"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:35 am

Grimlock wrote:Me. Because as I already said, they don't need it. They can shine through other methods, Super Saiyan is not the way. Raditz was fine with just the Oozaru form.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's disgustingly gimmicky. But I'm curious to see what such a design would look like.
Retired.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:43 am

Let's continue the analysis with the Ultimate Rare cards now.

SH1-29 Goku (SSJB)

HR Type
HP: 2800
Power: 6700
Guard: 2000

Pretty nice Power stat.

Temporal Transfer Card Action Ability where Goku calls Zeno if he is in the attack area and you have your Hero Avatar on your team after Round 2. Upon activation, all allies' Ki is reduced and if enemy Energy is 6 or more, this effect is increased. A lot of people are already calling this card lackluster due to this ability not directly affecting the state of the game immediately, but I think that it can definitely give you a drastic edge since you are able to stun enemies more effectively when they have less Ki, and therefore less of a cushion to withstand Super Attacks. Additionally, since SDBH allows you to use 7 cards on each team, the amount of Ki available becomes more and more important since team HP is increased, games will ultimately last longer, and more cards that have implications on Energy will be in the meta IMO.

His passive ability increases Energy by 1 every time he wins a Charge Impact. If he wins with a Perfect Charge Impact result, this effect is increased. (I assume this means 2 Energy instead of 1). It is unclear at this time if the increased Ki from this effect would be in play immediately and therefore allow Goku to trigger his Super Attack in the same turn or not. If that is indeed the case than this card is very good. If not, this card is still not bad.

Super Attack: God Kamehameha, costs 7 Energy.

6/10.

SH1-41 Merged Zamasu

BS Type
HP: 2900
Power: 6000
Guard: 1000

Unimpressive stats for a UR but that's not really an issue with this card.

God Meteor Card Action Ability. On the following turn, reduces the damage reduction percentage of characters in the support area by the amount of characters in the support area*20%. Nothing crazy.

His passive ability is where the craziness begins. When Merged Zamasu is in the attack area and enemy Battle Power is 7,000 or above, Merged Zamasu deals double damage as well as takes half damage that round. Merged Zamasu's base Power stat is 6,000. If you factor in the Scouter Bonus, Badge effects, as well as Power amplification effects of allies, his Power stat could easily break 40,000 in rounds 1 and 2 while also taking 50% less damage. The only downside to this strategy, is if Merged Zamasu is not the only character in the attack area and the enemy ends up attacking a different character. Ultimately I think this effect is extremely powerful and I think all DBH players are extremely thankful that this effect only lasts for the turn that it activates on, otherwise Merged Zamasu would completely break the game.

Super Attack: Fierce God Slicer, costs 7 Energy.

7.5/10.

SH1-49 Trunks: Xeno

HR Type
HP: 3200
Power: 3400
Guard: 3000

Triple Attack Card Action Ability that has an effect of reducing the attacked opponent's Power and Guard by 50% permanently when Super Triple Effect is activated. Pretty good. But again, reducing the stats of only a single character on now 7 character teams is not going to matter as much as it once did.

This card has a very niche passive ability, which is whenever Energy is destroyed, lower the damage reduction of the enemy team by 50%. It sounds like it would be difficulty to find a time where this effect would come into play, but then again we may start seeing Energy-destroying effects come into play a lot more frequently in the coming meta.

Super Attack: Burning Slash, costs 6 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that increases Power of all allies by current Energy amount*3,000 for one turn only when Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno are on the same team. I think this effect is extremely powerful on teams that try and build up energy during rounds 1 and 2 and then plan on unleashing everything in round 3. This could potentially give +30,000 Power to all 7 allies on your team, which nets a whopping 210,000 Power in total. That is actually insane. I am really excited to see this card in action and think it might actually be the sleeper of the set.

7/10.

SH1-50 Vegeks

EL Type
HP: 2700
Power: 4800
Guard: 1500

Fairly poor stats.

Burst Card Action Ability that reduces the Power and Guard of the enemy being attacked by 3,000 upon Super Burst activation. Pretty standard.

