"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Basako » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:31 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Trunks time machine doesn't overwrite the past, it just changes it. Taking that along with the info that Black "can travel to paralel worlds" means that Black's original timeline still exists. So there's a timeline with a dead Son Family.
Then we disagree on this. Trunks's time travels change the timeline he lands on from that point, whether we know what's coming next, like in this case, or not, like when he travelled to Goku's timeline the second time to help them against the androids. I think Black's original timeline existed, but already has being changed since Trunks landed on it, it's not the same anymore. In another way of saying it, it has been overwritten.
Heno heno kappa!

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Other than poor motivations for Zamasu, I thought this chapter did a good job in removing unnecessary stuff that was in the anime,and it is pretty consistent, so far. I also really liked the art in this chapter. 8/10 for me.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Basako wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Trunks time machine doesn't overwrite the past, it just changes it. Taking that along with the info that Black "can travel to paralel worlds" means that Black's original timeline still exists. So there's a timeline with a dead Son Family.
Then we disagree on this. Trunks's time travels change the timeline he lands on from that point, whether we know what's coming next, like in this case, or not, like when he travelled to Goku's timeline the second time to help them against the androids. I think Black's original timeline existed, but already has being changed since Trunks landed on it, it's not the same anymore. In another way of saying it, it has been overwritten.
It's been explained in both the anime, the manga, and the original DBZ. Trunks can't overwrite the past, he just creates new worlds. That's why his future isn't ever affected, and it's why Black is unnaffected.

Black saying he exists there because of the time ring is because he couldn't be in Trunks timeline unless he jumped through time, hence the time ring. People mistakenly think the time ring is keeping him alive. Present Zamasu is Black's past, but Present Zamasu isn't Black. Just like how Baby Trunks was part of F.Trunks past, but Baby Trunks isn't Future Trunks. They're different people because of timeline changes.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:52 pm

phattangent wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Trunks time machine doesn't overwrite the past, it just changes it. Taking that along with the info that Black "can travel to paralel worlds" means that Black's original timeline still exists. So there's a timeline with a dead Son Family.
Then what did Black mean when he said he was protected by the Time Ring (in the anime)?
It was a BS excuse to make people not think about the show's obvious contradictions.
Retired.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:53 pm

OLKv3 wrote: It's been explained in both the anime, the manga, and the original DBZ. Trunks can't overwrite the past, he just creates new worlds. That's why his future isn't ever affected, and it's why Black is unnaffected.

Black saying he exists there because of the time ring is because he couldn't be in Trunks timeline unless he jumped through time, hence the time ring. People mistakenly think the time ring is keeping him alive. Present Zamasu is Black's past, but Present Zamasu isn't Black. Just like how Baby Trunks was part of F.Trunks past, but Baby Trunks isn't Future Trunks. They're different people because of timeline changes.

He can't change his own timeline's past, but can change other timeline's, at least from the moment he lands on. As I said, in this case we knew what he was changing, but, for example, the second time he went to help his friends to fight against the androids three years later, he was also altering that timeline. It would have been different if he didn't go and nobody says he created a new timeline then.
Last edited by Basako on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heno heno kappa!

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Basako wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: It's been explained in both the anime, the manga, and the original DBZ. Trunks can't overwrite the past, he just creates new worlds. That's why his future isn't ever affected, and it's why Black is unnaffected.

He can't change his own timeline's past, but can change other timeline's, at least from the moment he lands on. As I said, in this case we knew what he was changing, but, for example, the second time he went to help his friends to fight against the androids three years later, he was also altering that timeline. It would have been different if he didn't go and nobody says he created a new timeline then.
I see what you mean. You think he altered Black's past but Black isn't erased because time ring. Is there anything that says wearing the time ring protects you from being erased outside of Black's explanation in the anime? Gowasu and everyone else merely mentions that it can jump to parallel worlds

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:16 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
I see what you mean. You think he altered Black's past but Black isn't erased because time ring. Is there anything that says wearing the time ring protects you from being erased outside of Black's explanation in the anime? Gowasu and everyone else merely mentions that it can jump to parallel worlds
I still don't know what to think about the ring. I wouldn't say he needs to be protected by anything, since he is out of the timeline that is being changed. But, it would make some sense to be affected by the overwitting of the timeline he belongs to and the ring would protect him from that. If it was for me, he would be safe with or without the ring anyway.
Last edited by Basako on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Doctor. wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Doctor. wrote: It was last episode, Zamasu tells Vegetto the reason.

Sure, that's a fair point, but we're obviously arguing about what we know. No use in wondering about what may or may not happen. The manga has omitted so much stuff, it can omit this as well.
Maybe we should give it a chance to get to the same point that they explained it in the anime.
Nobody gave the anime a chance when the manga explained things earlier than when they happened in the anime, though. Obviously people will discuss what they know.
Should we start bitching about the manga having bad storytelling because we don't know exactly what Zamasu's goal is? We've seen he hates mortals, but it hasn't been explained yet why he wants to kill them, or if he wants to kill them all, or if not how he chooses them. Should we also say the same about why Black only wears one Potara instead of two?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:36 pm

I don't want to dig through a dozen pages, but does anyone at least have a summary of what happened in the chapter? I'd definitely appreciate it.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:I don't want to dig through a dozen pages, but does anyone at least have a summary of what happened in the chapter? I'd definitely appreciate it.
Basically, episode 55-56. There are a few things from later parts of the arc sprinkled in, but that's the gist of it.
Retired.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Recently started to read the manga, damn it's great all of the silly stuff from the anime is missing, I'm actually quite shocked there is so much material shoehorned from Toei lol

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Knowing how this arc ends, I'm so glad Toyo decided to have only Trunks and Mai alive in the future. It makes so much sense with what happened in tonight's episode.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:20 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Knowing how this arc ends, I'm so glad Toyo decided to have only Trunks and Mai alive in the future. It makes so much sense with what happened in tonight's episode.
Wow, I just realized that.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:49 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:I don't want to dig through a dozen pages, but does anyone at least have a summary of what happened in the chapter? I'd definitely appreciate it.
Herms translated the chapter: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30467&start=8900#p1193243
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:39 am

wow 57 pages this time! He could definitely go weekly! Would be cool if they done that after this arc ends in the manga.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:22 am

There are only 39 pages. Unless there are more other than the ones Herms translated.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:28 am

Xeztin wrote:wow 57 pages this time! He could definitely go weekly! Would be cool if they done that after this arc ends in the manga.
I think 57 it's V-Jump's actual page where the chapter ends, then and before that there are more pages with other content.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:13 am

Just read the full chapter. I get sad every time I see Future Trunks having hope

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 am

OLKv3 wrote:Just read the full chapter. I get sad every time I see Future Trunks having hope
It has to be done though... or his eventual defeat of Merged Zamasu will look like an ass pull. The anime did a very good job reminding us of the power of hope and love every episode leading up to episode 66. I'm curious to see how the manga handles this.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:02 am

Seems like the manga is worthless once again. Oh well. At least the little details here and there are still fun.

Kid Trunks had "CC AIR FORCE" on his shirt. Wth? :lol:
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.