably didn't want them to be wish back since he can save the world by himself now. Also Goku and the others probably never met Kaioshin in Future Trunks timeline seeing that they are dead and can't help against Babidi. Also in the new episode of Super mention that all of the Dragon Balls are gone in Future Trunks timeline. New Namek is likely destroyed.
He's dead NOW.

I meant, why not do this before Buu appeared?