"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:08 pm

ryou766 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:So when will we be seeing our lord and saviour Toyotaro as he saves us from the shackles of anime lunacy, with his supreme ultimate perfect not at all flawed version of the manga. I light a candle every night and pray to him, our dragon ball god, to save Dragon Ball Super.
Someone take a picture of Zamasu saying "Praise me, revere me!" and replace his face with Toyotaro's.
Those filthy anime Ningen's do not understand the pure greatness and supremacy that is Toyotaro. He the angel like Whis, saving us from the demons that are the anime. Soon he will merge with Toriyama and we will have a new supreme manga. They will purge the universe from the anime Ningen's.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:12 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:So when will we be seeing our lord and saviour Toyotaro as he saves us from the shackles of anime lunacy, with his supreme ultimate perfect not at all flawed version of the manga. I light a candle every night and pray to him, our dragon ball god, to save Dragon Ball Super.
Someone take a picture of Zamasu saying "Praise me, revere me!" and replace his face with Toyotaro's.
Those filthy anime Ningen's do not understand the pure greatness and supremacy that is Toyotaro. He the angel like Whis, saving us from the demons that are the anime. Soon he will merge with Toriyama and we will have a new supreme manga. They will purge the universe from the anime Ningen's.
Toyotama.
No, it's not him.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Judging by anime and manga's pace, why does Toriyama write such short story like U6 and Black arc? His manga's where much much larger. I think we might get a very long arc after this one. Its like Raditz , nappa &vegeta arc we got the Freeza arc.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:18 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Alright, I'm getting tired of this, so I'm just gonna cut a shortcut and join two of these points together because they both have the same issue with them
kinisking wrote: Again it's not about calling it or thinking of it as an actual masterpiece. It's thinking it's a master piece compared to the anime. A.K.A thinking it's way better than the anime.
FFS since the beginning I've been trying to tell you that what I bolded isn't what I've been trying to say. I've said since the beginning they're treating like it is. I literally even said something along the lines of acting and treating are different things! READ!
You're original statement was this,
kinisking wrote: Because there are people going in the anime threads and trying to act like the manga is a master piece in comparison.
which you've changed constantly over the course of this convo. But, yeah, it wasn't what you were trying to say at the beginning. Because it was literally what you said at the beginning. If you don't want people getting confused about what you're points are, don't keep changing them and keep consistency. Especially before launching a personal attack at me about my reading. Heck, at one point, you said people were making it seem like the manga is a masterpiece.
Yes, yes it too much and you're exaggerating by a lot. Most of those quotes didn't have much wrong with them and you're acting like they just said the anime was trash.
kinisking wrote:I'm tired of this conversation.
So am I. This is going nowhere and I don't wanna drink up the thread with negativity when a new chapter for the manga just came. If you'd like, we can either end this here or discuss it in P.Ms. I'd rather do the latter but it's your choice.
I bolded the wrong part of the sentence. I meant to bold the other part. My stance from the beginning has been that they're treating it like it's a masterpiece in comparison. Not that it's actually a masterpiece. I never changed my opinion on that which is evidenced by the same thing being in my original post and in my last post on the topic. I'm only saying this on the thread because someone else might have been confused by my incorrect bolding. We can discuss the rest in P.M's but I don't think they'res much left to say.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:22 pm

kinisking wrote:We can discuss the rest in P.M's but I don't think they'res much left to say.
Sure man. Like you said, there's really not much left to say, but I'm open for P.Ms. I'm honestly tired of arguing though, so I'd mainly be up for conversation instead of the former.
Edit: My sincerest apologies to others who have been reading this thread. I know this has been a pain to scroll through, so that y'all can actually talk about the new chapter.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Just noticed that Mai is still in the destroyed Capsule Building. She never got up and continued fighting Black. Here she stayed knocked out from Black's attack until Trunks saved her

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 pm

Noah wrote: Oh, thank god! So that actually don't mean that Goku never kissed a girl? Like most Kanzenshuu-goers
Other way around: Vegeta makes it clear that he's talking about kissing when Gokuu's declaring that he's never done that. Whereas the in the anime, the audience knew Vegeta was talking about kissing, but Gokuu could've thought he meant feeding someone mouth to mouth. The manga left no ambiguity, having him acknowledge that he's never kissed anyone. So...all the fanfics are wrong, he's still a pure and innocent boy (who still ended up with 2 kids, through Chichi's "hard work" :lol:)
Last edited by sailorspazz on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:47 pm

Dammit, they kept the no kissing scene in. I don't think the Toriyama of old would have put that in the manga. Ah well, everything else is looking good so far, I think Black already has SSj Rose.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:20 pm

sailorspazz wrote:Only a few pages were posted by a user on Twitter so far, so obviously we're missing a lot of the content right now, but some highlights:

The "Gokuu never kissed" thing is actually even more blatant here; before we could reasonably interpret it as he thought Vegeta was talking about feeding someone mouth-to-mouth, but Vegeta specifies "kiss" in the dialogue!

