How would you think an Earthling could have a power level of...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How would you think an Earthling could have a power level of...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:13 am

372,040,000 in their base form?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: How would you think an Earthling could have a power level of...

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:16 am

I don't get the question. Are you asking how to write it, or how something like that could conceivably come about?
Retired.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:20 am

-Train with Muten Roshi
-Train with Karin
-Train with Kami
-Train with Kaio
-Train with Kaioshin

Follow these simple steps and you too can reach a power level over 9,000.

Seriously, the humans could easily remain relevant if they trained with Kaioshin, surpassed his teachings to the extent that they surpassed their previous masters, and brought themselves up to Boo level, even moreso if they trained with Kibito Kai, then mastered Kaioken x20.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:01 am

From what we see in the Manga, it seems like the earthlings don't even surpass first form Freeza.
In the Anime though, we see Yamcha beating the shit outta Olibu, who put up a better fight against Paikuuhan than Super Perfect Cell. Now, you COULD argue that Cell wasn't "Super Perfect", and that Paikuuhan caught him off-guard with an amplified attack, and also that Paikuuhan with weights is just Base Goku level, and that he was holding back even more against Olibu... and that Olibu himself was caught off-guard by Yamcha. But that's just not what the show tells you.
In short, to have a Powar Levul remotely close to the figure you mentioned, training under King Kai or Kaioshin wouldn't quite cut it. It would require them to sell their soul to TOEI.

Or, if you wanna go about it the HARD way, you could always train... FOR 4 MONTHS!!
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 am

If you're Tien, I suppose you can do the Multiform technique and then do the Fusion Dance. I'm one of those that think the humans have reached a power level near 5 Million though.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:25 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I don't get the question. Are you asking how to write it, or how something like that could conceivably come about?
Unrelated, but did you draw your profile picture? Looks sick.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:31 am

Thinking about it, the easiest way to have a human become powerful would be a mastering of the Kaioken, as well as having Elder Kaioshin's magic
ryou766 wrote:Unrelated, but did you draw your profile picture? Looks sick.
I wish. It's a pencil drawing of Young Jijii's that I put through a light filter. I'm using it as a substitute until I find an avatar that I actually like.
Retired.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:35 am

Angelus wrote:If you're Tien, I suppose you can do the Multiform technique and then do the Fusion Dance.
How are you allowed to have such brilliant creativity?
Also, what if let's say Piccolo fuses with his clone, then creates another clone and fuses with it and so on...
Law of conservation of energy be damned.
Angelus wrote: I'm one of those that think the humans have reached a power level near 5 Million though.
I humbly request for you to expand upon this, since as far as the manga is concerned, I don't see how the earthlings would hold a candle to even the likes of First Form Freeza.
Unless you go by the rule that non-contradicted filler might as well be canon.
INB4 no Shin Kikoho excuse.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:01 am

DBZ Macky wrote:From what we see in the Manga, it seems like the earthlings don't even surpass first form Freeza.
In the Anime though, we see Yamcha beating the shit outta Olibu, who put up a better fight against Paikuuhan than Super Perfect Cell. Now, you COULD argue that Cell wasn't "Super Perfect", and that Paikuuhan caught him off-guard with an amplified attack, and also that Paikuuhan with weights is just Base Goku level, and that he was holding back even more against Olibu... and that Olibu himself was caught off-guard by Yamcha. But that's just not what the show tells you.
In short, to have a Powar Levul remotely close to the figure you mentioned, training under King Kai or Kaioshin wouldn't quite cut it. It would require them to sell their soul to TOEI.