Passive effect of increasing Battle Power by 3,000 every time this card wins a Charge Impact. To me, this effect doesn't seem super useful because I don't think battles will go long enough for this to actually be relevant. Games usually end by rounds 3 or 4 at the latest, which would only net an increase of about 9,000 Battle Power. While this is nothing to scoff at, there are cards that allow for much greater increases in Battle Power that are also just overall better cards.

Super Attack: Burning Impact, costs 7 Energy.

I guess not all UR cards can be great. 5/10.

SH1-54 Majin Towa

HR Type
HP: 3500
Power: 3500
Guard: 2000

This card has the new Super Energy Card Action Ability that was introduced in this set of cards. What this does is, when this card is in the attack area during round 2 or later, this ability automatically activates and unleashes a blast of energy that deals damage to your enemy based on the amount of Energy you currently have. The more Energy you have, the more damage it will do. This specific card has an additional ability on top of that, that permanently reduces the Damage Reduction of the attacked enemy by 50%. I think this is a rather simple Card Action Ability and is neither super powerful nor super weak. I think it is definitely better than something like Sparking, but definitely weaker than something like Freeze Mode.

Her passive ability increases the Charge Impact speed of the entire enemy team if they have more than 8,000 Battle Power by a super amount. I think this ability is extremely, extremely, extremely powerful. First of all, there is no prerequisite for this ability to activate (Towa does not even need to be in the attack position). Every single time the enemy team tries to ramp up a respectable Battle Power, they are instantly punished without any way of working around it every single round. This ability alone makes this card usable on almost any team. The only thing you could say about this ability, is that no matter how fast the Charge Impact speed is, a veteran player will almost always get a perfect anyway. So in that sense this ability is not completely broken but I definitely think it is at least worth trying out.

Super Attack: Infinite Killzone, costs 4 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that prevents Towa's team from losing Energy during rounds other than when the Ultimate Unit Effect was activated when Mira and General Bon are on the same team. Costs 2 Energy. Pretty powerful effect.

I think this card is pretty powerful on its own even without the Ultimate Unit Effect because her passive ability allows people who don't have great cards to steal wins due to the opponent simply being unable to win Charge Impacts some of the time, 6.5/10.

SH1-60 Bulma

SP Type
HP: 3300
Power: 1000

We're moving into uncharted territory with this card folks. This is Dragon Ball Heroes' first special type card and it's a UR no less. I've spent a while thinking about how good this card actually is and I've been looking over some other peoples' thoughts about it and I am pretty sure that this card is on the edge of being overpowered.

Her Attack Effect allows Bulma to be attached to an ally, thereby fully restoring all of that ally's Ki and whenever that ally wins a Charge Impact, that ally will then be able to activate their Super Attack, regardless of Energy. I think this effect alone could break the game. The Energy mechanic is something that has been a core part of DBH since the game was released and being able to just ignore it is game-breaking. Yes, some supporting units can already grant this ability through some Link-line effects, and if you research some of the disgusting combos that can be pulled off with those kinds of strategies, you will find that some God Boss levels have been cleared within 1 round with not even 2 attacks.

Her Supporting Effect allows Bulma to change the attack area to increase the Power of allies that are in it. The amount of Power increased is dependent on the amount of Ki consumed during the Decision Phase. At this time it is impossible to evaluate how strong this effect is because the card text simply does not give us specifics on exactly how much the Power stat will increase by - but I just hope that the developers were extremely careful because this effect could prove to be extremely powerful especially when stacked on top of the already endless Power multiplying effects that exist in the game.

Overall I feel that this card will be used in most teams starting next week and I think that we can expect to see at least one Special Type character to be used in every team from now on. The effects that these cards bring to the table are simply way too powerful to be ignored and I am just glad that the developers decided to limit the amount of Special Type character to 1 per team. 8.5/10.