Whis tells Gokuu about his angel status when they're going to meet with Omni-King. Also reveals that angels like him do not fight (so he's super strong but never fights? Is his role just to train, then?)

On that final page, Vegeta says he's excited to beat a guy who looks like Kakarrot. A bit surprised to see him taking inspiration from Gokuu's "wakuwaku" shtick :P
Just to expand a little, Whis says the reason angels like himself never fight (outside of training) is because they're neutral. This means he won't help when they are in a pinch.

Vegeeta doesn't like that Zamasu wanted Goku's body by watching the tournament since Vegeeta is also strong. Anyway, Monaka was the one who won so he should have gone after him. Goku suggests that maybe he didn't want to turn into Monaka because of his nipples.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Helios518 wrote:Alright people, manga chapter pages are being leaked currently and what we got that "Trunks' kissing Mai to give the Senzu in there with Goku questioning it" scene.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Vegeta blushing made my day. :mrgreen:

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:28 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Vegeeta doesn't like that Zamasu wanted Goku's body by watching the tournament since Vegeeta is also strong. Anyway, Monaka was the one who won so he should have gone after him. Goku suggests that maybe he didn't want to turn into Monaka because of his nipples.
This... is hilarious.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Ajay wrote:The Volume 2 cover is absolutely out of this world. Huge props to Toyotaro:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Very impressed!
That cover art is spectacular. And it just makes me wish Shueisha will some day let Toyotaro take the ball and run with the idea of weekly Dragon Ball manga of some sort.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:And it just makes me wish Shueisha will some day let Toyotaro take the ball and run with the idea of weekly Dragon Ball manga of some sort.
I'd like to imagine if that were to ever happen and Toyotaro managed to get Super to turn into a weekly run, once it's over, he'll tell Toriyama "now I know why you hated doing this." :lol:

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:41 pm

its clear as day that goku is portrayed as a childlike man in both the manga and anime, but everyone thinks he acts like boo arc goku in the manga while the anime ruins his character.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 am

zamasu121 wrote:everyone thinks he acts like boo arc goku in the manga while the anime ruins his character.
Nah, he acts more like Buu arc Goku than his anime counterpart does. That's all people are trying to say.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:35 am

Helios518 wrote:Alright people, manga chapter pages are being leaked currently and what we got that "Trunks' kissing Mai to give the Senzu in there with Goku questioning it" scene.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So after that giant explosion in the Episode 60 thread, it turned out to be a Toriyama joke, or one he highly approved of, and not something Toei pull out of their butts to 'take away Goku's humanity'. This is what I mean by the 'when in doubt, blame Toei' mentality on this forum.

Also, manga Black really is more of a Bond villain. Letting Trunks got to get stronger…my god he turned into Cell, which I don't like. I like anime Black who tried to kill Trunks. Although he may not have actively hunted Trunks as much as should have, probably because he did enjoy fighting him thanks to Goku's body, he didn't let him walk away either if he had a kill shot since he was still pragmatic.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:44 am

HeroR wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So after that giant explosion in the Episode 60 thread, it turned out to be a Toriyama joke, or one he highly approved of, and not something Toei pull out of their butts to 'take away Goku's humanity'. This is what I mean by the 'when in doubt, blame Toei' mentality on this forum.
i wonder what will happen if trunks gets a new form in the manga. would people still call it an asspull?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:48 am

zamasu121 wrote:
i wonder what will happen if trunks gets a new form in the manga. would people still call it an asspull?
I do wonder if Trunks will get a new form since the anime left it unexplained and vague. So, I can see it as something Toei added to have Trunks fight Black and Zamaus without giving him Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. I personally don't mind.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:07 am

HeroR wrote:
zamasu121 wrote:
I do wonder if Trunks will get a new form since the anime left it unexplained and vague. So, I can see it as something Toei added to have Trunks fight Black and Zamaus without giving him Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. I personally don't mind.
i don't mind the form as well. i think trunks will get a transformation in the manga, because there is no way he can fight them while only being ssj3 level.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:22 am

People don't hate the form. They hate the fact that the form has no explanation. Trunks just magically gained it and nobody explained anything about it.