Or, if you wanna go about it the HARD way, you could always train... FOR 4 MONTHS!!
Eh, I think both Kuririn and Tenshinhan have surpassed 1st form Frieza and maybe even 2nd form Frieza. I think Yamcha's still below Saiyan Saga Vegeta, though.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:06 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
Angelus wrote:If you're Tien, I suppose you can do the Multiform technique and then do the Fusion Dance.
Also, what if let's say Piccolo fuses with his clone, then creates another clone and fuses with it and so on...
Angelus wrote: I'm one of those that think the humans have reached a power level near 5 Million though.
I humbly request for you to expand upon this, since as far as the manga is concerned, I don't see how the earthlings would hold a candle to even the likes of First Form Freeza.
But the Piccolo clones were filler, so I don't consider it. I've thought about boosting Tien before and the only way I can think of to make him surpass his current level is to use the multiform technique to split himself into 2. Each Tien will have 50% power. He can learn the fusion dance from his friend Krillin. Krillin and Piccolo did demonstrate the dance to Goten and Trunks before. Tien can even multiform into 4. Each will have 25% power. Each pair can do a fusion dance and now you have 2 Tiens. The 2 Tiens can then fuse using Potara Earrings. Kaioshin Potara magic should be more powerful than Metamoran 'magic' so the Potara Fusion of two Fusion-Danced Tiens should be permanent. Too bad there's no Potara Earring just lying around and he's not actually close with any Kaioishins to make a request for Earrings. I can imagine it will greatly reduce his lifespan if he did such fusions though but I doubt he'll reach that level even if he trained for the remainder of his life.

Oh the human power levels thing being around 5 Million? Not from filler Yamcha or the Bojack Movie Tien. Just from a simple poll from another DBZ forum:

http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8537178/1/

Out of 20 Votes, 35% voted that Android Saga Tien's power level was Over 1 Million but less than 5 Million while 25% voted Over 5 Million but less than 10 Million

So I just went with that. Over at that forum and in Neoseeker DB forums, majority believe that Krillin is more powerful than Tien, but it's not a huge gap. Based off that, Krillin should even have a power level higher than 5 Million.

Speaking of creativity, I'm surprised Universe 10's Zamasu failed to be more creative towards his fight against SSJ2 Goku. He could have magic materialized a huge cube of Katchin on top of Goku and then paralyze Goku using the same magical move that Eastern Supreme Kai of Universe 7 used on 25th WMAT SSJ2 Gohan. Boom, squashed Goku. It probably won't kill Goku though, but at least he can do something aside from just hand-to-hand. Heck, he can probably even clothes-beam Goku so that Goku will end up with 900 Tons of weight for each limb, to immobilize him some more. South Kai and North Kai are able to do that easy, magically attaching weights. Zamasu should be able to read minds too, just like Eastern Supreme Kai can so Zamasu should have been able to know what moves Goku are about to do next. Mind reading, magic materialization, and paralysis are overpowered skills! Goku could easily just turn SSJ3 and speed blitz Zamasu regardless though

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:22 am

Angelus wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:
But the Piccolo clones were filler, so I don't consider it. I've thought about boosting Tien before and the only way I can think of to make him surpass his current level is to use the multiform technique to split himself into 2. Each Tien will have 50% power. He can learn the fusion dance from his friend Krillin. Krillin and Piccolo did demonstrate the dance to Goten and Trunks before. Tien can even multiform into 4. Each will have 25% power. Each pair can do a fusion dance and now you have 2 Tiens. The 2 Tiens can then fuse using Potara Earrings. Kaioshin Potara magic should be more powerful than Metamoran 'magic' so the Potara Fusion of two Fusion-Danced Tiens should be permanent. Too bad there's no Potara Earring just lying around and he's not actually close with any Kaioishins to make a request for Earrings. I can imagine it will greatly reduce his lifespan if he did such fusions though but I doubt he'll reach that level even if he trained for the remainder of his life.

Oh the human power levels thing being around 5 Million? Not from filler Yamcha or the Bojack Movie Tien. Just from a simple poll from another DBZ forum:

http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8537178/1/

Out of 20 Votes, 35% voted that Android Saga Tien's power level was Over 1 Million but less than 5 Million while 25% voted Over 5 Million but less than 10 Million

So I just went with that. Over at that forum and in Neoseeker DB forums, majority believe that Krillin is more powerful than Tien, but it's not a huge gap. Based off that, Krillin should even have a power level higher than 5 Million.

