"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm glad Vegito doesn't get the final kill. I never liked the idea of fusion being being the automatic win for anything (Aside from movie 12) and I like that they seem to be keeping that up.

I'd have preferred they use the Mafuba or trunks killing a diffused Black, but I won't be too salty if Zeno shows up, mostly because this entire Arc has been good. At least to me.

But I'll see how things play out before I make any judgement. Not a lot of people thought the idea of an "Evil Goku" or "Vegito coming back" to be all that appealing at first either. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Noah wrote:
Araki wrote:People whining in advance about episodes no one watched yet is always annoying.
Can't you just understand that this is the tradition of this forum? It could make you feel better.

About recent spoilers:

I can just say that will wait for how it plays out, Zeno erasing Zamasu for good would pretty much ruin this arc for me

Had Herms confirmed all this stuff? I only trust in him.
Herms's translation:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/797140086928261122

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm

MagmonKai wrote:What's next Hit can beat Goku Black...when will it end?
I believe this sheds a fair amount of light on the matter.

Re: Zen'ou
At first I was incredibly disappointed and angry, but think about it. If Zamasu is destroyed and not simply... "taken captive", this is actually amazing. Because it means that Zamasu was such an unstoppable villain that he had to be taken out by the Omni-King, of all people. :clap: Also, it'll be interesting to hear his thoughts on time travel, and perhaps a date for the tournament?
Last edited by Anime Kitten on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Zeno. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:11 pm

Noah wrote:
Araki wrote:People whining in advance about episodes no one watched yet is always annoying.
Can't you just understand that this is the tradition of this forum? It could make you feel better.

About recent spoilers:

I can just say that will wait for how it plays out, Zeno erasing Zamasu for good would pretty much ruin this arc for me

Had Herms confirmed all this stuff? I only trust in him.

Ruin the arc???? lol what a cry baby...what do you expect against an Immortal please explain???

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Seriously. Why are people finding a problem with this? I always figured the Zeno button would come into play, it was inevitable. Even though my prediction was SLIGHTLY off -- I assumed that Vegetto would beat Zamasu into a pulp, then would be sealed before Zeno shows up and deals with the sealed Zamasu to prevent anything from happening in the future before Trunks gets rewarded.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Zeno. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Lujin_16 wrote: Ruin the arc???? lol what a cry baby...hat do you expect against an Immortal please explain???

These aren't suitable posts.

You should know what's expected of you on this forum by this point.

If not, reassess the forum rules before making further posts.

Thank you.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:15 pm

We don't even know for sure if Zeno appears, how can we know what he'll do in Episode 68?

I think some are over reacting!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:Ruin the arc???? lol what a cry baby...what do you expect against an Immortal please explain???
Well, I'd expect more than just a dumb plot device, in the end we had countless of rage boosts, a bunch of rematches, an inexplicable new form, fusion and all that amounts to nothing. Is not my business if you do enjoy anything feasible just because has "Dragon Ball" labelled on it
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Zamasu it would be taken out by the Omni-King because is the last thing that Goku can do (that button), since Vegetto will have some stupid weakness, all Gods are dead and mafuba can't be used again. For now, i don't like this, but we'll see.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Oh God, no, please. :?

What's the point of the whole arc if a cheat character like Zeno destroys the villian? Such entities like the Grand Priest, Whis and Zeno should be left out of any battle or conflict, for the sake of good storytelling.

I hope it's something more than what it seems so far.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Avok wrote:Oh God, no, please. :?

What's the point of the whole arc if a cheat character like Zeno destroys the villian? Such entities like the Grand Priest, Whis and Zeno should be left out of any battle or conflict, for the sake of good storytelling.

They're fighting an immortal who gets stronger through battle. When has this battle been remotely fair? A cheap character takes out another cheap character.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Noah wrote:Well, I'd expect more than just a dumb plot device, in the end we had countless of rage boosts, a bunch of rematches, an inexplicable new form, fusion and all that amounts to nothing. Is not my business if you do enjoy anything feasible just because has "Dragon Ball" labelled on it
You basically described the Boo arc.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:46 pm

HeroR wrote:

They're fighting an immortal who gets stronger through battle. When has this battle been remotely fair? A cheap character takes out another cheap character.
Exactly plus they've literally tried everything to defeat him themselves. It's not like this the end of #57 (after one battle) they lose and Goku summons Zen-oh.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:48 pm

I hope people read the summary beyond Zeno possibly appearing. It seems Vegito and Trunks DO defeat Zamasu--at least, his physical form.

There's no way for them to battle air, so it makes sense for other means to be used. I'm actually curious as to how Zeno will handle this. Hopefully, it isn't completely anticlimactic.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:50 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Noah wrote:Well, I'd expect more than just a dumb plot device, in the end we had countless of rage boosts, a bunch of rematches, an inexplicable new form, fusion and all that amounts to nothing. Is not my business if you do enjoy anything feasible just because has "Dragon Ball" labelled on it
You basically described the Boo arc.
Haha that's crazy! Can't say I would've made the connection until Noah's post. The Buu arc is basically just that, but replace rage boosts with more fusion and transformations.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:51 pm

I can't be the only who thinks that it is not the Zeno from the present timeline but the one from the future that appears.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:55 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I can't be the only who thinks that it is not the Zeno from the present timeline but the one from the future that appears.
I'm kinda of hoping that's what happens. I can't imagine Zeno could be called from another timeline. Also it would be interesting to see what this Future Zeno has been doing since all his working staff seems to have "Mysteriously" vanished and what his reaction would be.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:I guess among other things, they are designed to identify acceptable users.

These earings are very powerful items, they promote you to kaioshin (if your of the right race), let you use time rings and allow fusion. I wonder who came up with the idea for them (in universe I mean)? There very versatile tools, hell if they had actually thought about it the U7 kaioshin could have all fused and beat Buu. But among other things giving up your own individuality is a very hard choice to make, as many characters in this series have shown.
Old Kaioshin said that you can only use the Potara fusion "once", meaning a Potara fusion (Kibitoshin, for example), wouldn't be able to fuse with someone else (like the South Kaioshin).
They all have earings so just keep keep using a new set. But even Grand Kaioshin and South Kaioshin would have been enough, going by the anime anyway.

Anyway onto the news.

Well Zeno button its is, one the one had its a shame the heroes dont beat him but on the other...as a Zamasu fan I think of it as the highest honor that it took the lord of everything to beat my favorite villain.

So forget the button, what the heck is going on with Zamasu!?!?!? "His Body Covers the Sky!" What the actual hell!

Edit: so he becomes incorporeal...ok still what the hell!
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:57 pm

HeroR wrote:

That's plain dumb. Don't introduce a character so strong that you can't come up with a way for the characters to defeat him without resorting to plot devices and excuses. It's the final battle of Naruto all over again!

The Mafuba was the perfect way to defeat him. It made sense, and it is a move we've already seen before, but hey, the writers care more about making Goku a 2-year old who forgets crucial elements to the battle than about good storytelling.

I don't want to get to harsh because we don't know what'll really go down, but if it really happens then idk anymore.