Do you think U6 Saiyans are basically U7 Saiyans but without Freeza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Do you think U6 Saiyans are basically U7 Saiyans but without Freeza?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm

As we all know the Saiyans are a naturally aggressive race of people with a natural inclination for combat, but who's to say they wouldn't benefit from a more positive influence?

The U6 Saiyan were able to foster their battle lust into something beneficial for the whole universe thanks to that defense squad while U7 Saiyans sold their souls to Freeza and his Planet Trade Organization thus reinforcing the Saiyans nature in a self-destructive way.

I mean, it's not like U7 Saiyans were all bad. Gine was living proof of this.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Do you think U6 Saiyans are basically U7 Saiyans but without Freeza?

Post by Pantalones » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:14 pm

I'd say it'd be more like 7th Universe Saiyans if they'd never left their home planet. Whatever event (the original Legendary Super Saiyan's rampage, maybe? it seems like Cabba was unaware Saiyans could transform before seeing it himself, after all, so the Super Saiyan clearly isn't a legendary figure in the history of their universe) caused the Saiyans we know to leave their original homeworld, become space pirates, and settle on Planet Plant never happened.

Not having Freeza ruling over them probably helps a lot too, though.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:49 pm

They lost their tail meaning its more than just freeza

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:58 am

It could be they just learned to suppress their natural instincts for battle through evolutionary process into a more self-controlled and organised species. The assistance with saving ravaged worlds may have been an outlet for their aggression, as well.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:10 am

Well no, Frieza only interacted with the saiyans of Vegeta, who are the evil saiyans who migrated from planet Salad after it was destroyed.

Most likely the divergence appeared during the saiyan civil war, in Universe 6 the good saiyans won the fight.

From my own head connon in Universe 6 the Original Super Saiyan God was able to defeat the Original Super Saiyan, ensuring that he would not destroy Salad, as well as cripple the evil saiyans force before he's timer ran out. As a result SS became forgotten but so did the ritual of the SSG in time.

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:07 pm

it's interesting that, if we assume that almost all saiyans from U6 are good, they could make hundreds of SSJ Gods through the ritual ;)
If only Champa knew about SSJGod ritual, probably he would have one of the best teams - Hit and 4 super saiyan gods :) Also Frost could be able to reach Gold-form, so there's a lot of potential in U6 :)