Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:48 pm

There's nothing wrong with only caring a lot about a particular character (or a few characters) in a piece of media, imo, and basically dropping interest after they leave.
ekrolo2 wrote:Didn't Toriyama at one point say that Ki would actually be invisible and he only makes it visible for visual flare?
People consistently see ki blasts coming and dodge them, as well as specifically recognizing attributes like shape, how is that supposed to work?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:49 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:There's nothing wrong with only caring a lot about a particular character (or a few characters) in a piece of media, imo, and basically dropping interest after they leave.
ekrolo2 wrote:Didn't Toriyama at one point say that Ki would actually be invisible and he only makes it visible for visual flare?
People consistently see ki blasts coming and dodge them...
I didn't mean they were actually invisible, I asked if Toriyama made them visible just for visual flare sake.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:51 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:There's nothing wrong with only caring a lot about a particular character (or a few characters) in a piece of media, imo, and basically dropping interest after they leave.
People consistently see ki blasts coming and dodge them...
I didn't mean they were actually invisible, I asked if Toriyama made them visible just for visual flare sake.
If I remember right, Toriyama said that he always imagined ki as being invisible. This one's really stretching my memory, but I think that comment may have been in regards to the effects used in the show, rather than how he drew things.
Retired.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:55 pm

I think Toriyama was saying that the "real life" legend of ki was supposed to be invisible, and in his comic he made it visible, not that it's really invisible in Dragonball.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:27 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:Why do you hate the thread?
Oh, you know. Repetitive complaints. Also, I rolled my eyes at the cheering after this page. I respect opinions greatly, but I can't take this anymore. The simplest, easiest, and best thing to do is to just walk away (or, in this case, stop following the thread).
I hundred and ten percent agree with this. Although, I do see major problems on both sides. Salagir's interpretation/writing of Bra, and the major blood lust from the DBM audience. I believe Bra's character is meant to be disliked, to a point. I think Salagir wanted to write a character that you'd love to hate but end up cheering for. But instead, you just end up hating her for all the wrong reasons. And the "fans" reaction to Bra is sometimes justified, but it's taken to such extreme lengths it becomes not only embarrassing but painfully annoying.

The reason why I don't just leave the thread is... well, I simply have a higher tolerance for this kind of shitstrom that occurs so often here. It's easy for me to overlook the repetitive complaints and arguments. Maybe because if I see a pattern my eyes just gloss over the replies.

If you think this thread is bad, try reading the comment section on the official DBM website. Oh lord.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:18 am

Scarz wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Oh, you know. Repetitive complaints. Also, I rolled my eyes at the cheering after this page. I respect opinions greatly, but I can't take this anymore. The simplest, easiest, and best thing to do is to just walk away (or, in this case, stop following the thread).
I hundred and ten percent agree with this. Although, I do see major problems on both sides. Salagir's interpretation/writing of Bra, and the major blood lust from the DBM audience. I believe Bra's character is meant to be disliked, to a point. I think Salagir wanted to write a character that you'd love to hate but end up cheering for. But instead, you just end up hating her for all the wrong reasons. And the "fans" reaction to Bra is sometimes justified, but it's taken to such extreme lengths it becomes not only embarrassing but painfully annoying.

The reason why I don't just leave the thread is... well, I simply have a higher tolerance for this kind of shitstrom that occurs so often here. It's easy for me to overlook the repetitive complaints and arguments. Maybe because if I see a pattern my eyes just gloss over the replies.

If you think this thread is bad, try reading the comment section on the official DBM website. Oh lord.
Bra's character never bothered me but good for you anime kitten by removing yourself from the thread if it upsets you.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:24 am

