"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Kishido wrote:Hit looks a bit like Cell.

So Gohan has to beat him
It's funny that people said the same thing in Champa Arc :lol:

I miss Gohan
Kanassa wrote:I feel like it'll be foreshadowing the next arc, like the person who sent Hit is the next arc's villain. Like ho the time travel fuel was seen in the filler episodes before the Black Arc.
Could it be the ultimate villain of Dragon Ball Super, greater than Zamasus? :shock:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:06 pm

I know they just reused Champa arc artwork, but I still hope they give Gokû his Champa arc dougi back.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:06 pm

Sigh. Another mention of freaking Gohan. Let. It. Go. Guys. He's gone!!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Legion wrote:Kami sama Explorer ( very reliable,usually) said that this is another toei saga.....but i wait another news.
But surely they would not bring back Hit to kill Goku for an arc made up by Toei.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:I know they just reused Champa arc artwork, but I still hope they give Gokû his Champa arc dougi back.
Fingers crossed.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:17 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Legion wrote:Kami sama Explorer ( very reliable,usually) said that this is another toei saga.....but i wait another news.
But surely they would not bring back Hit to kill Goku for an arc made up by Toei.
A) It was just Whis training, he hire him, it won't be important in the end.
B) Or to hint the next villain/next plot, the guy who order the hit is related to the next arc, like when they put Bulma blue fuel for the Time-machine in Potaufeu saga.
C) Or something else.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:23 pm

Champa playing baseball? Goku and Arale in a gag battle? And Hit making a comeback with his target being Goku?

Where do I give all money to Toei?

This all sounds fantastic. :clap: :P

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:27 pm

It's up to Pan, Bra and uncle Piccoyo to avenge Goku 8).

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:55 pm

So excited for the baseball game!

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:14 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Yes, but in the last interview Toyotaro said "The anime is a little bit further along than I am, but in the near future I'll be ahead, so the information will be going back to them."

So, is possibile that this is really a toei saga, but we'll see.

Hit is popular, it's not strange that toei uses his character.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Hit can survive in vacum (he defeated Frost outside Vados's barrier). But, how in hell can he go from U6 to U7?
Goku vs Arale?

I don't know, but I think it's fake!
Vados Sama!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Noah wrote:
kinisking wrote:I can't wait until the end of this arc and the manga has skipped Gohan and Future trunks, vastly shortened the training with Vegeta, gotten rid of any development for kid trunks, omitted the "its okay" moment vegeta says to trunks in episode 50, slipped over bulma a death, has much less back story on black and trunks relationship, shortens and development Zamasu gets, gets rid of trunks ptsd like symptoms and more but people will say it's the better version.

On another note, I wish toyotorou was character designer.
You already said that mate
Psykomatik wrote:November 27: Come here Shenron!! Whose dream will come true?
December 4: Goku vs Arale! The earth comes to an end due to their battle?
December 11: Challenge from Champa Let’s fight in baseball!
December 18: Goku dies! Assassination order that must be performed.

Here too, according to YounkouProductions.
An episode about a wish made by the Dragon Balls, is this the start of the slice of life or it's the aftermath of Future Trunks arc?

I don't get it, isn't supposed to Arale be low Daimao-tier? How she is able to harm current Goku? Probably a gag battle

Huh, more Champa shenaningans? Seems uninteresting

As much I would like Goku to not be envolved, they'll actually kill him the first episode of arc for drama sake? I'm afraid that could be lame. Anyway I'm excited for the return of Cabba and Hit :D
I meant to post it in the manga thread. When I realized I posted it in the wrong thread, I posted it in the manga thread and tried to delete this one. I guess it never deleted though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:39 pm

Smilodon wrote:Hit can survive in vacum (he defeated Frost outside Vados's barrier). But, how in hell can he go from U6 to U7?
Goku vs Arale?

I don't know, but I think it's fake!
Herms never translates dubious things. If he translated this thing, it's sure to be true.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:49 pm

So Gohan has to beat him
Stop mate....... me reading this is making me miss how Gohan should have been treated and how his treatment was poured into fcking Trunks.....
Man this is really making me miss Gohan....

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Avok wrote:So excited for the baseball game!
Especially as Yamcha is involved.

I bet Piccolo catches the ball with his stretchy arm and that Vegeta gets kicked out for destroying the ball.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:54 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:

So Gohan has to beat him
Stop mate....... me reading this is making me miss how Gohan should have been treated and how his treatment was poured into fcking Trunks.....
Listen guys..

Even though it's highly unlikely for Gohan to make a return as it seems toriyama specifically said to both anime and manga to forget he freaking still exists, Super still has been giving us a lot of fanservice..
Let's have faith in toie for once.. If it totally dosent contradict toriyamas orders they will manage to put him in some filler episodes
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:

So Gohan has to beat him
Listen guys..

Even though it's highly unlikely for Gohan to make a return as it seems toriyama specifically said to both anime and manga to forget he freaking still exists, Super still has been giving us a lot of fanservice..
Let's have faith in toie for once.. If it totally dosent contradict toriyamas orders they will manage to put him in some filler episodes
It would be cool for once if lets say Hit's about to deal the final blow on Goku then Gohan enters with his mystic form+blue aura ki and smirks at Hit and gives him the beatdown of his lifetime..... heh, a man can dream.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:04 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Listen guys..

It would be cool for once if lets say Hit's about to deal the final blow on Goku then Gohan enters with his mystic form+blue aura ki and smirks at Hit and gives him the beatdown of his lifetime..... heh, a man can dream.
I know right :D
Been Saying the same thing myself too

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36209&p=1192606#p1192606
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Ah, shit. This all sounds really fun. Hopefully it's well-scripted.

I could see Hit's client either leading into the next arc or just being Champa for a bit of fun fluff. Champa definitely has the motive, offing his biggest competition before the next tournament, and a way to provide transportation between universes.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:12 pm

I refuse to get hype about Hit until I know for sure if it's "Filler" or not and what it means for future episodes if anything. It does sound interesting though.

Personally I can't wait for the arale episode. I felt cheated when she only appeared for 5 seconds last time. Now we have a whole episode!
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.