"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:08 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
I have no clue what to do, and so does no one else apparently.
What's the normal ending like? Tbh I didn't even know there were 2 endings this time.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:09 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Ults this time around are kind of meant to be used when you stamina break the enemy.
Even so, when you have 50 seconds left and you're trying everything you can to get one and a half health bars down, it doesn't help that the computers use Ultimates so scarcely.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:33 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Ults this time around are kind of meant to be used when you stamina break the enemy.
Even so, when you have 50 seconds left and you're trying everything you can to get one and a half health bars down, it doesn't help that the computers use Ultimates so scarcely.
Use ults like Justice Combination and Darkness Rush. The former does over 7k damage for me.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:40 am

Speaking of it, I noticed sometimes the stamina recovers pretty fast for the CPU, is there a way for us to do the same? It takes ages to fill the bars for me.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:05 am

I'd really love for someone to translate the Japanese introduction dialogue between characters in Player Battles.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:05 am

Grimlock wrote:
Speaking of it, I noticed sometimes the stamina recovers pretty fast for the CPU, is there a way for us to do the same? It takes ages to fill the bars for me.
The recovery rate depends on how much stamina you have when it gets broken. Something along the lines of less stamina = longer recovery I believe. Could be wrong though.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:13 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
The recovery rate depends on how much stamina you have when it gets broken. Something along the lines of less stamina = longer recovery I believe. Could be wrong though.
Well I know for sure that your stamina refills much faster when your standing still on the ground (of course the stage has to have a ground, so Sky, Space, Tree of Might, etc. don't have that perk). But I don't know if that counts into recovery once stamina's broken.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:55 am

Is there somewhere some walktrough on how to unlock things? Like getting DB's, stages and characters?
Thanks a lot! Feeding Buu and Satan's missions are pain in the ass really, finished all others in no time.
Also, I am happy, that levelling in this game goes faster, so it's more ''more CAC'' friendly that previous game, as I finished most of the things in 3 days.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:54 pm

The stamina break game of XV2 is not fun. It's like walking into a TitanFall 2 match and getting blasted by some dude from afar. It's not fun. I'm a broken record about this I know, but it just irks me. I'm dreading the Greatest Under the Heavens Tournament when it appears, because its going to be stamina break to the top! I switcher over to the Japanese dub to see if Goku Black has any dialogue with anyone and nope. Nothing from him. They dropped the ball hard for him....
Also it turns out Giant Namekians are useful!... If your fighting a Great Ape. The little things get me through this game.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:27 pm

I just noticed that I didn't get Nuova Shenron's Burning Spin from Shenlong's wish. I checked my bag and even there it isn't listed. Will they fix this?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:29 pm

ryou766 wrote:I'd really love for someone to translate the Japanese introduction dialogue between characters in Player Battles.
Just look at the videos with the dub voices, they're essentially the same lines

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:31 pm

GTx10 wrote:The stamina break game of XV2 is not fun. It's like walking into a TitanFall 2 match and getting blasted by some dude from afar. It's not fun. I'm a broken record about this I know, but it just irks me. I'm dreading the Greatest Under the Heavens Tournament when it appears, because its going to be stamina break to the top! I switcher over to the Japanese dub to see if Goku Black has any dialogue with anyone and nope. Nothing from him. They dropped the ball hard for him....
Also it turns out Giant Namekians are useful!... If your fighting a Great Ape. The little things get me through this game.
Yeah and they really nerfed ultimates too. You pracdycally need to do stamina break before an
Ultimate

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ryou766 wrote:I'd really love for someone to translate the Japanese introduction dialogue between characters in Player Battles.
Just look at the videos with the dub voices, they're essentially the same lines
Really? I actually haven't listened to the dub since I first bought the game. I'll do that.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:37 pm

To be fair most Ultimates in the first one were bad because you couldn't combo into them, you basically needed luck to have them connect on anyone with half a brain. At least now they are all viable after a stamina break, managing you stamina is super important now if you don't wan't a face full of Final Flash.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:31 pm

FINALLY! I've finished all expert missions! And dang! #15 was a PAIN! I almost didn't make it again!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:To be fair most Ultimates in the first one were bad because you couldn't combo into them, you basically needed luck to have them connect on anyone with half a brain. At least now they are all viable after a stamina break, managing you stamina is super important now if you don't wan't a face full of Final Flash.
Could've sworn I could combo into a Super Kamehameha in XV1

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:48 pm

SSJ.Natto wrote:FINALLY! I've finished all expert missions! And dang! #15 was a PAIN! I almost didn't make it again!
Is it weird that in all of the expert missions, I've only lost to the timer? Though #15 almost killed me if it wasn't for the fact that the boss will politly stand around and let you revive everyone when they're down. Such a sweetheart.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Kanassa wrote:
SSJ.Natto wrote:FINALLY! I've finished all expert missions! And dang! #15 was a PAIN! I almost didn't make it again!
Is it weird that in all of the expert missions, I've only lost to the timer? Though #15 almost killed me if it wasn't for the fact that the boss will politly stand around and let you revive everyone when they're down. Such a sweetheart.
I lost to the timer a lot of times too. It's annoying how they just go "no selling" your attacks!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:24 pm

SSJ.Natto wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I lost to the timer a lot of times too. It's annoying how they just go "no selling" your attacks!
Golden Frieza Form owns the expert bosses, unless you get to the later stages where they start doing that tornado sheers attack that unless you're doing an ultimate attack kicks your ass.

The frieza death beam ki blast absolutely destroys apes in four hits.

THe worst thing about Expert missions for me is that the later levels have the boss throw their giant ki blast and one fo two things happen:
The blast goes out of bounds
You're there pushing back the blast while the boss goes away to fuck your team mates up and is not damaged when you reflect it
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:29 pm

I'm still hoping I'll at least get to play a little bit of this game for the first time today, but it's not looking too bright - still waiting on the freakin' UPS to actually deliver my system, and when I factor in set up time and all of that...

Remind me again why I paid two-day shipping to get it here day of when it's looking increasingly unlikely it'll actually pull that off? :evil:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)