"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Grimlock wrote:The fifteenth one. The one you get Blue Hurricane.
As some have said using Kienzan/Super Kienzan and Death Beam works well. For some reason Death Beam seems to get additional hits on the expert enemies. About 12 compared to the standard 3 hit combo. Does pretty good damage too. I have 80 points in Ki supers for my Female Saiyan and I was taking out a fourth of their lifebars with Death Beam.

I imagine whats giving you the most trouble is the attack that Omega uses where he summons those dark energy swirls around everyone that obliterates your health. Your best bet is to either block, use Pressure Sign, or have a long lasting escape move to outlast it. With Freeza I just kept my distance due to that insane energy ball move he does. You cant block it as it will auto stamina break. Just stay away and hope he doesnt off your team. It gets easier after Freeza since only Janemba is left and he isnt nearly as hard.

Moves Id suggest using are the 2 I mentioned above, Giant Storm, Assault Rain, Die Die Missle Barrage, Vanishing Ball, Perfect Shot, and other moves of that nature. Melee supers and ults are largely pointless as getting in close to these guys is often a death sentence unless you and your allies can be glued to them after landing a ki super. Basically, your are going to keep your distance and spam Ki supers.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:58 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:As some have said using Kienzan/Super Kienzan and Death Beam works well. For some reason Death Beam seems to get additional hits on the expert enemies. About 12 compared to the standard 3 hit combo. Does pretty good damage too. I have 80 points in Ki supers for my Female Saiyan and I was taking out a fourth of their lifebars with Death Beam.

I imagine whats giving you the most trouble is the attack that Omega uses where he summons those dark energy swirls around everyone that obliterates your health. Your best bet is to either block, use Pressure Sign, or have a long lasting escape move to outlast it. With Freeza I just kept my distance due to that insane energy ball move he does. You cant block it as it will auto stamina break. Just stay away and hope he doesnt off your team. It gets easier after Freeza since only Janemba is left and he isnt nearly as hard.

Moves Id suggest using are the 2 I mentioned above, Giant Storm, Assault Rain, Die Die Missle Barrage, Vanishing Ball, Perfect Shot, and other moves of that nature. Melee supers and ults are largely pointless as getting in close to these guys is often a death sentence unless you and your allies can be glued to them after landing a ki super. Basically, your are going to keep your distance and spam Ki supers.
I'll try but I don't think I can get through it alone. And I don't know anyone who have XV2 besides Kanzenshuu members to give me a hand. But thanks anyway.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:05 pm

Grimlock wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:As some have said using Kienzan/Super Kienzan and Death Beam works well. For some reason Death Beam seems to get additional hits on the expert enemies. About 12 compared to the standard 3 hit combo. Does pretty good damage too. I have 80 points in Ki supers for my Female Saiyan and I was taking out a fourth of their lifebars with Death Beam.

I'll try but I don't think I can get through it alone. And I don't know anyone who have XV2 besides Kanzenshuu members to give me a hand. But thanks anyway.
I got through it alone, I'm sure you can. Though for the sake of clarifying, what race are you and what is your stat point distribution? Because the next expert mission against SSGSS Vegeta is more or less a fight against the clock as Vegeta has a constant uber Namekian health regen the entire match.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:17 pm

I'm a Saiyan and I'm a fighter. So I'm reluctanct to what you said because that is totally against what I am. :lol: That's why I need help, no matter the techniques I choose to go for.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm a Saiyan and I'm a fighter. So I'm reluctanct to what you said because that is totally against what I am. :lol: That's why I need help, no matter the techniques I choose to go for.
I managed to pull off that mission with the help of some people who knew what they were doing online, thank god. I'm a Saiyan with over a hundred stats set to basic attacks. But for that mission, I equipped a qq bang that would boost my ki attacks at the cost of basic attacks. I spammed destructo disc, sudden storm and super vanishing ball. Oh, and Energy Zone is good to restore health. Also, use Super Vegeta.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:39 pm

ryou766 wrote:I managed to pull off that mission with the help of some people who knew what they were doing online, thank god. I'm a Saiyan with over a hundred stats set to basic attacks. But for that mission, I equipped a qq bang that would boost my ki attacks at the cost of basic attacks. I spammed destructo disc, sudden storm and super vanishing ball. Oh, and Energy Zone is good to restore health. Also, use Super Vegeta.
Can I add you on Steam? Maybe if I can get more people to join besides Mnich I can clear that mission.