That concludes my analysis of this set's UR cards. So far there haven't been any REALLY broken cards yet. But we will see what happens when the SEC cards are revealed. By the way, in case you guys were wondering there are rumors that the two SEC cards that are set to be released in this set are SSJ Raditz and SSJB Vegito. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Before I conclude my post, I wanted to cover two additional cards that I think are actually very very good. One of which is quite comparable in strength to HJ8-CP1 Syn Shenron:

SH1-CP4 Super Gogeta

EL Type
HP: 2700
Power: 4700
Guard: 1500

Super Energy Card Action Ability with an added effect that deals a super amount of energy damage on activation. This is the same Card Action Ability that I discussed earlier with Majin Towa, except in Gogeta's case, his added effect just deals another layer of damage. Not bad.

His passive is where all of his usefulness comes from. It is the same passive as the Syn Shenron campaign card from the last Shadow Dragon Mission, which is still widely used in decks centered around ending the game on round 3. What the passive does, is it takes the sum of this card's Power and Guard stat and adds it to Battle Power during round 3 only. The reason why this is so powerful is because during turns 1 and 2, other cards can be used to increase Gogeta's Power stat (especially Tarble) in order to increase the amount of Battle Power his passive will give him on round 3. By utilizing this method effectively, Gogeta's team is basically guaranteed to have the higher Battle Power in round 3, and therefore attack first, have a nice chance of stunning the enemy, etc.

Super Attack: Soul Punished, costs 7 Energy.

I think this card will definitely see play and I am excited to start seeing people using this card over Syn Shenron, which has been used for ages. 7.5/10.

PJS-03 Vegeta (SSJB)

BS Type
HP: 2600
Power: 7000

This card has a Lock-on Card Action Ability that, when activated, allows this card to bypass all damage reduction plus ignore the Guard of the enemy being attacked. This is very powerful and will allow Vegeta to hit extremely hard. Especially on defensive cards that are banking on their high Guard.

Vegeta's passive ability grants him a 5,000 Power increase for every 5,000 enemy Battle Power. This is a good check to cards such as Majuub, Syn Shenron, and Gogeta who I just finished talking about. This passive ability is extremely strong and is similar to but a little weaker than HGD4-SEC Dabura: Xeno because although Vegeta's passive allows him to increase his Power by 2,000 more than Dabura can per 5,000 enemy Battle Power, it does not allow Vegeta to destroy enemy Energy. And that is a huge downside and a reason Dabura has remained in the meta for so long.

Super Attack: God Final Flash, costs 7 Energy.

6/10.

That will conclude my analysis of Super Dragon Ball Heroes' first set of cards excluding the two SEC cards that have yet to be revealed. When they are either officially revealed or leaked, I will be sure to analyze those as well. Unfortunately, the SP Type Zeno card is too bad to even worth mentioning. Thank you for reading my rather in-depth analysis and I hope you enjoyed exploring all of these new cards as much as I did.
Last edited by Goresh on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zero-ELEC

Post by Zero-ELEC » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:52 am

Thanks for the analysis.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:58 am

Grimlock wrote:Me. Because as I already said, they don't need it. They can shine through other methods, Super Saiyan is not the way. Raditz was fine with just the Oozaru form.
Hey, don't be a dark rain cloud on my parade! As much as I like the Mullet Ape, I've been waiting for SS Raditz since 2003.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I bet in 5 years from now, we will probably have SSj4 Raditz.
I'm more interested in seeing what an SS4 Nappa would look like. But who isn't?
I'm interested both, but I think we could skip SS3 since, thanks to Future Trunks, SS2 (with training) can be as powerful as SS3 with none of the drawbacks. Plus SS3 Raditz would look ridiculous.
In the meantime, bring on SS Nappa and SS Pan.

The real question is when will Demon God Legendary Super Saiyan Broly appear? :shock:
Last edited by ShadowBardock89 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:59 am

I just remembered that on the back of the cards, it says what form a character is in below their name. I can read when it says Base, Kaioken, SSJ, etc... but I don't know what it says on this Piccolo card:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Do y'all know what the form is called?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:52 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:Do y'all know what the form is called?
It's his merger with God.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:10 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:Do y'all know what the form is called?
It's his merger with God.
Ah, so it's Kamiccolo. I also noticed that Nailcolo has a new card too.