Speaking of creativity, I'm surprised Universe 10's Zamasu failed to be more creative towards his fight against SSJ2 Goku. He could have magic materialized a huge cube of Katchin on top of Goku and then paralyze Goku using the same magical move that Eastern Supreme Kai of Universe 7 used on 25th WMAT SSJ2 Gohan. Boom, squashed Goku. It probably won't kill Goku though, but at least he can do something aside from just hand-to-hand. Heck, he can probably even clothes-beam Goku so that Goku will end up with 900 Tons of weight for each limb, to immobilize him some more. South Kai and North Kai are able to do that easy, magically attaching weights. Zamasu should be able to read minds too, just like Eastern Supreme Kai can so Zamasu should have been able to know what moves Goku are about to do next. Mind reading, magic materialization, and paralysis are overpowered skills! Goku could easily just turn SSJ3 and speed blitz Zamasu regardless though
Katchin is a joke to Goku, even Base Goku from the Buu Saga can lift it, Current SSJ2 Goku would be totally unaffected.

Also, lol at the idea that the humans ever surpass 5 million, let alone in the Androids arc, I doubt they even broke 2 million.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:26 am

Angelus wrote: Out of 20 Votes, 35% voted that Android Saga Tien's power level was Over 1 Million but less than 5 Million while 25% voted Over 5 Million but less than 10 Million
I can see where you're coming from, I guess the earthlings should be at lest in the 1,000,000 range if they still appear for the arrival of the androids when Piccolo only told them to do so if they were completely confident in their abilities. What battle power would they have before the 3 years training though and how would they make such huge gains, in your opinion?
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Also, lol at the idea that the humans ever surpass 5 million, let alone in the Androids arc, I doubt they even broke 2 million.
What's the basis for your claim?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:30 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
Angelus wrote: Out of 20 Votes, 35% voted that Android Saga Tien's power level was Over 1 Million but less than 5 Million while 25% voted Over 5 Million but less than 10 Million
I can see where you're coming from, I guess the earthlings should be at lest in the 1,000,000 range if they still appear for the arrival of the androids when Piccolo only told them to do so if they were completely confident in their abilities. What battle power would they have before the 3 years training though and how would they make such huge gains, in your opinion?
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Also, lol at the idea that the humans ever surpass 5 million, let alone in the Androids arc, I doubt they even broke 2 million.
If they were that powerful they would be above Base Saiyans, and they're clearly still considerably below them. Also, besides anime filler there's no indication that Tenshinhan and Yamcha even surpassed the Ginyu force, let alone Frieza. The only notable thing Tenshinhan even did was Kikoho Cell for a while which is the only reason I'm willing to consider him being over 1 million. Also, them being confident enough to go face the androids doesn't mean anything because they went to the Cell Games even though they know they're all jokes to Cell.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:47 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
One detail that supports how the humans had to be in the millions was because Dr. Gero estimated that if he absorbed the power levels of Piccolo, base Gohan, Krillin, and Tien.. that he would be able to beat SSJ Vegeta. Several factors come into play, whether or not you estimate that pre-Kami fusion Piccolo was already close to the SSJs at this point or not, or how high your estimates would be for base Gohan. Why would Dr. Gero even consider absorbing the human's power levels if they weren't even in the millions? Why bother absorbing a power level of 200,000? It's such a minuscule and insignificant amount. Also, Dr. Gero was not aware that Vegeta was back to 100% even after his fight with Android 19. Did Dr. Gero take into account the power drained off of SSJ Vegeta or not? He wasn't there to see Vegeta eat a senzu. Gero may come with a scouter-like measurer though and knew that Vegeta was back to 100%. Gero was able to measure Yamcha's power level afterall. But if that's the case, Gero should know that SSJ Vegeta's power level is already much higher than his and 19's so why bother? I'm skeptical on which is which myself. It either depends on how powerful you think 19 and 20 were or how Piccolo was.