Scarz wrote:I believe Bra's character is meant to be disliked, to a point.
Yes, pretty much. She is kind of like Vegeta at some points of the manga. Pretty bad personality with prevalent saiyan traits that cause sometimes more harm than good, but not as horrible as Vegeta's personality was sometimes. So, yeah, she is kind in the same role, being on the good guys' side but she's not meant to be liked very much due to her personality. I don't see any reason to dislike her any more than I disliked Vegeta at some points of the manga, basically. Or Vegetto. The only plausible reason to dislike her more would be her power, but her power makes sense looking at the manga and it's not really over the top at all in terms of consistency (especially when compared to some recent official DB stuff) so I see no real fault there on the character or the authors.
Scarz wrote:
That's on the same level as youtube comments :|
Bansho64 wrote: I'm still not seeing how he or anyone else here is blind.
I've already explained it. If we love or hate a character so much that we ignore the other relevant factors besides what is based on that love or hate, we are, in essence, blind to those other relevant factors due to our love or hate towards the character. Our love or hate prevents us from seeing them. Regarding coola's ironic post, that is evident because, as stated, the love of the character was such that he would be dropping the comic just because the character didn't have thing go absolutely her way.
Noah wrote:People should just accept that Bra is a worthless character that deserves everything worse from now on
I would prefer developments in DBM to happen based on other considerations than just whatever fans that hate Bra think she deserves. That would be no sound way to write a comic.
Anime Kitten wrote:Is there any way to be notified of a new page via the website? Because, no offense to anyone here, but I hate this thread now.
New pages come out every Sunday, Wednesday and sometimes also at Friday. You don't really need a notification, just check the website on those days at the end of the day.
Last edited by rereboy on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:48 am

Good job Cold. Hahaha, I love that Bra is finally getting what she deserve. But alas this isn't going to be for long and later we would see Bra getting back to her old antics. The thing that would make this better if she actually get humbled by this but I really believe that isn't going to happen as we see through Bardock vision that she is still the same her.

And really people are free to hate what they want to hate. Even better when we see that Salagir for the past couple of pages really intended for people to hate Bra. Or maybe Salagir is just delusional and think that people actually like Bra or not hate her enough so that after a few more pages people would finally like her. :lol: :lol: Hahahahahaha... I really hope he isn't delusional.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:51 am

Nobody said that people aren't free to think whatever they want... but people are also free to have their opinion on what others think.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:54 am

rereboy wrote:Nobody said that people aren't free to think whatever they want... but people are also free to have their opinion on what others think.
And people are free to have an opinion on other people opinion on their opinion. Then it comes back around and bites you on the ass.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:01 am

rereboy wrote:Nobody said that people aren't free to think whatever they want... but people are also free to have their opinion on what others think.
And we're perfectly free to address out problems with your opinions when they come out sounding arrogant and elitist.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:12 am

fexus wrote:
And people are free to have an opinion on other people opinion on their opinion. Then it comes back around and bites you on the ass.
I don't have a problem with people commenting on what I think, so, not really a bite. I might disagree with what they are saying or not like very much how they are addressing me if they sound disrespectful, but nothing else.
Bansho64 wrote:
And we're perfectly free to address out problems with your opinions when they come out sounding arrogant and elitist.
Yes, we are.

Also, if you are really saying by that that you think I am arrogant and elitist or sound like that based on our previous posts, I will say that I don't think an arrogant elitist would take the time to address you respectfully and also explain respectfully and diligently to you his opinion and his words, so I just disagree with that. In fact, I never had any problem or expressed any problem with you commenting what I said, I just further explained my opinion. Still, if you really think that I am arrogant and elitist or sound like that, as stated, you are free to think whatever you like, even if it doesn't make sense to me.

However, if you really think I'm arrogant or elitist purely based on my opinion, I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I don't think it makes me arrogant or elitist to think that a comment/review/opinion regarding the developments of a comic lacks a certain depth if all it does is follow a certain hate or love for a single character and not much of anything else.

People can and should certainly be happy or sad whenever something happens to a character they hate or love, but I certainly think that their comment/review/opinion will have more depth if it goes beyond that and if it can see beyond that, and I much prefer that.

If you really feel that makes me arrogant or elitist, well... I simply disagree.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
You can always go directly to the site and read the updates.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Ok, i thought to drop it, but that page is so funny, now i can see why they won't be able to tell difference :lol:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:16 pm

Well Ginyu managed to fool Cold's family for years, just a matter of adaptation :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:00 pm

I'm going to laugh so much if the end game for this is Bra learns change now from having it done to her. It would fit with her prodigy nature.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:31 pm

rereboy wrote: If you really feel that makes me arrogant or elitist, well... I simply disagree.
Nah, I don't think it makes you yourself arrogant or elitist. I think the point that you're trying to make came out sounding that way.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:13 am

This makes Multiverse absolutely hilarious.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:36 am

Was about to post that, but, if it ignores GT, might as well ignoring Super, we had Beerus and Whis cameo, where they still look for SSJG, Black/Zamasu never appeared...
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:53 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Image

This makes Multiverse absolutely hilarious.
It's been known from the start that DBM only takes into account the manga and some anime movies that they have adapted to fit. They ignore the rest. Beerus was only used as a funny cameo.