~ Day of the Machines ~

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:40 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I'm a Saiyan and I'm a fighter. So I'm reluctanct to what you said because that is totally against what I am. :lol: That's why I need help, no matter the techniques I choose to go for.
I managed to pull off that mission with the help of some people who knew what they were doing online, thank god. I'm a Saiyan with over a hundred stats set to basic attacks. But for that mission, I equipped a qq bang that would boost my ki attacks at the cost of basic attacks. I spammed destructo disc, sudden storm and super vanishing ball. Oh, and Energy Zone is good to restore health. Also, use Super Vegeta.
Potential Unleashed is still better even if the Ki move boost is somewhat lower. The fact stamina and ki regeneration arent lowered in PU more than make up for it.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:
ryou766 wrote:I managed to pull off that mission with the help of some people who knew what they were doing online, thank god. I'm a Saiyan with over a hundred stats set to basic attacks. But for that mission, I equipped a qq bang that would boost my ki attacks at the cost of basic attacks. I spammed destructo disc, sudden storm and super vanishing ball. Oh, and Energy Zone is good to restore health. Also, use Super Vegeta.
Can I add you on Steam? Maybe if I can get more people to join besides Mnich I can clear that mission.
I'm a PS4 user. xD

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm still trying to beat Expert Mission 15 x.x... I almost did it yesterday, but when he was with just a tiny bit of health left, Janemba sent me to the other battleground, and I didn't manage to get back to him in time, because there was just 1 minute left -.-

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:02 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Hi guys, question, is the Super Future Trunks available in the standard game? Will Goku Black be available later in DLC?
Yes and yes. Future Trunks is unlocked by clearing the main story.
Grimlock wrote:Mine is Rodimus.
I love the Transformers thing you've got going! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Any PC players here? We need more ningens for this quest :)

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Something cool I like about XV2 is that now you can build a viable support character. Energy Zone and the Super Soul "Hmm!" pretty much makes you Dende in Expert Missions. XD Actually going to make a Namekian suited for that purpose.
Mnich wrote:Any PC players here? We need more ningens for this quest :)
Don't we have a Steam group for this or general games?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:26 pm

SSJ.Natto wrote:I'm still trying to beat Expert Mission 15 x.x... I almost did it yesterday, but when he was with just a tiny bit of health left, Janemba sent me to the other battleground, and I didn't manage to get back to him in time, because there was just 1 minute left -.-
Saiyans Are A Warrior Race and I Never Knew This Realm Existed can be pretty helpful during these missions as the attack boost from beating enemies and having allies knocked out respectively can provide a eventually sizable boost to your damage. A shame I Hope You Get Reborn As Someone Good does next to nothing in expert missions. The health restored isnt even noticeable.

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:30 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
SSJ.Natto wrote:I'm still trying to beat Expert Mission 15 x.x... I almost did it yesterday, but when he was with just a tiny bit of health left, Janemba sent me to the other battleground, and I didn't manage to get back to him in time, because there was just 1 minute left -.-
Saiyans Are A Warrior Race and I Never Knew This Realm Existed can be pretty helpful during these missions as the attack boost from beating enemies and having allies knocked out respectively can provide a eventually sizable boost to your damage. A shame I Hope You Get Reborn As Someone Good does next to nothing in expert missions. The health restored isnt even noticeable.
I've been using I'm Neither Kami nor Piccolo because of the health regeneration, but I will try with those you suggested. Thank you.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Yep. Just tried with everything suggested. No way to beat that mission without the help of other people.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Hey, I ascended into Godhood! I HAVE N OFFICIAL MOMMY CERTIFICATE TO CONFIRM IT!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 pm

I already sent you and invite. Don't think I'll be playing until the weekend, though. I have an intensive week at work.

My Steam user it's in mi signature, for those who want to add me.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:32 pm

I've been working a lot lately and really haven't had much time to play as much as I would like, but I gotta say, this is a great game. I've seen some mixed reviews, but I've never enjoyed a DBZ game more than this one. I just finished the story and feel like I have so much more to do which is such a welcome change from the original XV1. Now that you have raids and expert missions to go along with the parallel quests, there is so much more replay value. Sometimes I just have fun flying around Conton City and figuring out what I'm going to do next. The AI is improved and the battles seemed more intense thus far, and I absolutely love how training was handled. While some think DIMPS did crappy job of adopting MMO elements, I actually think they did fairly well.

I would love to see them take it a step further. While I think there is little chance they'll do a full fledged MMO due to the costs, I think they can add a few more elements to make it feel more like one. Firstly, I think they should make the story mode co-op in the next installment. Destiny is not the greatest game, but I think they can borrow some useful ideas from there. I haven't played much Destiny, but I did like how you can jump into a level by yourself and team up with other players that were already in the level. Or even treating the story mode like they do parallel quests. The story doesn't have to be a separate single player mode for a game that once players interacting with each other.

Secondly, it would be cool if they added guilds/clans in game. Guild houses can pretty much function how the time rifts (Guru's House, Capsule Corp, Hercule's House, etc.) throughout Conton city work. That would add another fun element to the game.

I would love for them to just make the damn MMO already, but I know that is an impossible dream. But if they follow a Destiny build, which XV2 is kind of similar too in a way with the hub world and all, I think we can get close to it. But overall, for what XV2 is right now, I think they did an excellent job. I've never felt more immersed in the Dragon Universe I do with this game, and with a little work and innovation, it can only get better from here. Man, what a time to be a Dragonball fan!
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:20 pm

Where are the other expert missions? I've only found the first 2 and yet I've beaten the story

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:35 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Where are the other expert missions? I've only found the first 2 and yet I've beaten the story
Apparently you have to beat them each offline first to access the next one. I don't know how anyone is supposed to know that, but that's what I read on this board.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721