Well, 3 years before the Androids came, and discarding that filler scene of the Ginyu Force at King Kai's planet... Piccolo was still regarded as the most powerful one training with King Kai. We know that after fusing with Nail, he probably jumped up to 1.2M to 1.5M in power level. He can beat full power 2nd Form Frieza, but not 3rd Form. Initial 2nd Form Frieza was 1M in power level but he powered up twice, I think, before transforming into his 3rd form. It's safe to assume everyone else left in King Kai's planet would be less than that in power. But by how much? I've noticed from different discussions that Piccolo's fusion boost was x3 to x5 at the least and x18 at the most. Just based off that, Piccolo was probably either around 70K or 300K before he fused with Nail. I suppose the humans would be less than that then. Ranging from 50K to 250K, probably.

TheUltimateNinja wrote: Katchin is a joke to Goku, even Base Goku from the Buu Saga can lift it, Current SSJ2 Goku would be totally unaffected.
Yeah but attaching 900 Ton weights to each of Goku's limbs (3,600 tons total) should slow him down a bit. Supreme Kai's paralysis move on 25th WMAT SSJ2 Gohan made utter weaklings like Spopovich to stab/pierce Gohan. It made SSJ2 Gohan vulnerable enough to be stabbed by a duo that's nowhere near even at Cui level. If that vulnerability is the same for current SSJ2 Goku, then Goku is going to have a big problem is Zamasu chose to drop a cube of Katchin, the size of the Empire State Building on Goku. Paralysis+Katchin cube drop would be OP. Goku can use Instant Transmission though, so there's that. Not sure if he can do that while paralyzed though
Last edited by Angelus on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:57 am

Angelus wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:
One detail that supports how the humans had to be in the millions was because Dr. Gero estimated that if he absorbed the power levels of Piccolo, base Gohan, Krillin, and Tien.. that he would be able to beat SSJ Vegeta. Several factors come into play, whether or not you estimate that pre-Kami fusion Piccolo was already close to the SSJs at this point or not, or how high your estimates would be for base Gohan. Why would Dr. Gero even consider absorbing the human's power levels if they weren't even in the millions? Why bother absorbing a power level of 200,000? It's such a minuscule and insignificant amount. Also, Dr. Gero was not aware that Vegeta was back to 100% even after his fight with Android 19. Did Dr. Gero take into account the power drained off of SSJ Vegeta or not? He wasn't there to see Vegeta eat a senzu. Gero may come with a scouter-like measurer though and knew that Vegeta was back to 100%. Gero was able to measure Yamcha's power level afterall. But if that's the case, Gero should know that SSJ Vegeta's power level is already much higher than his and 19's so why bother? I'm skeptical on which is which myself. It either depends on how powerful you think 19 and 20 were or how Piccolo was.

Well, 3 years before the Androids came, and discarding that filler scene of the Ginyu Force at King Kai's planet... Piccolo was still regarded as the most powerful one training with King Kai. We know that after fusing with Nail, he probably jumped up to 1.2M to 1.5M in power level. He can beat full power 2nd Form Frieza, but not 3rd Form. Initial 2nd Form Frieza was 1M in power level but he powered up twice, I think, before transforming into his 3rd form. It's safe to assume everyone else left in King Kai's planet would be less than that in power. But by how much? I've noticed from different discussions that Piccolo's fusion boost was x3 to x5 at the least and x18 at the most. Just based off that, Piccolo was probably either around 70K or 300K before he fused with Nail. I suppose the humans would be less than that then. Ranging from 50K to 250K, probably.
Here's my levels for the humans/Piccolo after their training at King Kai's:
Piccolo: 35,000
Yamcha: 15,000
Tenshinhan: 80,000

I have the Nail fusion multiplier at x15, so their combined BP of 77,000 would be multiplied by 15 to give Piccolo a new BP of 1,155,000. I actually have Frieza's full power at 1,200,000, slightly above Nailccolo.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:02 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote: Here's my levels for the humans/Piccolo after their training at King Kai's:
And how powerful do you estimate the humans to be during the Androids Saga?
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Katchin is a joke to Goku, even Base Goku from the Buu Saga can lift it, Current SSJ2 Goku would be totally unaffected.
Yeah but attaching 900 Ton weights to each of Goku's limbs (3,600 tons total) should slow him down a bit. Supreme Kai's paralysis move on 25th WMAT SSJ2 Gohan made utter weaklings like Spopovich to stab/pierce Gohan. It made SSJ2 Gohan vulnerable enough to be stabbed by a duo that's nowhere near even at Cui level. If that vulnerability is the same for current SSJ2 Goku, then Goku is going to have a big problem is Zamasu chose to drop a cube of Katchin, the size of the Empire State Building on Goku. Paralysis+Katchin cube drop would be OP. Goku can use Instant Transmission though, so there's that. Not sure if he can do that while paralyzed though

