What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:59 am

VICDBZ wrote:New arrivals
That Vegeta looks very weird. Maybe its because of the distance but the figure looks like he has no teeth compared to the image shown on the box.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:24 pm

I finally own the pair!

Found part 2 (the one on the left) for a reasonable price after months of waiting. So beautiful.

Now there just remains one more Dragon Ball holy grail that is only available on VHS...

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:05 pm

I recently found out the Full Color Viz releases were mostly uncensored and have the original Japanese sound effects, so I HAVE to get them, they just haven't arrived yet... Not only that, it looks like they "fixed" Cargo's name... their old translation used Scargo, the full color release uses Karugo...

A step in the right direction?... My hope is that they'll change names later on, maybe they don't wanna "fix" Satan City's signs back to "Hercopolis", maybe they'll leave his name as Mr. Satan! Maybe Majin Boo will stay Majin Boo and Vegerot will go back to being Vegetto! Apparently they didn't sell well originally, but if they're "fixing" names and leaving the arc untouched (Not Popo though!), I want them to go as far as the Boo Arc. And then the Boyhood and Piccolo Daimao arcs.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Found my old VCR, so I decided to get these babies.

Was hesitant at first since I have the Rock the Dragon set, but when I saw them like this, I just had to have them.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:25 am

The Time Traveller wrote: Not only that, it looks like they "fixed" Cargo's name... their old translation used Scargo, the full color release uses Karugo...
I thought that they used "Scargo" to roll with the pun of "escargot." I personally never cared about this stuff because there were a lot of different names in the manga (Vegerot, Djinn, etc.). It never bothered me as I know what the names are supposed to be. Still, nice.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:34 pm

Got this a day after release. :P
[spoiler]Image
(Again, apologies for the poor quality.)[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:04 pm

She came at last!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:31 am

Just bought Keychain figures of LSS3 Broly, Great Ape Broly, and SS4 Broly. Truly terrifying.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:01 am

fps_anth wrote:Image

I finally own the pair!

Found part 2 (the one on the left) for a reasonable price after months of waiting. So beautiful.

Now there just remains one more Dragon Ball holy grail that is only available on VHS...
Any chance you can do the fandom a favour and make some hi resolution scans of those jackets?

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:15 pm

ImageImageImage

Got these little guys on ebay since I'll never have a spare $800 to get that Super Battle Collection 3 pack. Okay, I might have the spare $800 but thats a lot to spend on toys.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:14 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
fps_anth wrote:Image

I finally own the pair!

Any chance you can do the fandom a favour and make some hi resolution scans of those jackets?
So I gave it a shot... but as it turns out, my scanner is kinda garbage. I'll upload it anyways for everyone to take a look:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I've also uploaded the RAW tif file here, if that helps. Let me know if there's any point in scanning the other one, or if I should just try once I get my hands on a higher quality scanner :P

Anyways...

Christmas just came early!

I've finally managed to get my hands on the appropriately named Dragon Ball Z "Big Box":

ImageImage

But what's inside the big box, you may ask?

ImageImageImage

It's quite the combination of goods, seemingly aimed at the hardcore collector. It includes a diorama-esque insert of the Tenkaichi Budokai stadium, where you can pop out the characters and place them in front of that background as you see fit.

Further, it includes a full script of DBZ episodes 229 and 237.

There's also a cassette tape and CD. I'm not sure what's on the cassette tape, but that CD is pretty special...

It includes RAW, complete audio of the entire episode 229 and 237 of DBZ! The quality is crystal fucking clear, puts any official release (And even those higher quality original broadcast audio recordings) completely to shame!

Unfortunately, it looks like only 229 and 237 exist at this quality. Toei seems to have trashed their master audio tapes for the other episodes of Dragon Ball, so the only way to watch these episodes in crystal clear audio quality would be to rip the audio from these CDs and somehow add it to the footage of the episode. What a shame :(

BUT IT DOESN'T END THERE:

ImageImage

DRAGON BOX ZA MOOOOOVIES

Finally! It's a little banged up but for the amazing price I got it at, I can't complain at all.

ImageImage
As per usual with the Dragon Boxes, you also get a Dragon Book, with various art work and character designs, along with a sketch from Toriyama himself:

ImageImage

Finally... the money shot:

:) :) :)

While I own the North American releases of the Z Dragon Boxes... I might as well finish the Japanese D Box collection at this point!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:28 pm

VICDBZ wrote:New arrivals
Does that SSJ Gotenks have a custom paint job? Because I have the MSP Base Gotenks in the exact same pose and afaik there was no release of Super Gotenks

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:44 pm

fps_anth wrote: While I own the North American releases of the Z Dragon Boxes... I might as well finish the Japanese D Box collection at this point!
That's awesome. I absolutely know the feeling. I just had to get all of the Japanese Dragon Boxes even after I got the U.S. one for Z. Every now and then I check eBay to see if the prices changed (I'm curious to see if what I paid was worth it) and I find the Dragon Boxes (especially Z) have rise in in price so much. Like I saw one for $10,000. Ridiculous crap like that. I hope you find a good deal though!

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:18 pm

I just got Dragon Ball Fusions yesterday on Christmas Eve

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:51 pm

Found these at a garage sale this morning for 25 cents a piece, and couldn't say no!

Obviously a dead format, but still had quite a thrill picking them up and holding them, just as I did with so many DBZ VHS tapes as a youngster.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:44 pm

My birthday/Christmas gift, courtesy of my girlfriend. Plus a (possible) figure (either Beerus or Whis, she won't tell me!) that is still stuck in customs.

The quality rocks on these Full Colors. The artwork and colors at this size are sublime (I own the Japanese volumes as well, and the size upgrade is worth it). Now, to get that volume 2 and the Freeza volumes...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:15 pm

My old wallet finally tore apart so I thought, why not? It's nothing special but it looked kinda neat.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Straight from AmazonUK for 12 quid.

DBGT101
Patreon Supporter

Post by DBGT101 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Picked these up today at Disc Replay, The BoG set is complete with some minor damage to the box and booklet. No scratches on either of the discs. Ignore the Sonic game.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Just ordered this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The next 3 - 8 weeks are gonna be torture waiting for this!

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:06 am

Not bad for $400, huh? :P

*Prepares to sell off his funiboxes to recoup the loss*
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump