Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Wow, this week's Super episode really hit some of the DB youtubers hard. Like me, a lot of them had mixed to negative feelings about it. Heck, LaughingStock Media himself tweeted recently tweeted this and stated that he may not review Super anymore after this episode. Hail Zeon didn't like it much either.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:10 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Wow, this week's Super episode really hit some of the DB youtubers hard. Like me, a lot of them had mixed to negative feelings about it. Heck, LaughingStock Media himself tweeted recently tweeted this and stated that he may not review Super anymore after this episode. Hail Zeon didn't like it much either.
Everyone was expecting a happy ending, and the sudden bittersweet curve ball they pulled with the conclusion of the arc threw everyone off guard. They really had no idea to react to it. Geekdom had a meltdown on twitter. He was so upset about the episode.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Everyone was expecting a happy ending, and the sudden bittersweet curve ball they pulled with the conclusion of the arc threw everyone off guard. They really had no idea to react to it. Geekdom had a meltdown on twitter. He was so upset about the episode.
I don't really think that's the case. Geekdom's meltdown was more about the people who keep uttering the same crap to him about how he's "overthinking it" and that he just needs to be happy about how there's new Dragon Ball content. Yes, the episode did have a part in it but that's not why he had the meltdown. Those guys knew how to react to it. And when they did, people threw crap at them because of their opinions. Especially Zeon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:Wow, this week's Super episode really hit some of the DB youtubers hard. Like me, a lot of them had mixed to negative feelings about it. Heck, LaughingStock Media himself tweeted recently tweeted this and stated that he may not review Super anymore after this episode. Hail Zeon didn't like it much either.
Everyone was expecting a happy ending, and the sudden bittersweet curve ball they pulled with the conclusion of the arc threw everyone off guard. They really had no idea to react to it. Geekdom had a meltdown on twitter. He was so upset about the episode.
This is why you shouldn't have a deep connection with your hobbies and why YT being work has it's negatives. When a tv show about fictional characters affects people this bad to the point their day is ruined well they need to take a step back.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: This is why you shouldn't have a deep connection with your hobbies and why YT being work has it's negatives. When a tv show about fictional characters affects people this bad to the point their day is ruined well they need to take a step back.
It's really not Super that's doing this. It's the people who treat them like they don't know what they're talking about because of their opinions on it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Everyone was expecting a happy ending, and the sudden bittersweet curve ball they pulled with the conclusion of the arc threw everyone off guard. They really had no idea to react to it. Geekdom had a meltdown on twitter. He was so upset about the episode.
I don't really think that's the case. Geekdom's meltdown was more about the people who keep uttering the same crap to him about how he's "overthinking it" and that he just needs to be happy about how there's new Dragon Ball content. Yes, the episode did have a part in it but that's not why he had the meltdown. Those guys knew how to react to it. And when they did, people threw crap at them because of their opinions. Especially Zeon.
Well, if you're branding yourself as a "reviewer" then you need to know to take criticism. Well-written criticism or crappy criticism, it's all the same. Complaining about how others complain about your opinions just seems petty.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: This is why you shouldn't have a deep connection with your hobbies and why YT being work has it's negatives. When a tv show about fictional characters affects people this bad to the point their day is ruined well they need to take a step back.
It's really not Super that's doing this to them. It's the people who treat them like they don't know what they're talking about because of their opinions on it.
There's something called having thickskin. There are plenty other content creators who get hate on a daily basis but they ignore it and rise above it. What I experienced today was unprofessionalism and pettyness I mean he blocked people who didn't even do anything bad, people call people out on opinions ALL THE TIME. It is nothing new. He messed up in the week with his Hit video now this. Disappointed.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:He messed up in the week with his Hit video now this. Disappointed.
What went on in that video?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:41 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:He messed up in the week with his Hit video now this. Disappointed.
What went on in that video?
He said anyone who made a video on this was copying him. Fans went to attack other YTubers and then he back tracked and made it out like was being cynical/sarcastic.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: There's something called having thickskin. There are plenty other content creators who get hate on a daily basis but they ignore it and rise above it. What I experienced today was unprofessionalism and pettyness I mean he blocked people who didn't even do anything bad, people call people out on opinions ALL THE TIME. It is nothing new. He messed up in the week with his Hit video now this. Disappointed.
Not everyone's the same. Personally, I let it slide because I believe he means well and he's got a big heart for what he does.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: He said anyone who made a video on this was copying him. Fans went to attack other YTubers and then he back tracked and made it out like was being cynical/sarcastic.
I think he genuinely didn't mean it. He's had problems with his sarcasm in the past. And while I don't personally like it and it ticks me off a lot like that earlier instance, I really don't think he meant to harm anyone.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:09 pm

Bansho64 wrote: I think he genuinely didn't mean it. He's had problems with his sarcasm in the past. And while I don't personally like it and it ticks me off a lot like that earlier instance, I really don't think he meant to harm anyone.
For sure. I've muted/unfollowed him for now while he calms down. As I said just disappointed. Like I said one of the negatives having a hobby as a job.
He said anyone who made a video on this was copying him. Fans went to attack other YTubers and then he back tracked and made it out like was being cynical/sarcastic.
Yeah you're probably right actually I think that was just an isolated incident from this, probably shouldn't have brought it up.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:13 pm

FT is the only time I didn't like Yamamuros design. It's just way too young looking.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:01 pm

Gosh, I didn't like it much how Future Trunks ended after all, in another timeline with copies of himself and his girlfriend, the same people but yet not the same that were killed by Zamasu. The problem is not that people were expecting a happy ending, is that is just bad for a character like him. In my headcanon he is still living a rebuilt Earth happily after he killed Cell.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:18 pm

Since the topic is about "non-thread worthy discussions", I want to mention that OnlyNura's fan animation, "Birth of a New God", contains the only physically accurate representation of Goten and Trunks at their respective ages. Note that I'm not counting pictures, just animation.

0:19-0:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnLIrqA2fxA
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
This is why you shouldn't have a deep connection with your hobbies and why YT being work has it's negatives. When a tv show about fictional characters affects people this bad to the point their day is ruined well they need to take a step back.
Geekdom has been annoying to me for a while now. Today's the day I unsubscribed.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:26 am

kinisking wrote:Geekdom has been annoying to me for a while now. Today's the day I unsubscribed.
He's more of a channel that you watch if you're just getting into things, he's harmless. In fact, I'd say that he's a net positive. I don't like his personality (or what I've seen of it) at all, though, his oversensitivity annoys me to no end. Those attitudes are what made the internet so cancerous to begin with. Well, that and anonymity, but I digress. Maybe I'm just biased, but I can't bring myself to have any respect for thin-skinned anons, no matter whether they've done anything wrong or not.
Retired.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:28 am

Yeah, about Geekdom, there's something about his personality that I don't like. I always cringe when he says the Japanese titles in his videos. It's like, "oh, shut up and get to the review already please.."

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:46 am

ryou766 wrote:Yeah, about Geekdom, there's something about his personality that I don't like. I always cringe when he says the Japanese titles in his videos. It's like, "oh, shut up and get to the review already please.."
I used to hate him. He was such a macho try-hard bordering on narcissism. There's something... very unlikeable about a person informing the audience about how amazingly good looking they and how many girls they get while they're making a YouTube video reviewing anime.

I think he's toned the bragging down though, and when I realized how very interesting and thoughtful his discussion actually is, I was able to get over it.

Hail Zeon is interesting and thoughtful to, but just so horrendously negative that I wonder why he's even wasting so much time talking about Dragon Ball so much when he doesn't even seem to like it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:29 pm

kinisking wrote:So... goku effectively destroyed Trunks' life. He motivated Zamasu, didn't go ahead and kill black in episode 50, forgot the seal and pressed the omni king button.
With this post, can we say that Goku is one of the biggest asshole in the series? Like dbzfan7 pointed back in Episode #50, I never understand why didn't Trunks gone mad with Goku by not giving a f*** about Black and just wanted to fight him for funsies, he could have defeated him straight by using his full power.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Noah wrote:
kinisking wrote:So... goku effectively destroyed Trunks' life. He motivated Zamasu, didn't go ahead and kill black in episode 50, forgot the seal and pressed the omni king button.
With this post, can we say that Goku is one of the biggest asshole in the series? Like dbzfan7 pointed back in Episode #50, I never understand why didn't Trunks gone mad with Goku by not giving a f*** about Black and just wanted to fight him for funsies, he could have defeated him straight by using his full power.
It's kinda of like what happened in the Majin Boo arc, where Goku stated how he no idea how to defeat Majin Boo then very shortly after meeting Majin Boo, he pulls SSJ3 out of his ass, and just to make matters worse, he openly states he was strong enough at that time to kill Majin Boo. But didn't because he wanted the new generation to save the day. Which in itself makes no sense because he could have prevented Majin Boo from being released in the first place by either not fooling around with Babidi's minions or transforming into a SSJ3 against SSJ2 Majin Vegeta and knocking him out with one blow.