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:03 am

Angelus wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Here's my levels for the humans/Piccolo after their training at King Kai's:
And how powerful do you estimate the humans to be during the Androids Saga?
Tenshinhan: 1,600,000
Krillin: 1,920,000
Yamcha: 20,000

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:10 am

Angelus wrote:
SSJ2 Gohan from back then is much, much weaker than current SSJ2 Goku, and though Zamasu may have more power than our Kaioshin he's just an apprentice so he probably doesn't have the same skill level. Plus, there's no indication that he can summon such a huge amount of Katchin or add that much weight to someone.
But even if he could, 3,600 tons wouldn't be nearly enough, Pre-Buu arc Base Goku could already lift 40 tons while flying, current SSJ2 Goku could most likely easily lift 10,000 tons. Also, Buu easily broke out of Kaioshin's paralysis, so Goku could most likely escape from Zamasu's hold too. Even if he couldn't, he could easily go SSJ3 and crush him.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:25 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Angelus wrote:
SSJ2 Gohan from back then is much, much weaker than current SSJ2 Goku, and though Zamasu may have more power than our Kaioshin he's just an apprentice so he probably doesn't have the same skill level. Plus, there's no indication that he can summon such a huge amount of Katchin or add that much weight to someone.
But even if he could, 3,600 tons wouldn't be nearly enough, Pre-Buu arc Base Goku could already lift 40 tons while flying, current SSJ2 Goku could most likely easily lift 10,000 tons. Also, Buu easily broke out of Kaioshin's paralysis, so Goku could most likely escape from Zamasu's hold too. Even if he couldn't, he could easily go SSJ3 and crush him.
When did Kaioshin try to or successfully paralyzed Buu?

Oh yeah, that SSJ2 Gohan and current SSJ2 Goku have a huge gap. Well, he could just attach Katchin chains to the said ton weights on each limb so that Goku will have hindered movement. You know, like handcuffs. While he's at it, then maybe a Katchin mask that fully covers Goku's face and ears. Now Goku will have trouble breathing and hearing and can't see. He can't use his Ki sensing to check where Zamasu is since Zamasu is a god and his ki is undetectable. Seems plausible since even Kibito can materialize full body clothing on Gohan easily. While Goku is temporarily blinded, time to toss freight cargo-sized cubes of Katchin at him, making sure that the pointy corner of the cube hits Goku first. It should help his cause in delaying the inevitable before Goku turns SSJ3

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:33 am

Angelus wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Angelus wrote:

When did Kaioshin try to or successfully paralyzed Buu?

Oh yeah, that SSJ2 Gohan and current SSJ2 Goku have a huge gap. Well, he could just attach Katchin chains to the said ton weights on each limb so that Goku will have hindered movement. You know, like handcuffs. While he's at it, then maybe a Katchin mask that fully covers Goku's face and ears. Now Goku will have trouble breathing and hearing and can't see. He can't use his Ki sensing to check where Zamasu is since Zamasu is a god and his ki is undetectable. Seems plausible since even Kibito can materialize full body clothing on Gohan easily. While Goku is temporarily blinded, time to toss freight cargo-sized cubes of Katchin at him, making sure that the pointy corner of the cube hits Goku first. It should help his cause in delaying the inevitable before Goku turns SSJ3
It's when he was trying to defend himself and Gohan while Buu was assaulting them.

Goku most likely has enough power to shatter Katchin now, so chains won't do anything, plus we don't know if Zamasu can materalize Katchin in intricate shapes. Same for the face plate thing. Also, Goku and Vegeta are both capable of sensing God ki. No matter what Zamasu did he was completely fucked in that situation.