Pretty snazzy stuff.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Just like most things in Heroes, yesterday's Dragon Ball AF is now a reality. I still remember seeing this image on Google when I was 12 and thought it was legit.

13 years later, SSj Raditz is now a real thing.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Everything from tge old AF days are now real in Heroes expect Xicor and Super Saiyan 5 now it seems.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:54 pm

The real question is when will Demon God Legendary Super Saiyan Broly appear? :shock:
It's that even possible for him though??? like Broly is evil and all but he still a saiyan, while Towa and Demigra are like from a Demon race and that's why they can achieve that form, now if that ever happened i'm pretty sure he would look very cool and badass so i'm all for it, now i wonder what the other SEC is now that we know one of them is Raditz SS, since i totally didn't see that coming it makes me hopeful that the other one is the new SS4. if it was Bardock it would be father and son achieving new forms as the SEC's.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Just like most things in Heroes, yesterday's Dragon Ball AF is now a reality. I still remember seeing this image on Google when I was 12 and thought it was legit.

13 years later, SSj Raditz is now a real thing.
I remember a rumor that Raditz was going to appear in GT as a Super Saiyan. While Raditz did make a cameo appearance (seriously? Not even a scene like Vegeta and Nappa?), no Super Saiyan was shown.
That image as well as this image:
was in the Google search at the time.

Good fan art, but now we get OFFICIAL ART!!!! Its insane!!!!
Dragotaker wrote: It's that even possible for him though??? like Broly is evil and all but he still a saiyan, while Towa and Demigra are like from a Demon race and that's why they can achieve that form, now if that ever happened i'm pretty sure he would look very cool and badass so i'm all for it, now i wonder what the other SEC is now that we know one of them is Raditz SS, since i totally didn't see that coming it makes me hopeful that the other one is the new SS4. if it was Bardock it would be father and son achieving new forms as the SEC's.
I was referring to it as maybe a polar opposite of SSGSS aka Super Saiyan Blue (instead of god ki, its demon ki, etc.) with the name LSSDGLSS . As for the SS4, I'm willing to bet its Bardock or Time Patrol Trunks. I wonder if we will start getting What-ifs of Super Saiyan Blue not long from now?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:31 pm

So are they using "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" or "Super Saiyan Blue" on the Super Heroes cards?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:35 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:So are they using "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" or "Super Saiyan Blue" on the Super Heroes cards?
If I recall, it's "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan". It's only in-universe that "Super Saiyan Blue" is used, for some odd reason.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:So are they using "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" or "Super Saiyan Blue" on the Super Heroes cards?
If I recall, it's "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan". It's only in-universe that "Super Saiyan Blue" is used, for some odd reason.
Ugh, Super Heroes would have been the perfect time to switch to the modern terminology.

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:46 pm

Super Saiyan Raditz...can't wait for SSJ2/3/4/SSG/SSGSS Raditz!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:Super Saiyan Raditz...can't wait for SSJ2/3/4/SSG/SSGSS Raditz!
I bet if they do any of these SSJ2 Raditz will be visually identical to SSJ1, but with sparks, and SSJ3 will be the same as that but with the SSJ3 brow.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:04 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Ugh, Super Heroes would have been the perfect time to switch to the modern terminology.
Oh, Super Heroes? In that case, I can't confirm, but I would heavily assume it is still SSGSS.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Ugh, Super Heroes would have been the perfect time to switch to the modern terminology.
The names are both still being used for a reason.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:52 am

Better look at Super Saiyan Xeno Vegenks.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:25 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:Super Saiyan Raditz...can't wait for SSJ2/3/4/SSG/SSGSS Raditz!
I bet if they do any of these SSJ2 Raditz will be visually identical to SSJ1, but with sparks, and SSJ3 will be the same as that but with the SSJ3 brow.
I've always thought it'd be cool if Raditz's hair got shorter in SSJ3