"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:You know what I would love to happen in the upcoming episode... for Fused Zamasu and SSJB Vegetto to whip out their ki blades and have a lightsaber-like duel.

God that would be awesome. :P
I was thinking that something like that might happen. Zamasu would pull out his ki blade and Vegito would say something like "you call that a ki sword?" and impale him with his gigantic one.
Bansho64 wrote: Well, I don't think it necessarily shows a fear of trying something new, but I do think a hypothetical second son would be good with a new look. Personally, if I wanted a person who looks like Vegeta, then I'd either go to his dad or his brother. Or, for that matter, the original Vegeta Jr.

But yeah, I do think that a second son would be cool. He doesn't necessarily have to be named "Vegeta Jr" but I certainly wouldn't mind it.
I don't mind the name. It does make sense considering his dad had the same name also. Speaking of his dad, I'm kind of surprised he hasn't been more relevant in video games like Bardock.
Last edited by kinisking on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Goku's sacrifice in Z had "bye bye" in the title....

Trunks will probably not die though that's too much even for this arc.
I would not be surprised simply because Toriyama might use it as an excuse to not have to worry about the future setting again and the time travel surrounding it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 pm

I really doubt they'd kill off Trunks, no amtter how awesome I think that'll be. Mai on the other hand... Yeah, Trunks's loved ones are free game.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:You know what I would love to happen in the upcoming episode... for Fused Zamasu and SSJB Vegetto to whip out their ki blades and have a lightsaber-like duel.

We did see Zamasu with the ki blade in the NEP, so it might happen.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Can we get a "You were the chosen one!" moment between Gowasu and Zamasu, please? :)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:35 pm

ryou766 wrote:Can we get a "You were the chosen one!" moment between Gowasu and Zamasu, please? :)
"Only Kaiōshin speak in absolutes!"
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Can we get a "You were the chosen one!" moment between Gowasu and Zamasu, please? :)
"Only Kaiōshin speak in absolutes!"
No, seriously. Am I the only one getting Anakin vibes from Zamasu?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:39 pm

ryou766 wrote:No, seriously. Am I the only one getting Anakin vibes from Zamasu?
You're not, but that's not really surprising since Zamasu seems to relate to a number of other characters. Also, how would the "You underestimate my power" scene even work? :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryou766 wrote:No, seriously. Am I the only one getting Anakin vibes from Zamasu?
You're not, but that's not really surprising since Zamasu seems to relate to a number of other characters. Also, how would the "You underestimate my power" scene even work? :lol:
Zamasu being beaten severely by Vegetto and keeps persisting until his legs are chopped off. Lol, but then again, they'd regenerate.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:44 pm

ryou766 wrote:Zamasu being beaten severely by Vegetto and keeps persisting until his legs are chopped off. Lol, but then again, they'd regenerate.
Vegetto: "It's over, Zamasu! I have the high ground!"
Zamasu: "You underestimate my power!"
Vegetto: "Don't try it."
Zamasu: "GRAAAAAAAH!"
Vegetto: *slice*
Zamasu: "Oh wait." *regenerates*
Vegetto: "Really? Ugh, fine. Mafuba."
MyAnimeList | AniList

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:48 pm

i'm gonna call it right now, zeno will show up at the end of episode 66.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:50 pm

You know, if Trunks is killed, I can imagine Vegetto's closing line for the episode.

Zamasu: Don't you see? You can't win. Your pathetic maffuba failed, your fusion failed and now even your sinner of a son failed. Face it, Mortal. This immortal body will outlast you no matter how powerful you become!
*Vegetto Laughs*
Zamasu: You dare laugh at me!?
Vegetto: Immortal body? Good.
Zamasu: W-what?
Vegetto: Then there's no limit to the pain I can inflict upon you *Sends Zamasu a 'You done fucked up' glare* I don't want you dying on me before I hear you scream.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Well, about the recent leak I could say that would suck if we had Trunks dying now, I mean he could have been killed earlier. I really hope it's a farewell that he's not coming back and his world is fine now, the poor guy needs to encounter peace for once

thegamer23 wrote:Imagine Desperate Assault theme igniting as Trunks jumps at Zamasu's back, grabbing him with all the remaining power.

Than Vegetto strikes one last full power Big Bang-Kamehameha (or Spirit Bomb), as Trunks blows himself up as well.

A warrior vanishes in a distant, astonishing light. His name, Trunks. Son of the proud Sayan Prince.
Gosh, are you really willing to see another damn callback? Didn't we had enough of Trunks using all Vegeta's techniques and the Father-Son Galick Gun in the last episode? :eh:
Psykomatik wrote:Something like Cabba resurrecting all Saiyans from the seventh universe would be a great opportunity to bring back Bardock if you tell me.
Why would he even do that? He has no attach to Universe 7 whatsoever, besides respecting Vegeta.
Bansho64 wrote:No joke, if a hypothetical Vegeta Jr turned up instead of Bra, that'd be pretty cool :D
I would love it too, then we could put the question "Super is canon" to the rest, either with that or with Bra not being born :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Yedis wrote:Merged Zamasu is still immortal (As of Episode 65) so a sacrifice to get rid of him is not possible.
There's a distinct possibility that Zamasu could be killed if every cell was eradicated, similar to Boo's "immortality". I don't necessarily think that's the case, but it's possible.
Retired.

Teffo

Post by Teffo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Due to the leaked title, I was thinking what if they manage to seal Zamasu in the mafuba and they say goodbye forever to F. Trunks, they return to the past and for whatever reason, Zamasu escapes from the jar and they continue the fight now in the main timeline?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Teffo wrote:Due to the leaked title, I was thinking what if ... Zamasu escapes from the jar and they continue the fight now in the main timeline?
Why would you think this? Nothing in the title indicates it, and we know a that a new arc is going to be revealed soon. I guess it's technically possible, but don't count on it.
Retired.

Teffo

Post by Teffo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Teffo wrote:Due to the leaked title, I was thinking what if ... Zamasu escapes from the jar and they continue the fight now in the main timeline?
Why would you think this? Nothing in the title indicates it, and we know a that a new arc is going to be revealed soon. I guess it's technically possible, but don't count on it.
Yeah, I know, it was just a guess of mine and since they said the new arc will be revealed at Dec. and there's still 3 to 4 weeks left, and also the title says "farewell trunks" it was a random thought, anyway how you say, it's technically possible but it couldn't happen.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Teffo wrote:Due to the leaked title, I was thinking what if they manage to seal Zamasu in the mafuba and they say goodbye forever to F. Trunks.
At this point, I'm 99.9% sure that Zamasu will get sealed away. It was mentioned weeks ago that the Mafuba jar is vital to saving the future, either they will get the seal by someone (Bulma?) traveling back to the present to get it from Roshi (Certain preview indicates that Bulma will fix the Time Machine next episode), or Future Roshi is alive and they'll get the seal from him (Guess Turtle's appearance last episode wasn't just a mere cameo).

And about that new title. I'm getting the feeling that Trunks will pull a Genos and will save that little girl, except he will actually die, or maybe Mai is the one who'll die. Wouldn't be surprised if it just means the battle will end at #67 though.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:50 pm

Zamasu might get sealed away in trunks sword kind of like the elder Kaioshin. It's the only way I could see it becoming plot relevant after the little girl gets it.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:52 pm

kinisking wrote:Zamasu might get sealed away in trunks sword kind of like the elder Kaioshin. It's the only way I could see it becoming plot relevant after the little girl gets it.
That's... actually an interesting idea. I'd be totally satisfied if they could somehow mafuba him into the sword.
Retired.