Trunks never used Burning Attack

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Paper Lung

Trunks never used Burning Attack

Post by Paper Lung » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Trunks' most iconic move in Z and we didn't even get to see it once in his return in the Super anime. Instead, he spams Vegeta's moves. Kind of disappointing! So, what gives?

KidGokuDB

Re: Trunks never used Burning Attack

Post by KidGokuDB » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:37 pm

I have no idea. But yeah, they dropped the ball there. It's crazy to think the manga has even shown him use the attack but the anime basically didn't give a crap about it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:47 pm

I don't see why this is such a big issue. If Future Trunks wants to use other moves, in particular Vegeta's signature techniques, he can do so as he damn well pleases. He's trained with Vegeta in the past and I'm pretty certain he would have seen Vegeta fire a few Galick Gun's.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I don't see why this is such a big issue. If Future Trunks wants to use other moves, in particular Vegeta's signature techniques, he can do so as he damn well pleases. He's trained with Vegeta in the past and I'm pretty certain he would have seen Vegeta fire a few Galick Gun's.
Same thing happened with Gohan. He had masenko at first but out of respect for Goku, he used Kamehameha now.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:56 pm

kinisking wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I don't see why this is such a big issue. If Future Trunks wants to use other moves, in particular Vegeta's signature techniques, he can do so as he damn well pleases. He's trained with Vegeta in the past and I'm pretty certain he would have seen Vegeta fire a few Galick Gun's.
Same thing happened with Gohan. He had masenko at first but out of respect for Goku, he used Kamehameha now.
To be fair, Roshi created the Kamehameha. :P

KidGokuDB

Post by KidGokuDB » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:14 pm

This show has already become one big nostalgia trip. I mean for heaven's sake they brought back the Evil Containment Wave. So it shouldn't be that much of a surprise as to why people would ask about something like this :wink:

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:43 am

Well the point was for Trunks to grow up and get stronger. One way to do it was to learn his father's most powerful moves

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:26 am

I don't know I kind of think of it as that Trunks met his father in the Cell arc and decided to the carry on his legacy and learn his techniques.